Hey OTT wanna play COD4 when I get my 360 back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='crystalklear64']Ladder Only Items
Ladder Only Runewords
Ladder Only Horadric Cube Recipes
You get ranked on a ladder
Stuff is worth more since the ladder hasn't been around that long (ie. you can get rich quick)
Fewer Duped Items (don't have to worry about your stuff disappearing if you trade)

There basically isn't any reason to choose non-ladder over ladder if you're just starting out and your friends aren't on non-ladder.[/QUOTE]

:O

Wish I'd known that before. Guess I'll join you guys then.

Should I make a Bonemancer or a Poisonmancer? Or something else?

Oh for fuck's sake!!!

I Dl'd a couple Who songs and I start up Rock Band...and the 360 locks after the "da-duh" sound after hitting start.

Tried it over and over and it locks at the same spot each time...

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Oh for fuck's sake!!!

I Dl'd a couple Who songs and I start up Rock Band...and the 360 locks after the "da-duh" sound after hitting start.

Tried it over and over and it locks at the same spot each time...[/QUOTE]

Well that cant be good.

[quote name='Chika']hi plume :wave: if it's any consolation, i'm too tired to play[/quote]

Hiya Girly-girl!

That's been me being exhausted too, of late. Been working a lot, and trying to get a lot of yard work done at home. I'm running on about 3 or 4 hrs (not in a row) of sleep a night.

Makes me miss my apnea...

[quote name='Liquid 2']:O

Wish I'd known that before. Guess I'll join you guys then.

Should I make a Bonemancer or a Poisonmancer? Or something else?[/QUOTE]
Depends on what you want to do.

I've played so much now that traditional characters are pretty much boring to me, so I try to find underused skills and work them into a viable build.

Poisonmancers are good for about 1 thing, and thats being bad. They are a joke for PvP, and there are so many poison immunes once you get to hell that being one means you'll need to rely heavily on either another skill or a mercenary.

That said, they are fun to play if you like a challenge.

As for the bonemancer, in the right hands, they are untouchable in pvp. In the wrong hands, they are still one of the top 3 pvp characters.

They aren't the strongest when it comes to pvm, but my friend who I play d2 with nightly (previous guild wars players like Kayden know him, Moxio might. Lord Melvin/Zinrae), and I'm sure you'll be meeting him as well, has been using a PnB (poison + bone) that uses one of the golems, the corpse explosion skill, and bone spear/bone spirit to great effect. And its funny to see the gigantic bloody mess he leaves behind once he through with an area.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Depends on what you want to do.

I've played so much now that traditional characters are pretty much boring to me, so I try to find underused skills and work them into a viable build.

Poisonmancers are good for about 1 thing, and thats being bad. They are a joke for PvP, and there are so many poison immunes once you get to hell that being one means you'll need to rely heavily on either another skill or a mercenary.

That said, they are fun to play if you like a challenge.

As for the bonemancer, in the right hands, they are untouchable in pvp. In the wrong hands, they are still one of the top 3 pvp characters.

They aren't the strongest when it comes to pvm, but my friend who I play d2 with nightly (previous guild wars players like Kayden know him, Moxio might. Lord Melvin/Zinrae), and I'm sure you'll be meeting him as well, has been using a PnB (poison + bone) that uses one of the golems, the corpse explosion skill, and bone spear/bone spirit to great effect. And its funny to see the gigantic bloody mess he leaves behind once he through with an area.[/QUOTE]
Alright, cool. No poisonmancer then.
Do people do a lot of PvP in ladder?

And is there a class/build that's good for starters but fun to play that you can recommend me?
I never really got too much into DII when I played in middle school; I never realized how deep it was.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']"Joni drums" is my on-stage name.[/quote]

like joni mitchell?

i use chika as my stage name. i like to keep it simple. that's just how i roll.

our band name is the windowlickers, however they won't let us on live with that name.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']that's what she said?[/quote]

You with the "that's what she said" and chika with the mom jokes. You guys were meant to be together. :headache:

[quote name='Chika']like joni mitchell?

i use chika as my stage name. i like to keep it simple. that's just how i roll.

our band name is the windowlickers, however they won't let us on live with that name.[/quote]

What's Frosty's? :whistle2:k

I'm lame. Named my band after my cat. "The Bedlam!" - exclamation mark included...

I'm about to delete my game saves and see if that helps...

I know this is terrible, but I had to laugh. ABC is doing some "investigative report" on kids with turrets(sp?) who are all going to this camp to treat it. The hilarious part was a group of kids arguing with each other because one of them told the others to stop making noise and such. They argued for about a minute and almost all of them had a tick or two during the argument. Lawl.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Alright, cool. No poisonmancer then.
Do people do a lot of PvP in ladder?

And is there a class/build that's good for starters but fun to play that you can recommend me?
I never really got too much into DII when I played in middle school; I never realized how deep it was.[/QUOTE]
PvP quickly becomes the main goal of many people Ladder and Non-Ladder alike. Once you beat the game on hell, the only things to do are start a new character, or fight others.

The time consuming part is finding the best stuff to kill other people with, or finding new stuff for your new characters, thinking maybe it'll be able to kill things better or faster than my last character.

As for a recommended character, any character that relies on skills more than gear is going to be more fun to play, unless you really like hack and slash mindless clicking (which I happen to, my favorite character is a zealot paladin).

A few characters that fit this description are:
Trap Assassin (top 10 pvp)
Pure Fire Sorceress (good for killing bosses, top 5 pvp)
Pure Lightning Sorceress (good for killing monsters for the new keys and pit runs)
Blizzard Sorceress (good for bosses/ancient tunnels)
An X/Frozen Orb Sorceress (good for a compromise vs. immune monsters)
PnB Necro (top 3 pvp)
Wind Druid (top 3 pvp)
Javazon (fastest boss killer)

and I really hate to say it

Hammerdin (best all around everything, top 5 pvp)

A fully geared hammerdin is the best possible character you can get from a "kill everything do everything" viewpoint.

However, that gear is not cheap and without it, the hammerdin is comprable to a weak sorc that cannot teleport, though nothing is immune to their damage.

Also, EVERYONE has a hammerdin, and I purposefully refrain from making one, simply because once I make a hammerdin, the game loses all point, as I can easily do anything, and as I think Kayden or Koggit said, then the game becomes little more than an inventory management simulator.

[quote name='lordwow']
graf.gif
[/quote]

:rofl:

Yeah, we hit nightmare.

Mox is starting a new ladder character though, and I'm going to join him now that I know more about ladder from talking to ck64 over the last page or two. I can't decide what class to use though. :(

[quote name='crystalklear64']PvP quickly becomes the main goal of many people Ladder and Non-Ladder alike. Once you beat the game on hell, the only things to do are start a new character, or fight others.

The time consuming part is finding the best stuff to kill other people with, or finding new stuff for your new characters, thinking maybe it'll be able to kill things better or faster than my last character.

As for a recommended character, any character that relies on skills more than gear is going to be more fun to play, unless you really like hack and slash mindless clicking (which I happen to, my favorite character is a zealot paladin).

A few characters that fit this description are:
Trap Assassin (top 10 pvp)
Pure Fire Sorceress (good for killing bosses, top 5 pvp)
Pure Lightning Sorceress (good for killing monsters for the new keys and pit runs)
Blizzard Sorceress (good for bosses/ancient tunnels)
An X/Frozen Orb Sorceress (good for a compromise vs. immune monsters)
PnB Necro (top 3 pvp)
Wind Druid (top 3 pvp)
Javazon (fastest boss killer)

and I really hate to say it

Hammerdin (best all around everything, top 5 pvp)

A fully geared hammerdin is the best possible character you can get from a "kill everything do everything" viewpoint.

However, that gear is not cheap and without it, the hammerdin is comprable to a weak sorc that cannot teleport, though nothing is immune to their damage.

Also, EVERYONE has a hammerdin, and I purposefully refrain from making one, simply because once I make a hammerdin, the game loses all point, as I can easily do anything, and as I think Kayden or Koggit said, then the game becomes little more than an inventory management simulator.[/QUOTE]

Wind druid sounds fun. I think I'll make that.

Wanna hook me up with some stuff? I can get on right now. :D
And what's your Bnet name?

Who wants to fight me with plastic instruments in real life?

JimboXXXL? You up to get squashed in front of Blockbuster, mayne?

That shit looks good Zuniga.

Whenever yall $$$$as are ready to roll, just hit me up on AIM. Going to eat a sandwich and watch some Boondocks after the Office until we are ready.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Wind druid sounds fun. I think I'll make that.

Wanna hook me up with some stuff? I can get on right now. :D
And what's your Bnet name?[/QUOTE]
Don't know if I have all that much stuff, but what I have you can get. One of the main advantages is that I have multiple level 75+ characters to help you guys get back to where you were within a short amount of time.

Bnet names are, crystalklear64 and raven64

crystalklear64 being my main, raven64 being my mule account.

[quote name='DT778']Is that how the whole show is? Just quick recipes?[/QUOTE]

Not at all.

The show has a lot going on. First off it's a challenge where a group of family must cook three course for 50 strangers. The customers decide if they will pay for their food if they liked the dish. The group with the most paying customers wins at the end of the season (130/150 customers or whatever the highest is).

The recipes are the things he makes the groups cook, so he teaches you how to cook them as well.

In between all this they'll have a celebrity cook off where a celebrity will make their signature dish and Gordon will try to make a similar dish and they have a blind taste test with 5 customers to see who had the better dish.

Plus, he'll raise livestock (each season it's different, season 3 was lamb, season 4 is cattle) he'll show you the whole process as the season progresses from their birth to Gordon raising them, up until he has them slaughtered to serve in his restaurant on the last episode.

And he'll show you how to hunt and catch fresh animals and you learn a lot of cool shit.

It's hard to explain everything, but it's a bad ass show.

Cool, I'll add you then.

And reading up on the windy druid, it seems hella weak for a LONG time before getting good. I think I'll just do bonemancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back