Help with the making of my gaming center

DarkKnightCecil

CAGiversary!
The main thing I'm having a problem with right now is should I go for the gaming systems (ie 360 and PS3 sicne I already have a Wii) or should I go for the center itself (ie new HDTV and new center structure) first? I've thought of the pros and cons of both but perhaps you'll know better than I.

Thanks in advance.

I'd go for the TV myself personally and then the PS3 and/or 360 because with those consoles you definitely want to have an HDTV to play them on.

i agree with whoknows, i would start with the tv. that is where you'll spend most of your time anyways. so spend the most on the best (if you can) hdtv. i didnt have one when i put together my entertainment center and the tv just looked like it was out of place.

I disagree with the others- I'd go for the console first. The consoles are generally going to stay the same price, but HDTVs are just going to keep dropping in price.

Yeah I would definately go console first because if it's a gaming center, then why are people going to come if you have TV's but no consoles? I would probably get the 360 before the PS3 mainly because the library is larger on the 360, unless you have a big PS2 catalog and can get the 60 GB PS3 somehow.

If you have the scratch for a $1000+ tv, then getting a 360 or a ps3 to go with it shouldnt be that hard. If that extra $400 or so is really gonna break you, then maybe you should rethink the entire plan.

I play my 360 on my pc moniter cos I can afford the tv that I want. I'd like a ps3, but Im not even going to consider it until I have the tv.

Well the TV i'm going to buy is a Poloroid one I saw on Wal-Mart.com that got soem pretty good reviews. It;s 19" and about $280. The shelf I'm buying is about $120 and has enough space for a TV 27" or smaller and enough room to store all my gaming consoles and games plus a little compartment I plan on putting my DS stuff into.

I might go get the consoles first because I'm not 100% sure when my brother moves out and I get my own room and I don't think the shelf will fit in my room I share right now and there isn't enough room for a 19" TV on my shelf in my current room (unless I put it on the wall but I don't think the component cables can effectively fit under a TV on the wall.

bread's done
Back