Help These Boys!!! Do a Good Deed!

[quote name='Weedy649']what i dont get is how CAGs are actually recommending burning games [-X[/quote]

It's not like it's really hurting anyone if she burns a copy of RE2 on dc. You can't buy it new and the price is $40+ on half.com and I didn't even see it on eb's site.

[quote name='javeryh']Is it just me or does anyone else think allowing mentally challenged people play Resident Evil is a little insane? I mean I've been around mentally challenged/autistic/other learning disabled people and their ability to tell the difference between reality and fantasy is typically questionable at best. Last thing I'd want is someone to get mad and hurt or kill someone else because of something they saw in a videogame...[/quote]

The guys aren't dangerous, nor are they mentally ill. There is a difference between a mental illness and a brain injury.

The only problem we have ever had with them is them wanting to act out the wrestling games.. and Eric weighs 300 lbs, Robert weighs in at 120. He doesn't know it, though.. it's like a Rat Terrier after a Bull Mastiff, plus they REALLY like each other. It's hilarious.

[quote name='JSweeney']

Here's the easiest way to track these down......
buy a PSX and RE2 and 3 for it.
These are much, much easier to find, and you open the doors to a pile of other games the boys could play...
all of which could be purchased inexpensively, or gotten as donation to the group home.
(Rather than trade thier games in for pennies on the dollar, I'm sure some people would rather donate them to a worthy cause.[/quote]

What he said... And as for putting retards to work in a sweatshop.... :applause:

Here is a Dreamcast for only $19.99 make sure you use the code SAVER for free shipping.

LINK

The PS1 may have more games but the Dreamcast stuff is just as cheap if not cheaper and closer to this current generation of stuff than a PS1. Lack of games yeah maybe but it depends on your tastes. A ton of good fighters among other things.[/quote]

I will talk to the guys about this tonight or tomorrow night.

I am hoping that they will just be cool and take the PS1 out of the closet, but of they don't, this will be option # 2.

[quote name='"Kayden"'][quote name='JSweeney']

What he said... And as for putting retards to work in a sweatshop.... :applause:[/quote]

You're EXTREMELY uninformed, as well as politically incorrect.

I'm not going to take offens,e because maybe you can learn.

Have you ever heaad of any sweatshops where they have video game?

[quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='JSweeney']

What he said... And as for putting retards to work in a sweatshop.... :applause:[/quote]

Have you ever heaad of any sweatshops where they have video game?[/quote]

I shall savor the formatting of this post forever!

[quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='JSweeney']

SWEENY! Thats a horrible thing to say, you're such a prick! :rofl:

[quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='javeryh']Is it just me or does anyone else think allowing mentally challenged people play Resident Evil is a little insane? I mean I've been around mentally challenged/autistic/other learning disabled people and their ability to tell the difference between reality and fantasy is typically questionable at best. Last thing I'd want is someone to get mad and hurt or kill someone else because of something they saw in a videogame...[/quote]

The guys aren't dangerous, nor are they mentally ill. There is a difference between a mental illness and a brain injury.

The only problem we have ever had with them is them wanting to act out the wrestling games.. and Eric weighs 300 lbs, Robert weighs in at 120. He doesn't know it, though.. it's like a Rat Terrier after a Bull Mastiff, plus they REALLY like each other. It's hilarious.[/quote]

I really don't see why it's a huge leap of logic to think if they act out one type of game without knowledge or regard for the reprocussions, is it that outlandish to think that one of them may act out something they saw in a different game?

Of course, a great deal of it will depend on thier respective mental ages.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='JSweeney']

I shall savor the formatting of this post forever![/quote]

Enjoying it, aren't you?

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='JSweeney']

I shall savor the formatting of this post forever![/quote]

Enjoying it, aren't you?[/quote]

I am :twisted: =D

Damn I don't own either of these games for my GC... people are asking $100 for RE2 now on ebay. That's insane... come on capcom do a reprint already.....

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='javeryh']Is it just me or does anyone else think allowing mentally challenged people play Resident Evil is a little insane? I mean I've been around mentally challenged/autistic/other learning disabled people and their ability to tell the difference between reality and fantasy is typically questionable at best. Last thing I'd want is someone to get mad and hurt or kill someone else because of something they saw in a videogame...[/quote]

The only problem we have ever had with them is them wanting to act out the wrestling games.. and Eric weighs 300 lbs, Robert weighs in at 120. He doesn't know it, though.. it's like a Rat Terrier after a Bull Mastiff, plus they REALLY like each other. It's hilarious.[/quote]

I really don't see why it's a huge leap of logic to think if they act out one type of game without knowledge or regard for the reprocussions, is it that outlandish to think that one of them may act out something they saw in a different game?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='Birakon']um...i have a penis[/quote]

thats why most people didnt take you serious and buy your ds on the trade forums...

[quote name='BasketCase1080'][quote name='Birakon']um...i have a penis[/quote]

thats why most people didnt take you serious and buy your ds on the trade forums...[/quote]

actually punksux bought it and he has the DS and just sent out the money already =P

BTW not to be rude OP but how does a person who can not read play a video game?

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='javeryh']Is it just me or does anyone else think allowing mentally challenged people play Resident Evil is a little insane? I mean I've been around mentally challenged/autistic/other learning disabled people and their ability to tell the difference between reality and fantasy is typically questionable at best. Last thing I'd want is someone to get mad and hurt or kill someone else because of something they saw in a videogame...[/quote]

I really don't see why it's a huge leap of logic to think if they act out one type of game without knowledge or regard for the reprocussions, is it that outlandish to think that one of them may act out something they saw in a different game?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.[/quote]

Dido, God forbid they think someone is a zombie.

I have a friend with disabilites...he plays games...doesn't really act them out..he drives...can't really work...but he's productive in his own right..it is possible that this is real...besides if you were to help and you get scammed...its still good karma for you..

[quote name='outlawz42']I have a friend with disabilites...he plays games...doesn't really act them out..he drives...can't really work...but he's productive in his own right..it is possible that this is real...besides if you were to help and you get scammed...its still good karma for you..[/quote]

Absolutely EXCELLENT attitude.. and you should have TONS of good karma just for thinking like this.

Lots of gamers have been VERY helpful, and only the one was questionable.

I made this post originally because I knew NOTHING about games orgaming equipment, and look how many people came forward with assistance!

Thank you, CAG!

BTW, I am going in to Chicago tomorrow to see the guys, and we have a "gaming conversation" conference scheduled.

I will list the options you guys have given me and see what they say.

Mostly this RE problem is for Robert, because my Eric is happy with PS1 and bought a PS2 at Christmas. Almost All HE ever wants to do is a sports,a nd wrestling games.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I'm still skeptical... shouldn't you be watching your "dependants" instead of tinkering around online?[/quote]

They're not my "dependents", although I am the Legal Guardian of my own son.

They live 90 miles west of me. I call them every night and get in there probably twice a month.

The facility takes great care of them and they have 24/7 supervision, which is something I can NOT do at home.

So don't worry.

You guys are too paranoid. She asked for help tracking the games down at the lowest price. I don't see what's wrong with that...

Hey, I'm in Rockford, IL too!

[quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='onetrackmind']I have no idea if this is legit or not... i'm not trying to flame here but why would a kid be playing resident evil games? It could just be me but that seems kinda odd to me... but good luck with finding the games.[/quote]

Hi guys.. I'm not gone offline, yet.. so I wil answer a few questions

They are NOT kids. Robert is 35 years old, but is Developmentally Delayed. He functions in his teens.

My Eric is 26 and functions at approx. 13 years old. The others range in age from 23 to 65. The 23 year old has had a stroke, with a LOT of health problems.

There's no need to automatically think this is a scam.[/quote]

*bing*
Congratulations, your use of the term 'developmentally delayed' authenticates you as a caregiver.
My brother is EMH and my mom and special needs teachers are the only people I've ever heard use the term 'developmentally delayed'.

Found a mint RE3 for GC @ EB games, today. $39.99 (I payed $35 w/ EDGE card). Total luck

So keep checking Gamestops, EB Games, etc.

[
*bing*
Congratulations, your use of the term 'developmentally delayed' authenticates you as a caregiver.
My brother is EMH and my mom and special needs teachers are the only people I've ever heard use the term 'developmentally delayed'.[/quote]

Thanks for the answer.. it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine that people don't understand the dif beteen a menta lillness and a brain injury.

Developmentally Delayed (DD) people are regular people, just like everybody else, except with a whole different set of challenges.

For instance, it might take them ten years to mature two years' in age. But delayed means exactly THAT.. DELAYED, not STOPPED, a d they have hopes and feelings and interests just like everyone else in the world. They even covet and collect video games!!

BTW not to be rude OP but how does a person who can not read play a video game?[/quote]

I won't take it as rude, I am sure you're curious. There's a big dif between curious and making fun.

Robert can read , some.
Eric can't read at ALL.
Another guy can read a little bit.
They simply adapt and keep plugging away at the game until they get it to do something.

Ia m sure they can't REALLY play like you guys do.

Allrighty then, Ia m back from spending the day in Chicago.
We had our conference onm video game options that you guys have listed for us on this thread.

It turns out that Robert already has RE 3 on PS1.

He does NOT have RE2.

He is interested in the option ofgoing the route of the Dreamcast System, and wants me to ask you guys if Dreamcast has extra tips and puzzles that PS1 did not have.

[quote name='asaraa']Found a mint RE3 for GC @ EB games, today. $39.99 (I payed $35 w/ EDGE card). Total luck

So keep checking Gamestops, EB Games, etc.[/quote]

You are SO lucky! I think, under the circumstances, we will either go back to PS1 or do Dreamcast.

You guys have been a GREAT help, and have made Robert feel really important, with all these people trying to help him!

If you go the Dreamcast route, don't forget the system has a bunch of other great games for it that the boys may be interested in playing. And a lot of them are dirt cheap.

[quote name='jkam'] Not sure why all CAG's would point to the Playstation. TSK TSK.[/quote]

Much easier to find used and complete copies of the PSone versions at just about any used game shop in town vs. the Dreamcast versions. Besides, the OP said they already have one or two Playstations at the home to begin with. They'd have to purchase a Dreamcast system to go with the DC ports if they went that route.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='jkam'] Not sure why all CAG's would point to the Playstation. TSK TSK.[/quote]

Much easier to find used and complete copies of the PSone versions at just about any used game shop in town vs. the Dreamcast versions. Besides, the OP said they already have one or two Playstations at the home to begin with. They'd have to purchase a Dreamcast system to go with the DC ports if they went that route.[/quote]

OK, you all already knwo I knwo nothing about video games, so tell me what a DC port is. Does the Dreamcast hook up the same as a Playstation?

I think they can switch back and forth with out much trouble., because they have new TVs with front jacks.. I bought them a bit before Christmas.

OK, you all already knwo I knwo nothing about video games, so tell me what a DC port is.

A port is a nearly identical game being placed on a different console.
By "porting" a company takes the original source code they had that they used to program the first game and optimize it to work on a different hardware platform.
It's a standard practice in the industry because the majority of the cost incurred in the development process of a videogame is in the creation of the original source code. If they then make minor changes to make it work with another hardware platform, they give themselves access to an entirely different userbase.

Does the Dreamcast hook up the same as a Playstation?

Yes, it does.

I think they can switch back and forth with out much trouble., because they have new TVs with front jacks.. I bought them a bit before Christmas.
You could also just get a simple, cheap switchbox that are available at most videogame stores (around 20 dollars), which allows you to hook the switchbox up to the TV, and then hook the game systems up to the switchbox. This allows you to have 4+ game consoles always hooked up to your TV, and you can switch between the consoles by a simple press of a button on the switchbox.

[You could also just get a simple, cheap switchbox that are available at most videogame stores (around 20 dollars), which allows you to hook the switchbox up to the TV, and then hook the game systems up to the switchbox. This allows you to have 4+ game consoles always hooked up to your TV, and you can switch between the consoles by a simple press of a button on the switchbox.[/quote]

OK.. Great! So I just learned something else.. switchbox it will be.

[quote name='Birakon']

BTW not to be rude OP but how does a person who can not read play a video game?[/quote]

Why not? People who don't know a kanji from a scribble import and finish Japanese games all the time. And you ever watch a grade schooler play games? I remember once watching a kid in Wal-Mart, I think he was like five, play a Jame Bond game on the N64 display. He obviously couldn't read becuase the first thing he did was shoot the person he was supposed to rescue, and kept right on going despite the 'mission failed' flashing on the top of the screen, but I will tell you this- I rarely see adults have such good aim in a shooting-based title! It was rather impressive.

check out toys r us they had an intect system selector for 90% off last week i think it came to 2.00 or 3.00 dollars. also you can hook up to 5 systems to it.

Do they have a Nintendo 64? RE 2 is available for that system and shouldn't be too hard to find for around $5 or so. Also, I think the N64 version of RE2 has some extra stuff that the Gamecube version doesn't (although I'm not too sure on that, someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

And I'm not sure if you know this or not, so forgive me if you do, but the PS2 can play PS1 games - all you need is a PS1 memory card to save the games.

[quote name='Cracka']OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES![/quote]
I'm curious... what good does that do now?
That little argument had long since blown over.
What is gained by exhuming it's corpse so that you can violate it for a little longer?

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Cracka']OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES![/quote]

I curious... what good does that do know?
What is gained by exhuming it's corpse so that you can violate it for a little longer?[/quote]

you think i read all 5 pages of this thread?

If they cant read how could they possibly play a RE game? There is a TON of reading in those games and you could never get anywhere without being able to read.

[quote name='Cracka'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Cracka']OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES![/quote]

I curious... what good does that do know?
What is gained by exhuming it's corpse so that you can violate it for a little longer?[/quote]

you think i read all 5 pages of this thread?[/quote]

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE.. I thought we were over al lof that!

What difference does it make to you if I get a break on a PS1 or Dreamscape game?

I do believe there's enough to go around.

bread's done
Back