Hey Dads, buy 2 boxes of Pampers get $20 gc comine w/game deal today only TRU

havok019

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
A little convoluted but it works like this. Buy 2 boxes of Pampers diapers between 12-4 p.m. today and receive a $20 gift card. You're going to buy the diapers anyways so you might as well put the $20 gc toward a game.

TRU is also offering $10 off games that are $39.99 today as posted in other thread.

So:
$39.99 game
-$20.00 gc
-$10.00 instant

= $39.99 game for $9.99 + tax.

Yes, I know this isn't for everybody but for the gamer parents out there, it ends up being a good game at a good price. If you're buying the diapers anyways (2 boxes will be $80ish?), might as well get a game out of it.

http://view.ed4.net/v/E7V09E/6QVO5/...128527374&csc=749023&csa=128004414&csu=749283

Listed online, unsure B&M:

Dragons Age Awakenings is $39.99
Saboteur
GTA: Liberty City
NBA 2K10
Beatles
Dark Void
Ultimate Alliance 2
Some others.

Not sure if this will work on $39.99+ games or just at this price point. (Edit -- Looks like it works on the higher priced games as well). Haven't read the other thread on the $10 off $39 deal. Anyways, my baby girl isn't going to be out of diapers anytime soon. I'm picking up the Saboteur today.

Edit again -- Just read some more on the $10 off $39 thread. You need a coupon. Here's a link
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/med...128848472&csc=750872&csa=128843142&csu=752814

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if diaper GC is different from the game promotion GCs. but the GCs require 6 hrs after activation before it becomes available for use... just gotta make sure ppl are aware of that

[quote name='Sway42']but i am not even a dad op

where is the deal op?[/QUOTE]

I suppose you can't read and comprehend then, "newbie" and what are tru prices on these diapers anyways as in what price range are they?

[quote name='intoxicated662']I suppose you can't read and comprehend then, "newbie" and what are tru prices on these diapers anyways as in what price range are they?[/QUOTE]

Seems like a lot lately fail to read entire posts.

Anyway this is a great deal for moms and dads with babies. Too bad I dont have kids or id be all over it.

"I suppose you can't read and comprehend then, "CAGiversary!" that i am not a dad, right?

"Seems like a lot lately fail to read entire posts."

i really cant wait to reach veteran and become an elitist bastard in this site.

Babies R Us has pretty good prices on these diapers, If i read the ad correctly the $20 GC may be all day, the 12-4 thing appears to be a 'demo and giveaway' period on the "drymax" technology in the diapers...

FYI: have one kid out of diapers and one that's turning 2. Pampers have been our diaper of choice the whole time, I recommend them if anyone is in doubt of which to buy. Others may be cheaper per diaper (store brands), but the 'value' here is that these things just don't leak, so if you happen to let your kid go a bit too long your stuff isn't goign to get wrecked.

[quote name='Sway42']but i am not even a dad op

where is the deal op?[/QUOTE]
:applause: That was very beneficial to this thread. We are sorry to hear you are not yet a father, and thus this deal doesn't apply specifically to you.

[quote name='Sway42']"I suppose you can't read and comprehend then, "CAGiversary!" that i am not a dad, right?

"Seems like a lot lately fail to read entire posts."

i really cant wait to reach veteran and become an elitist bastard in this site.[/QUOTE]

It's really more that you just joined the site AND you don't read.
People would be just as harsh to a vet who didn't read but would probably point out that he should know better since he's a vet.

Shit this is a good deal just for the pampers. I just got a box the other day and Im trying to get my kid off pampers so the optimist thinks buying another two boxes would be overkill. I always get their jumbo box which is like 41 bucks. If you use your rewards card the tenth box is free too.

[quote name='hernando57']But I don't even play games op.

Where is the deal op?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']:applause: That was very beneficial to this thread. We are sorry to hear you are not yet a father, and thus this deal doesn't apply specifically to you.[/QUOTE]

lol.

here let me spoil it for the rest of you who think i did not read.
i made a joke and two people here had a damn sense of humor

[quote name='Sway42']lol.

here let me spoil it for the rest of you who think i did not read.
i made a joke and two people here had a damn sense of humor
[/QUOTE]
It was no where close to being funny. Thats probably why no one but you thought it was a joke...

I have (female opinion) found that pampers leak on girls and huggies leak on boys... my daughter leaked everywhere in pampers my nephew leaked in huggies.

[quote name='Sway42']i really cant wait to reach veteran and become an elitist bastard in this site.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you obviously don't need to reach veteran. :roll:

[quote name='auralia']I have (female opinion) found that pampers leak on girls and huggies leak on boys... my daughter leaked everywhere in pampers my nephew leaked in huggies.[/QUOTE]

It was the same thing with mine and my wife's daughter, but our son is fine with Pampers. I will definatly check this out.

I dont notice a problem with leakage with my son in either Huggies or Pampers. I *do* think that Pampers' wipes suck though. We pretty much only use Huggies Wipes. Much like GeorgeC though, we are trying to potty train our 16mo old. OTOH, we have twin boys coming in a few months so I'm sure any diapers will get used at some point. Now, what game to buy....

[quote name='scarclone']Thanks man. I just need to convince the wife to let me use the gc for a game.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was just trying to figure that out myself.

Just a heads up! This may be a ymmv. The add for the diapers says at the bottom that the gift card excludes video games, accessories, and consoles. Not sure how they can enforce this, but just wanted to let everyone know if you try the deal. Good deal otherwhise!

Thanks OP, we have a two year old and another one on the way, so we might just take advantage of this. I have a feeling my wife is gonna hijack the GC for her own nefarious purposes though.

[quote name='scarclone']Thanks man. I just need to convince the wife to let me use the gc for a game.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, no way that will fly here, when we can turn around and use the gift card on more diapers. But this is a hot deal for diapers, so I'm going to try to get there today to take advantage. We are a Pampers household through and through, haven't tried these new ones with Dry Max yet.

[quote name='jester55']Just a heads up! This may be a ymmv. The add for the diapers says at the bottom that the gift card excludes video games, accessories, and consoles. Not sure how they can enforce this, but just wanted to let everyone know if you try the deal. Good deal otherwhise![/QUOTE]

From the small print:
"*Quanties limited; no rain checks. Limit one per guest. Gift card valid on your next purchase. Offer valid 3/20/10 only. See back of card for Terms & Conditions.
**Excludes video game consoles/handhelds, software and accessories. "

The video game reference appears to be in reference to the ** above in the ad next to "free shipping on everything" (so free shipping will exclude consoles/handhelds, etc).

The * for the GC states there may be a limited quantity though. So go early.

EDIT: Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Hey Parents" instead of "Hey Dads?" I'm pretty sure we have some female CAGs :)

I was already going to pick some up today. I have twin 1.5 year old daughters and pampers is all that ever worked for us. They have super sensitive skin and they got diaper rashes within 12 hours of trying any other brands.

On a side note, check out picking up Princess and the Frog combo pack while you're in there. If you print out the Disney $10 off coupon and put $5 dollars down on Toy Story 1 and 2, you can walk out of the store with the Blu-ray for $6.99 + tax. That includes the 10 dollars you put down for the Toy Story movies. Basically they pay you a couple bucks to buy it if you are going to pick up the other movies anyway.

It's supposed to come out to 12.xx + tax but their registers are doing something weird and stacking the preorder bonuses. I can post my receipt if anyone actually cares.

[quote name='gpthree']It was no where close to being funny. Thats probably why no one but you thought it was a joke...[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly

I was just in Toys R Us. The deal already went live apparently. People were buying diapers like mad at mine.

edit: You do have to wait 6 hours for the gift card to activate.

[quote name='auralia']I have (female opinion) found that pampers leak on girls and huggies leak on boys... my daughter leaked everywhere in pampers my nephew leaked in huggies.[/QUOTE]I have actually foudn the oposite to be true, my son always leaks when he is in pampers, but huggies never leak with him. So I dunno

Not to TC... But I always found diapers at TRU to be expensive. Walmart is the same diaper, but a lot cheaper. Its a deal, but not anything special. You may want to check your local cheap store (walmart, Target, etc) and see it you are actually coming out ahead.

[quote name='AntiCommie']Not to TC... But I always found diapers at TRU to be expensive. Walmart is the same diaper, but a lot cheaper. Its a deal, but not anything special. You may want to check your local cheap store (walmart, Target, etc) and see it you are actually coming out ahead.[/QUOTE]

They are $1.50 cheaper at Wal-Mart. I know, that's where I always buy them. If you use this gift card to buy more diapers, you won't find a lower price anywhere.

Thanks for posting this OP as a father to be stocking up on diapers early is something me and the wife discussed. Perfect time to start. So what's this about not being able to use this on game software? Also if I have to wait 6 hours for the gc to activate it kinda kills the deal for me as I want to use the $10 off coupon. Was thinking of getting Bad Company 2.

Is this diapers only, or would the nightime pullups count?

Edit: seems as long as it comes in a value box and is made by Pampers, it'll work.

Probably not much of a deal for true CAGers. I would imagine most CAGer parents, myself included, know where to get much better deals on diapers that it negates the giftcard completely.

I'm not yet a mother or father myself, but I think I'm going to do this anyway and donate the diapers to a local shelter. I understand that by not doing this would be easier on my wallet, but at least I'll be helping someone out and I'll still end up with a receipt for a game that's $10.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Probably not much of a deal for true CAGers. I would imagine most CAGer parents, myself included, know where to get much better deals on diapers that it negates the giftcard completely.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to enlighten the rest of us then. I usually buy mine from Walmart. I've occasionally purchased from Diapers.com when they offer me sales and coupon stacking. Amazon has some decent deals when you use the 15% subscribe and save feature, but sometimes they jack their prices to the point where it isn't a deal. As far as I've found, ~ 40 for a huge pack is just the going rate for Pampers/Huggies.

If you have a better way to do it then any of the ways I listed above, I'd love to hear it since i have twins. I literally spend thousands on diapers a year.

This is great. Just went and picked up 2 cases for the new baby, in 6 hours I'll be back up there to pick up BFBC2 for $26.99 after $20 GC, $10 off 39.99 or more video game coupon, ansd a $3 off total purchase geoffrey club card. Thanks CAG!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']We buy all our diapers from Sams Club, seems that is the best place we've found for prices. (Yes I know, you need a membership though)[/QUOTE]
+1 the savings on items like this add up fast though and pay for the membership quickly.

As a side note Tru doesn't carry the extra dry cruisers dry max or whatever there called and that's the only diaper I buy my girl still in diapers. Once you try it out you'll probably never use another diaper again there that good lol. I can also usually buy two huge boxes for less than $80 as they accept coupons on them and offer there own in club coupons all the time.

[quote name='eldergamer']we use cloth diapers.. ;)[/QUOTE]
just switched over ourselves :D

i like pretending the thousands we will save means i can buy games, but that's a long shot

if we still used disposables, put me in the group who knows their wife would hijack the card. especially since i told my wife about this and she already knew

[quote name='Brother Daz']We buy all our diapers from Sams Club, seems that is the best place we've found for prices. (Yes I know, you need a membership though)[/QUOTE]

My Sam's Club prices are the exact same as Wal-Mart on their diapers. But they don't take coupons at my Sam's so it ends up being more there.

bread's done
Back