HH GREGG Video Game Clearance YMMV

cody215

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Found a couple games while i was in HH Gregg.

ALL GAMES ARE $4.95!

Games I Saw...

Skyrim (Ps3) $15 Trade-in Gamestop
Little Big Planet 2 (Ps3) $2 Trade-in Gamestop
Dead Space 2 Limited Editon (Ps3)
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Xbox360)

Worth a look as you may find more than listed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked with my friend that works at the Concord, NC location. Apparently this has been going on since last year, so I am guessing a lot of locations that don't have games sold out of them a long time ago. Bummer. :(

Yesterday was my first time going to hhgregg stores. Went to 3 of them. I didn't experience any of that follow around stuff some of you mentioned.

1 thing I found weird. At the store with the garbage games, a guy looked over at someone with a weird look. Sort of a 'did I pass or fail look' as I was walking out with nothing.

[quote name='Enuf']
There receipts looks like huge invoices 2 pages & they make you sign a copy. They also ask for your name/phone/address/email[/QUOTE]

While the receipt is huge, I didn't do all that. Paid, got bag and sheet of paper(receipt), and left.

Five HHGreggs in the Columbus area.

Checked out the two I was near for lunch. Nothing at the Easton one, and 2 just MvC3 vanillas at the Sawmill one. Luckily there was a Cane's by the Sawmill one and I "needed" fried chicken.

I had a Bluetooth headset on the entire time and I never got hassled. (I wore it exactly for that purpose.)

Just went to my local store in IL and there were no games.

I asked an employee and he said that someone told everyone that all games were $5. Some horder bought all of the stores games yesterday!

[quote name='paulwekiva']So basically this is the first and last HH Gregg deal ever?[/QUOTE]
h.h. gregg hasn't made noise (on the video game side) since the PS3 weekly ad misprint in 2010. They had the 160GB slim listed for $199.99. Most stores honored it and a bunch of people price matched at BB, Walmart, etc. I ended up getting mine for $100. Read the spoiler below if interested.
I was stupid (or was I) and waited until later in the week to try my luck. By then, h.h. gregg decided to honor the price, but only after a $100 "rebate". Actually a $100 h.h. gregg gift card. I went that route after several unsuccessful PM attempts at other retailers. After not receiving the rebate after more than 2 months, I contacted the store who then contacted corporate/rebate center or whoever. Got a call back from the store manager who said just come back in for a $100 credit back to my CC. Sweet, a $200 PS3 with no GC to try and use later. Well, wouldn't you know it, about 2 weeks later guess what shows up in the mail? Yes, the $100 GC. I must have had that GC in my wallet for 6+ months until I decided to PM an HDTV with BB's "special sale" (read clearance) price. IIRC, a 42" 720p Panasonic for $299 (2011 prices mind you) after GC. I wasn't too pleased with the TV so I returned it. Which was a long experience since h.h. gregg sets the TV up and thoroughly checks everything before OK'ing the return. I'm not sure if this is there policy or the CS rep was on something, but he returned the full amount (including the $100 paid with the GC) to my CC. So basically a brand new PS3 for $100.

[quote name='ferris182']Just went to my local store in IL and there were no games.

I asked an employee and he said that someone told everyone that all games were $5. Some horder bought all of the stores games yesterday![/QUOTE]

Which store in IL?

I went to my local HH Gregg in Palm Bay, Florida and there was absolutely nothing there but accesories. One guy came up to me asked me if i need help, told him i was looking for video games and he quickly told me there was much and walked back over to his pile of coworkers

Don't bother with Vernon Hills, IL
5tyl9h.jpg

At some of the stores I went to, the games were nowhere near the accessories. Are all of you that are reporting no games taking the time to search for clearance dump bins or the little glass cases they store games in? The case they keep games in is like one foot tall by two feet wide. It's really easy to miss since it is usually right on the floor.

The talk of this going on for a year isn't true - at least in the store I went to. They pretty much all told me these just got marked down this week.

Thanks op, was able to find Skyrim at Hickory, NC store. There was one copy (PS3) left, but one associate was interested in it after seeing the price, so it may be gone now.

[quote name='NzumbeKiller']just vita memory cards here in Ohio: beavercreek, dayton mall, and bridgewater locations.[/QUOTE]

Saved me a trip :D

I took a 10min detour after work and picked up 2 copies of Skyrim (one of each platform), Kinect Sports Season Two, and LBP2. I left behind Black Ops w/ DLC (360), Dead Space 2(PS3), and Brink (360). I remember seeing 3 Vita games but I forgot to check what they were.

I was lucky the manager wasn't greedy and didn't keep them for himself. He knew they rang up at $4.95 but he said he already had most of the games already.

[quote name='bfett9']Don't bother with Vernon Hills, IL
5tyl9h.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You saved me a trip tomorrow. I did well at the Arlington Heights store, though. ;)

Don't know if its been mentioned yet, but they have Tritton Detonators marked down to $35.95 (regularly $79.99) with free shipping. Pretty good deal if anyone is looking for a decent headset.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']You saved me a trip tomorrow. I did well at the Arlington Heights store, though. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha 2 close cags, now if only I can get word from one of you about the one in Gurnee, you know. :lol:

[quote name='Doomstink']Mario Sports Mix is selling for $40 - $50, though. If they find a few of those and a few Skyrim, it sure as hell beats minimum wage.[/QUOTE]

wow, it beats minimum wage. living the life, those game flippers.

and reading this thread, it suddenly makes sense why all the places in the north/northwest burbs that I used to buy games at don't have shit anymore. please get real jobs and become real people. thx

[quote name='Seraphinianus']wow, it beats minimum wage. living the life, those game flippers.

and reading this thread, it suddenly makes sense why all the places in the north/northwest burbs that I used to buy games at don't have shit anymore. please get real jobs and become real people. thx[/QUOTE]

They are just being American, lol.

So tempted to hit the last stores, but they are so dang far out! :whistle2:k

[quote name='bfett9']Don't bother with Vernon Hills, IL
5tyl9h.jpg
[/QUOTE]

All 3 of the stores I went to had this section at the end of an aisle, even the 1 with no games. The other 2, 1 had a glass end cap of games and the other had a table.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']wow, it beats minimum wage. living the life, those game flippers.

and reading this thread, it suddenly makes sense why all the places in the north/northwest burbs that I used to buy games at don't have shit anymore. please get real jobs and become real people. thx[/QUOTE]

Speaking of minimum wage, what do these guys at HH GREGG make? Comission means how much plus min wage? I mean if the stores are always empty, does that mean wages similiar to waiters where It's tip + a set pay?

[quote name='Deader2818']They are just being American, lol.[/QUOTE]

true, they don't seem to have a sense of shame.

the worst part is how dumb these people are. cash converters (or w/e its called now) used to have good games all the time. It was golden, I'd find something great every time-- Brigandine, sealed Ehrgeiz, Suikoden II, 1st party nintendo games for all systems, all kinds of great stuff. This went on for years! Then a few times I went in there, these dumb asses would go in and ask for PS1 RPGs and crap like that specifically to the clerk without even looking in the damn case. Next thing I knew, Baldur's Gate II was $40 and now they don't even sell the good stuff in store anymore, they just put it online. Way to blow up your scam and my game collecting. Now none of us gets anything and CC only has sports games and the same damn retro games they've had in stock for the past two years.

Thankfully these people can't afford to live in the city, so I can actually find games in stock that aren't bought up immediately for a $5 ebay profit.

Such a thoughtful post, written from your mom's spare bedroom. Did she bring you cookies and milk and then help you with the context and spelling?

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Such a thoughtful post, written from your mom's spare bedroom. Did she bring you cookies and milk and then help you with the context and spelling?[/QUOTE]

Way to fan the flames. Was that really necessary?

3 hours of driving around, maybe $20 in gas, and they come out with $500 in games? Take out fees and shipping and now they're down to $400, subtract the gas - $380. Divide that by two people and they both made $190 in three hours doing very little work. It doesn't just beat minimum wage, it beats most jobs period. I'm not arguing that it's a solid way to make a living, I'm just evaluating this strictly from a viewpoint of 3 hours of this versus 3 hours of a real job.

Swung by my store Weds. after work. The guy said someone had been by earlier and bought about half of what they had, but I still managed to grab a copy of Skyrim (ps3), Mario Sports Mix & Kirby's Epic Yarn. Kept KEY for my collection and traded the other 2 into GS for $37.80 after bonuses. I'm good with that. :)

No deal is sweet enough to enter that store. They had a sub on sale about a year ago, and after the customer service rape that I experienced that day, I vowed to never go back.

There are 2 stores near to where I live. Both of them had no games :cry:. One had like game cards and a few accessories, that's it. In SE WI.

[quote name='Caesarjoshio']No. Really. Who goes there? Were you trying to buy a portable CD player and you came upon these?[/QUOTE]

I have to say when I went in there to get my games, the store looks awesome. Well-lit, set up very nicely, just the right amount of open floor space.

Such a shame they do commission and apparently ruin the shopping experience for so many people. Did they learn nothing from Circuit City?

[quote name='Caesarjoshio']No. Really. Who goes there? Were you trying to buy a portable CD player and you came upon these?[/QUOTE]

Your second post. Congrats.

You must really hate this store to have your second post since 2008 about them.

That was my first time ever going there, the other day.

Walked into hhgregg in a Middle TN store, didn't get hounded for long, guy was cool and just asked if I was looking for anything and then I asked right away if they had any video games, he said they didn't have any for a while. I look around a little and before I go only see some game controllers and I think maybe a kinect that he didn't mention, nothing was on sale though. So who knows may go on sale sometime for all I know but I really never go to hhgregg for anything.

Stopped in tonight expecting everything to be gone but surprisingly found Kinect Sports: Season 2 and Hot Shots Golf Vita ... one of each. Not bad, not bad.

This was Bruce B Downs Tampa, Fl location for anyone keeping score.

I always hated the name of this store. Seriously, it looks like somebody slammed their face on a keyboard and that's what they went with.

[quote name='Markew001']Stopped in tonight expecting everything to be gone but surprisingly found Kinect Sports: Season 2 and Hot Shots Golf Vita ... one of each. Not bad, not bad.

This was Bruce B Downs Tampa, Fl location for anyone keeping score.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I live only a few minutes from there, might swing by. I like when people post the location, much more helpful.

[quote name='YouGonnaEatThat']Thanks, I live only a few minutes from there, might swing by. I like when people post the location, much more helpful.[/QUOTE]

That was all they had so I wouldn't bother unless you want a full priced Move Bundle or a Kinect! Sorry!

All video games/accessories at my local HH Gregg were retail. No thanks. I'll walk to Best Buy and get a better deal on everything.

It looks like my HH Gregg only carries hardware so no cheap games for me. The store is pretty new and the setup looked nice. No one asked me if I needed help until I approached them which was fine.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Ironically, our HH Gregg went in to the same retail space that used to house Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

come to think of it, same with the niles, il location. eerie.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I always hated the name of this store. Seriously, it looks like somebody slammed their face on a keyboard and that's what they went with.[/QUOTE]

Just for fun, try pronouncing it "Huh Huh Greguhguh". I think it's fun.

lol @ customer service rape. Every time I walk into HH Gregg, at least the one that I'm familiar w/ in Wilmington, DE, I get a sick feeling in my stomach. Immediately walking through the door, you'll see about 6 associates standing there looking right at you, waiting to see which direction you look or move to determine who's going in for the kill.

I used to work at a chain called Nobody Beats the WIZ that was based out of the NY metro area. Same philosophy, same result where many customers just say hell with this and eventually leave. Times have changed... people have become more impatient...people also research on the internet and don't base their info on what a guy that makes $9/hr + commission tells them. I give HH Gregg 5 more years...

bread's done
Back