Help These Boys!!! Do a Good Deed!

[quote name='madmage']If they cant read how could they possibly play a RE game? There is a TON of reading in those games and you could never get anywhere without being able to read.[/quote]

I can't explain it, and I DO understand your wondering.. but I SWEAR it is TRUE they can play.

The probably do not play as well as YOU do, but they love doing it!

We're edging up to buying Dreamcasts.

PS1 might be as good, but this way they think they're REALLY doing something COOL.

[quote name='Cracka'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Cracka']OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES![/quote]

I curious... what good does that do know?
That little argument had long since blown over.
What is gained by exhuming it's corpse so that you can violate it for a little longer?[/quote]

you think i read all 5 pages of this thread?[/quote]

Well, doing that does tend to make you look a WHOLE lot less foolish later on.

[quote name='flamingo-kid1'][quote name='Cracka'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Cracka']OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES![/quote]

I curious... what good does that do know?
That little argument had long since blown over.
What is gained by exhuming it's corpse so that you can violate it for a little longer?[/quote]

you think i read all 5 pages of this thread?[/quote]

FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE.. I thought we were over al lof that!

What difference does it make to you if I get a break on a PS1 or Dreamscape game?

I do believe there's enough to go around.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry. That post was an example of a person who was late into the thread, and decided to respond after reading your first post, and likely only your first post despite the 5 pages of posts and discussion that had gone one.
I really doubt that anyone who has read through the entire thread still questions you... the fact that you'd even consider getting the games for other consoles just so your son could complete his collection just about negates most of the reasons why people would think you were trying to "scam" someone. While the first post, if only read by itself seems dubious, if one continues to read the thread, it becomes much, much easier to believe you.

Since this thread has now existed for a while, you may end up seeing a few more of these types of posts from people who will only read the first post or first page and then post a reply. Unfortunately, it's part of the nature of the beast.

I really doubt that anyone who has read through the entire thread still questions you... the fact that you'd even consider getting the games for other consoles just so your son could complete his collection just about negates most of the reasons why people would think you were trying to "scam" someone.

Actually, it's not my son who wants the RE games, it's his good friend, Robert. Eric mostly plays sports. He LOVES sports... all kinds

Robert has no family, in fact out of the eight men there, there are only two with families. So Robert has adopted us, and vice versa. I try to do what I can for them all.

And I'm not just going to "consider" getting a different game console, we're going to DO it.

He needs to simply forget about GameCube and those two games. I'm going to find that DinoCrisis whaterver it is, too. I've appreciated all the posts here.

[quote name='flamingo-kid1']I really doubt that anyone who has read through the entire thread still questions you... the fact that you'd even consider getting the games for other consoles just so your son could complete his collection just about negates most of the reasons why people would think you were trying to "scam" someone.

Actually, it's not my son who wants the RE games, it's his good friend, Robert. Eric mostly plays sports. He LOVES sports... all kinds

Robert has no family, in fact out of the eight men there, there are only two with families. So Robert has adopted us, and vice versa. I try to do what I can for them all.

And I'm not just going to "consider" getting a different game console, we're going to DO it.

He needs to simply forget about GameCube and those two games. I'm going to find that DinoCrisis whaterver it is, too. I've appreciated all the posts here.[/quote]

It was a fuckin joke. I was being sarcastic about it being a scam because i read alot of people posting shit in the first page saying "this looks shady" blah blah blah. Get over it.

also i didnt see the point in reading 5 pages of posts about a woman asking where she can get a copy of those games. I really dont care if she got the games, I dont care if people told her where to get the games, I dont care about any of the possible responses they may have posted, so it would've been wasted time reading all of the responses.

I was basically saying if you're just asking for help finding those games, then its stupid for people to say "this looks shady" and whatever else they may have said that was like that. I was actually posting in your defense, but apparently you didnt notice that.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']I think the N64 version of RE2 has some extra stuff that the Gamecube version doesn't (although I'm not too sure on that, someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).[/quote]

It goes both ways actually. The N64 port has exclusive EX files you can find in the game giving more back story as well as violence level and blood color options. However, the N64 port does not have the unlockable Extreme Battle mode that all the other ports have (or the FMV cinema, character polygon and production art galleries that the PC and Dreamcast ports have).

With the N64 port, you also have to deal with grainy FMV and lower quality audio, problems that none of the CD-based ports have. Of course if you're worried about the kids scratching up your game discs, the N64 cartridge is the way to go.

It was a shaq-fuin joke. I was being sarcastic about it being a scam because i read alot of people posting shit in the first page saying "this looks shady" blah blah blah. Get over it.

I was basically saying if you're just asking for help finding those games, then its stupid for people to say "this looks shady" and whatever else they may have said that was like that. I was actually posting in your defense, but apparently you didnt notice that.

If you were being sarcastic, then I can appreciate that. It is hard, if not impossible, to tell the true meaning of a post online due to lack of voice inflection, facial expression, and lack of emoticons. So, with no visible clues, how wouldlI know the dif between your sarcasm and all of the others' accusations?

It was a shaq-fuin joke. I was being sarcastic about it being a scam because i read alot of people posting shit in the first page saying "this looks shady" blah blah blah. Get over it.

In case you haven't realized it yet, sarcasm, unless ridiculously blatant, does not translate well without vocal cues or any context.
Your statement would have been much easier to pick out if there were some statement so outlandish that it would be clear to everyone, or if there were some smily that the comment was made playfully or in jest.

also i didnt see the point in reading 5 pages of posts about a woman asking where she can get a copy of those games.

Untill you get called on it, and then you start to whine... just like you have been in this post.

I really dont care if she got the games, I dont care if people told her where to get the games, I dont care about any of the possible responses they may have posted, so it would've been wasted time reading all of the responses.

Why even bother to post in the thread then? What you posted wasn't even remotely clever, so do you just revel in wasting time or are you a glutton for punishment?

I was basically saying if you're just asking for help finding those games, then its stupid for people to say "this looks shady" and whatever else they may have said that was like that.

I was actually posting in your defense, but apparently you didnt notice that.

Let's look at the post.
OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES!

Hmm. No context.
Similar things have been stated in the thread, so it's not so outlandish that it could be immediately dismissed as sarcastic.
Now.. had it started with something like: LOL OMFG BBQ! It would have been much easier for all readers to realize that it was sarcasm.
Even a simple smily would have gone a long way to establishing a context for the statement as well.

[quote name='JSweeney']Let's look at the post.
OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES!

Hmm. No context.
Similar things have been stated in the thread, so it's not so outlandish that it could be immediately dismissed as sarcastic.
Now.. had it started with something like: LOL OMFG BBQ! It would have been much easier for all readers to realize that it was sarcasm.
Even a simple smily would have gone a long way to establishing a context for the statement as well.[/quote]

the "OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES!" was meant to be like what others have said... hence me making fun of them saying it... when i real something online, if they use all caps i usually dont take what they say as something serious... especially when they use exclamation marks and things such as "OMFG." I personally would've seen it as sarcastic just by what i said.. not counting the caps and the OMFG.

man i read thru like 2-3 pages of this and some of the posts make me SICK.....how could you people be so uncaring? all she asked you guys for were PRICES not ur opinions or comments on her story.....sry about the rant....anyways i agree with the other guys on the ps2 idea.....cheaper.......i ive always found the playstation controller is the easiest....plus the main thing gc has to offer on those games is graphics....graphics arent everything

EDIT
even if it is all a story...why cant you give her the deals anyways???

the "OMFG SCAM! DONT TELL HER WHERE SHE CAN BUY THESE GAMES!" was meant to be like what others have said... hence me making fun of them saying it... when i real something online, if they use all caps i usually dont take what they say as something serious... especially when they use exclamation marks and things such as "OMFG."

See, your problem there is that all caps is already looked upon as shouting, and OMFG and other such abreviations are acceptable shorthand. Nothing you said in that post made it rise to a level where one could obviously see that it was sarcastic. If you want to see someone use sarcasm well, look up WhipSmartBanky or BigNick's posts.
They've become very good at giving just enough context or being so ridiculous in the statement that it is obvious what it is.
While your intent is clear to yourself, you really didn't present it in a way that would differentiate you from all of the other shouting and whining posters that you had intented to ridicule.

I personally would've seen it as sarcastic just by what i said.. not counting the caps and the OMFG.
Well, yeah... you posted it. Without vocal cues or any context, no one else could really jump to that conclusion. With no context, the statement had to be taken at face value.

[quote name='Birakon']get him RE 4 on his gamecube thats all he needs forever , BEST RE game EVar
=) i love it cant stop playing it[/quote]

He just bought RE4 about two weeks ago, and he DOES love it.

I think that's why he wanted to complete his collection.

He;s not as excited about the graphics as he is the puzzles.

He's can't stop playing RE4 and then got on a kick about the games he is "missing."

[quote name='goku_saiyin_lord']man i read thru like 2-3 pages of this and some of the posts make me SICK.....how could you people be so uncaring? all she asked you guys for were PRICES not ur opinions or comments on her story.....sry about the rant....anyways i agree with the other guys on the ps2 idea.....cheaper.......i ive always found the playstation controller is the easiest....plus the main thing gc has to offer on those games is graphics....graphics arent everything

EDIT
even if it is all a story...why cant you give her the deals anyways???[/quote]

Thank you for taking the time to post.. there area LOT of nice people on this thread!

It is nice to see that people care. I know that's corny, but it's NOT so corny when you put it in the context of knowing that there ARE such things as Group Homes out there, with guys in them who have no family, or advocate other than a State appointed, over-worked Gusrdian, and who were maybe placed there YEARS ago, lost in the "system."

Today's system is a LOT different than it was even 10 years ago, with a lot more emphasis on Resident Rights and care.

My Eric is very lucky to have come through his life with the American Disability Act in place; he has a lot more schooling and training than the older ones in his house..

But they all still love video games :)

[

I personally would've seen it as sarcastic just by what i said.. not counting the caps and the OMFG.
Well, yeah... you posted it. Without vocal cues or any context, no one else could really jump to that conclusion. With no context, the statement had to be taken at face value.[/quote]

JSweeney, you're a great Champion, and have "stuck up" for me several times.

Thank you. I appreacite it because I wasn't sure if I should have posted in the first place.

But look how it's made everyone think!

In the GREAT words of Rodney King...

"Can't we just all get along?"

LOL OMFG BBQ!

sucks10.gif

bread's done
Back