HH GREGG Video Game Clearance YMMV

cody215

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Found a couple games while i was in HH Gregg.

ALL GAMES ARE $4.95!

Games I Saw...

Skyrim (Ps3) $15 Trade-in Gamestop
Little Big Planet 2 (Ps3) $2 Trade-in Gamestop
Dead Space 2 Limited Editon (Ps3)
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Xbox360)

Worth a look as you may find more than listed!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guessed']Thanks, joaryche, I was going to try to check that one after work (although I feel like I checked it years ago when I think they stopped selling games before), so you saved me the trip. I wasn't expecting to have any luck anyway.[/QUOTE]

Dont bother coming up to Rivergate either. Unless you want Homefront. They had 2 left.

Anyone check out the one in Wilmington, DE? I might check after work since those Skyrim prices are redonk.

Edit: Nevermind. Called the store and the guy said they had a couple of Xbox games. He named Brink and Virtua Fighter, no go on Skyrim. Not gonna waste my time.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']ooh. I will check the one at southpoint

update: nothing in Durham, not even a game section[/QUOTE]

Did you ask the employees? Every store I went to today had games in incredibly random and different locations. Two had them in tiny cases hidden on aisles and the other two had them in small cardboard dump bins scattered around the store.

An employee at the Cary store mentioned they had Black Ops II last night for $4.95. I can not confirm this, as I didn't see it at any of the stores I went to.

:3ds:[quote name='paynekiller']hmmm... I'll check this Ft Lauderdale store later. I never wanted to get sucked in to skyrim, but for $5 i guess..[/QUOTE]

The Plantation store is empty too.

[quote name='Doomstink']Did you ask the employees? Every store I went to today had games in incredibly random and different locations. Two had them in tiny cases hidden on aisles and the other two had them in small cardboard dump bins scattered around the store.

An employee at the Cary store mentioned they had Black Ops II last night for $4.95. I can not confirm this, as I didn't see it at any of the stores I went to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I asked one; he said they just carried consoles.

[quote name='FFWRX']Dont bother coming up to Rivergate either. Unless you want Homefront. They had 2 left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Homefront isn't a game I'd pay $5 for, and I won't be in the Rivergate area any time soon anyway. My daughter's daycare is in cool springs, so it wouldn't have been very difficult to check there, but kinda glad I can avoid it.

That just leaves 100 Oaks and Mt. Juliet, neither of which I'd get to before the weekend, so even if they have something, it'll be long gone.

[quote name='kilik64']Live right down the road from one, will go check it out after the Chelsea match.

Go blues![/QUOTE]
Go blues! (for Arsenal's purposes)

[quote name='RockoMan']:3ds:

The Plantation store is empty too.[/QUOTE]

Well, by Ft Lauderdale I meant the one by Sawgrass. Is this the one you mean by Plantation? I really don't know of any other locations, thats the only one I thought was in Broward.
I just got Skyrim (PS3) for the $5 from there, the employees had no idea about them. I believe it was the last copy for PS3, but there's about 3 for xbox, and I saw LBP2 and Dead Space 2 as well. I feel like clearing the rest of the shelf out for my own selfish reasons, but I'm a nice guy unfortunately.

Just so you know, these guys didn't know they sold games, so if you call them they'll probably tell you that. If the store isn't far and you really want one of the games mentioned you should just go there and check it out yourself.
Where I found them is locked up in a glass case in the aisle with Bluray players etc.

When I lived in Georgia the one by my work was awesome for clearance stuff. I was constantly finding good stuff (250GB 360 hard drive for 9.99, bluetooths for 4.99, a 360 wired controller for 5.99, lots of cheap games). The one here in Illinois though has no games, only systems.

[quote name='mpaullin']Anyone check out the one in Wilmington, DE? I might check after work since those Skyrim prices are redonk.

Edit: Nevermind. Called the store and the guy said they had a couple of Xbox games. He named Brink and Virtua Fighter, no go on Skyrim. Not gonna waste my time.[/QUOTE]

Well you just saved me two hours. :applause:

Are the items marked?

EDIT - Fayetteville, NC has three Epic Yarn and one LBP2 Collector's Edition. No signage. Nothing for me so didn't bother asking.

[quote name='hoofrog']Are the items marked?[/QUOTE]

I saw the LBP2 marked for $24.99. But the rest weren't. They'll still have to scan it to get the prices, so its more than likely the same prices at every store.

I called both Knoxville, TN stores and they said they don't carry games. Can anyone confirm?

Is there any way to tell if a store carries games without calling? Game stock doesn't show online, at least for the only store near me.

Looks like the store in Morrow, GA JUST closed as they were beginning demo. Anyone find anything local, let me know. Also, would be willing to reimburse cost plus an extra $5 for anyone that gets an extra Skyrim for 360 that would be kind enough to send it my way. Thanks!

Heads up: Two guys in Chicago are now driving from HH Gregg to HH Gregg looking for Skyrim and Mario Sports Mix, while leaving LBP2, Brink, and Virtua Fighter alone. Two different stores said the dudes said they were stocking up for their eBay store.

Lol.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Heads up: Two guys in Chicago are now driving from HH Gregg to HH Gregg looking for Skyrim and Mario Sports Mix, while leaving LBP2, Brink, and Virtua Fighter alone. Two different stores said the dudes said they were stocking up for their eBay store.

Lol.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the profit...
$6 after tax for Skyrim
$15~ after selling on Ebay, paying for shipping, Ebay, and Paypal.
$50 in gas, driving to the four 'local' stores.

They'd have to find like...16 copies of Skyrim to make it worth their while...and that's a lot of fucking luck in their search, selling, and shipping. Idiots.

[quote name='thehoweller']I don't see the profit...
$6 after tax for Skyrim
$15~ after selling on Ebay, paying for shipping, Ebay, and Paypal.
$50 in gas, driving to the four 'local' stores.

They'd have to find like...16 copies of Skyrim to make it worth their while...and that's a lot of fucking luck in their search, selling, and shipping. Idiots.[/QUOTE]

Mario Sports Mix is selling for $40 - $50, though. If they find a few of those and a few Skyrim, it sure as hell beats minimum wage.

[quote name='rlse9']An HHGregg opened up in the mall here. I was excited, figured more competition is always good. But the geniuses who opened the store decided to put a store in the mall that you can't actually access from within the mall, only from the outside entrance. What's the point? Only thing I've ever bought there was a GPS on Black Friday. Looked at TVs there when we were looking for a new one but their prices were high and I just don't see why anyone would shop there instead of Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Usually, the price match plus a percentage off. Their salespeople are on commission, so if you like to haggle, you might like to shop there.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Heads up: Two guys in Chicago are now driving from HH Gregg to HH Gregg looking for Skyrim and Mario Sports Mix, while leaving LBP2, Brink, and Virtua Fighter alone. Two different stores said the dudes said they were stocking up for their eBay store.

Lol.[/QUOTE]

They won't find anything in Arlington Heights, IL. That's the store I hit at 10 this morning.

[quote name='doc_j88']Me and a fellow local CAG checked out the Greensboro HHgregg

No games only accessories

Came on lunch break amped to get a cheap skyrim

Going back to work empty handed and hungry[/QUOTE]

Should have hit up the Chipotle around the corner.

If anyone snags an extra copy of Skyrim PS3 I'd be more than happy to pay cost, shipping and a little extra for gas/trouble

I also have a pretty diverse collection of games and maybe we could do a cheap trade. PM Me!

Was only Black Ops 1 at the one I was at.

Hope those guys driving around the Chicago area waste their time going to it, heh.

[quote name='alfaflyt']Yeah nothing at the Greensboro location, but was nice to meet a CAG in my area.[/QUOTE]

So you guys are always the ones beating me to all the good deals in the area! ;)

Thanks for the heads up. It kept me from wasting a lunch break going over there tomorrow.

I can say from working at Gregg's, good luck trying to find games. All we have is tvs and appliances. Commission sales is a bitch and we get bitches at hardcore if we are not in a ten food radiance of our marks. Mostly for two reasons people steal a lot at our stores and to keep the other minions away.

Found a Black Ops 1 (360) and LBP2 in Naperville, IL. Downer's Grove (this morning) had Brink and Skyrim (called them--not sure which system). Joliet had a copy of Brink. And no, I'm not the guy cruising Chicagoland for Skyrim and Mario.

Saw LBP PS3, Nintendogs French Bulldog 3DS, Nintendogs Golden Retriever 3DS, Hot Shots Golf Vita, Modnation Vita, and some other Vita game all $4.9x each.

Bought Dance Central 1 for $4.9x.

16GB Vita card - $25

8GB Vita Card - $7

4GB Vita Card - $5

Going to go check this out tomorrow. I needed to go anyway, they still had gears controllers and of course mines messing up, so hoping they still have them since nowhere else has recently.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Don't suppose anyone that got Skyrim, DS2, or anything else can post a scan of their receipt? Wanna give a PM a shot >_>[/QUOTE]
That probably won't work at best buy. When I found my silver at target for 11.98 I tried pming and it didn't work.

[quote name='troy2007']Found a Black Ops 1 (360) and LBP2 in Naperville, IL. Downer's Grove (this morning) had Brink and Skyrim (called them--not sure which system). Joliet had a copy of Brink. And no, I'm not the guy cruising Chicagoland for Skyrim and Mario.[/QUOTE]

Lmao at Joliet having 1 copy of Brink and that's it. Guess I won't check there for Mario Sports Mix or vita memory cards.

[quote name='breakfuss']lolhhgregg...

if you step foot in there, prepare to be harassed by their minions. commission must be a bitch.[/QUOTE]The one I went into had all of htem watching a movie on the big screen. Store was dead but 4-6 employees around. When they knew I wasn't getting anything high end no problems.

[quote name='peregrine879']I can say from working at Gregg's, good luck trying to find games. All we have is tvs and appliances. Commission sales is a bitch and we get bitches at hardcore if we are not in a ten food radiance of our marks. Mostly for two reasons people steal a lot at our stores and to keep the other minions away.[/QUOTE]steal? with the foot traffic I see in the stores that I delivery to and around don't see how a person would get away with anything in there.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Don't suppose anyone that got Skyrim, DS2, or anything else can post a scan of their receipt? Wanna give a PM a shot >_>[/QUOTE]There receipts looks like huge invoices 2 pages & they make you sign a copy. They also ask for your name/phone/address/email

[quote name='Deader2818']Has anyone checked any of the stores in NJ?[/QUOTE]Princeton NJ had 2 Forza 3 w/o barcodes(no resale LOL), 2 Dance somethings too. Skyrim, Mario, Dead Space, all gone

[quote name='hoofrog']Are the items marked?

EDIT - Fayetteville, NC has three Epic Yarn and one LBP2 Collector's Edition. No signage. Nothing for me so didn't bother asking.[/QUOTE]
Did they have any Vita stuff?

[quote name='spatenfloot']Did they have any Vita stuff?[/QUOTE]

Games? No. Literally just what I mentioned. I noticed some Wii accessories, and maybe as third party 360 controller. I was pretty much in and out trying to avoid traffic on Skibo.

hitting the fort wayne up today..wont be able to report till tonight

I DOUBT I FIND ANYTHING

EDIT DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR GAS

NO GAME NO SALES on vita cards

[quote name='troy2007']Found a Black Ops 1 (360) and LBP2 in Naperville, IL. Downer's Grove (this morning) had Brink and Skyrim (called them--not sure which system). Joliet had a copy of Brink. And no, I'm not the guy cruising Chicagoland for Skyrim and Mario.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find any games at the Naperville location. Not a big fan of the store

Went to the local HH Gregg store last night just to see if they had anything. I've only been in this store maybe 3x prior since it opened like 8 years ago.

Within mere seconds of walking into the door I noticed an employee beelining straight for me....I walked at an angle to try to put distance between me and him and began to look at something....he pops out from behind a display asking if I needed help.

I asked if him if they carried any video games and he was like "what? no! this is not a video game store....we carry high end electronics and appliances" I said well I read online some HH Gregg's carried video games and were being clearanced out so I thought I'd check. Left immediately after.

Ambushing customers imo is NOT a good way to do business. I don't care if you work on commission or not. Let me browse on my own for a bit and wait for me to either ASK for help or look puzzled and NEEDING help. After that experience I don't anticipate going back there ever again.

My store did not have any video games either. I had seen them in the store probably 6 months or so ago I guess they sold them all or shipped them to another location.

HHGregg is a good store if you are looking for a Dishwasher, Washing Machine, or Fridge. I find they have more selection in appliances than most places. Also since they are paid commission it's good to get the price of a tv at Best Buy and then tell HHGregg give me $50 to $100 off the Best Buy price. :)

bread's done
Back