Help with printing game inserts (for personal use)

phoenix529

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
Hey CAG,

Tried researching this on the web, no luck.
I picked up quite a few Gamecube games dirt cheap, and they were in gamecube cases, but the artwork inserts were generic HWV or Vintage Stock advertisement slips with the game name in Sharpie. I want to replace these with replicas of the actual artwork.

I don't need anything fancy, I'm not trying to resell them or anything, I just want the game's covers without having to order them. My questions are:

1. Where can I find a site with a collection of these artwork inserts?

OR

2. What's the pixel dimensions needed to make these myself and cut them out of 8.5x11" paper?

Oh, and

3. What's the most similar paper I can buy to print these on?

Thanks guys.

No problem, I'm always willing to help out.

One thing, though. Make sure that your printer can print without borders. Mine can't, so if I print out covers at home, It cuts off one end and prints it on a second sheet, and they end up looking like this
ff.jpg

Now, I just load them up on a flash drive and take them to Kinkos or wherever

Oh wow. Chairman, thank you for the link to that awesome site!

You know, I'm one of those picky collectors, I don't like to buy any games missing covers. But with a website like that, it makes me reconsider my pickiness (and hey the less picky I am, the cheaper my gaming habit gets!). Now I can buy used coverless games and at least make them look a little nicer on my gaming shelf.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']No problem, I'm always willing to help out.

One thing, though. Make sure that your printer can print without borders. Mine can't, so if I print out covers at home, It cuts off one end and prints it on a second sheet, and they end up looking like this
ff.jpg

Now, I just load them up on a flash drive and take them to Kinkos or wherever[/QUOTE]

Mind if I ask how much per print is it?

I am tempted to go to one of these places if it's cheap enough... maybe do it at home, but not with ink... too much black on alot of covers. I thought of a color laser, but I don't have one right now. :whistle2:#

[quote name='xycury']Mind if I ask how much per print is it?
[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I haven't done it yet :lol: I'm waiting until payday to go there. I'll let you know for sure.

[quote name='4tygames']Try using legal size paper (8.5" by 14") to print covers out on The Cover Project[/QUOTE]

We had a few reams of A4 sized paper, but the problem lies with my printer. It won't recognize anything bigger than 8.5" x 11".

I actually had a question related to printing cover art, so this might be the best place to ask it. If it's a taboo subject though mods feel free to do your thing:

What is the best paper to use when making a copy of cover art? I ask because I am looking at possible ways to photocopy some UPC codes. I'm needing them to send in for rebates but I was hoping I could avoid having to cut up my cover art, ultimately if it's frowned upon I'll just bite the bullet though.

When I was printing out DS case sized insert for my GBA collection at a local copy shop, the printing costs were around 0.45/page + paper costs ~= 0.55/page (glossy paper costs extra).

I did have to convince the copy worker that it was okay to print the game covers for personal use (I own all the games!). She gave me some trouble since they were "copyrighted".

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']No problem, I'm always willing to help out.

ff.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOL that's ghetto :lol:

I just print them at the office. Super deluxe Xerox mega industrial uber color printer FTW...

BTW, can anyone recommend a site with cart label scans? I've got a ton of Sega Genesis carts with awful looking labels that I would love to replace. thecoverproject.net mentions how to print/laminate them, but it doesn't have images of them or mention where to get them from what I've read. Thanks in advance!

bread's done
Back