Help me figure out this Dreamcast System

DeannaF7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hi
I found this Pink or red (not really sure) Dreamcast system at a house sale and I can't find anything about it on the Internet or on ebay. Is it rare? I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Deanna

GT005.jpg

GT006.jpg

GT007.jpg

[quote name='guessed']Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is just a standard dreamcast, with its shell replaced with one of these.[/quote]

That is what I was thinking but then I noticed the buttons and controller ports on mine are black, and the ones on that one are white.

I stopped paying attention to the console releases (since i got mine at launch), but I seem to remember seeing a lot of accessories in translucent colors like that. Maybe it was just a standard release.

oh yea- the Sega Sports bundle was a black unit. So if someone put a replacement case on that model, it would still have black ports and buttons.

[quote name='DeannaF7']That is what I was thinking but then I noticed the buttons and controller ports on mine are black, and the ones on that one are white.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw the black/white difference too, but I just figured it was a different third party shell manufacturer.

[quote name='nbballard']oh yea- the Sega Sports bundle was a black unit. So if someone put a replacement case on that model, it would still have black ports and buttons.[/QUOTE]

this sounds like the most logical answer, I have the sega sports bundle, and can confirm that the buttons and controller ports would be black. So probably just a case mod

That is a nice looking system but the only releases for the DC I can recall were the launch white and the Sega Sports black.

I dont see it being the Biohazard Edition. That was Japan only atleast the one in the picture is from Japan seeing how it is Biohazard and not Resident Evil. Also the buttons on that one look to be more gray then black on his they look black. I dont ever remember a Resident Evil edition comeing out in the states. However I had mine at launch like someone else said and I also stopped paying attention to what ones came out.

Also I have not looked under mine in a long time or even played it but I think it would have some sort of stickers on the bottom of it regarding the FCC and Copy Right and the barcode for them to scan it when buying it is on the bottom also. The OPs does not have this so that says it is a case mod and not the Biohazard/Resident Evil Edition.

[quote name='sendme']I dont see it being the Biohazard Edition. That was Japan only atleast the one in the picture is from Japan seeing how it is Biohazard and not Resident Evil. Also the buttons on that one look to be more gray then black on his they look black. I dont ever remember a Resident Evil edition comeing out in the states. However I had mine at launch like someone else said and I also stopped paying attention to what ones came out.

Also I have not looked under mine in a long time or even played it but I think it would have some sort of stickers on the bottom of it regarding the FCC and Copy Right and the barcode for them to scan it when buying it is on the bottom also. The OPs does not have this so that says it is a case mod and not the Biohazard/Resident Evil Edition.[/QUOTE]

While I'm sure it's not the Biohazard edition the only way to tell is by looking on the back, which has a label of what console# it is.

I did that lil' bold trick to highlight some of your statements that are incorrect and kind of a dickwad thing to say.

1st one, because you didn't hear about it, i guess there is no possible way someone imported it or bought it off Ebay.

2ndly, not enough info on the OPs case to make the distinction of whether or not this is a genuine Biohazard Dreamcast. Like I said earlier, it would be on the back of the console, not the bottom, like this:

1%20(4).JPG

WOW so your saying that I am in correct in the fact that I don't remember a Biohazard/Resident Evil edition of the DC coming out in the States. I could understand if I said one never did however I said I do not REMEMBER one coming to the states. So that statement was infact correct. I never said one did not come out in the States I just said I do not remember one coming out.

Sure they could have imported it or bought it off of eBay. I'm not saying they didn't.

As for the case you know for a fact that nothing is printed on the under side of the case? I could be wrong but I thought they put the model number and other information such as the power the DC uses on the bottom of the system.

I never said the OP did not have the Biohazard/Resident Evil editon. I said I don't see it being that in other words I dont think it is. For all I know they could have got the Biohazard/RE edition and the guy that sold it just had to get rid of it.

I dont think what I said makes me a "dickwad". I just stated what I thought and why I thought it. No where did I say that it was not an import or that it was 100% not the Biohazard/RE Edition. Itstead of telling me what I said was "kind of a dickwad thing to say" you could have said no they did come out with one in the States and said no nothing is on the underside of the system. I never said they did not come out with one in the States, the person the OP bought theirs from did not import it or get it off of eBay, that the system does in fact have labels on the bottom of it. I said the words "think", "remember" and "I dont see it being the Biohazard Edition."

[quote name='carpwrist']
I did that lil' bold trick to highlight some of your statements that are incorrect and kind of a dickwad thing to say.[/quote]Oversensitive much?

bread's done
Back