Hitman Absolution $10 + $1 reservation card @ Target YMMV

Liquid Metal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
was just at target and i overheard an employee saying that he bought Hitman Absolution for $10. That he had to preorder call of duty ghost and it took $10 off the price. All he paid is $11 and tax.

they didn't have any hitmans left but I did see a skylanders giants portal owners wii pack. It was on clearance for $30 so I took that and the call of duty ghost reserve card and instead of taking $10 off, it gave me a $5 gc.
i had a happy meal skylander $10 off manufacturer coupon and that also stacked. so i paid $20 and got a $5 gc for the portal owner wii pack.

i assume you could use this to get Injustice for $30 with a kmart price match. i tried to do that but i needed the physical ad since target does not match kmart online prices.

hope this is helpful to someone.

[quote name='Liquid Metal'] ......... but i needed the physical ad since target does not match kmart online prices.

hope this is helpful to someone.[/QUOTE]

Target did price match Kmart's online price for me when I bought Luigi's mansion on launch day. Not sure why they told you otherwise.

I did notice different CS reps go to different lenghts to verify prices. The guy at target who matched kmart's price just saw my phone. The lady at target who price matched Paper mario sticker star to best buy's $19.99 a month ago brought the store's own ipad to verify it herself apart from checking my phone.

At best buy a manager just checked my phone. Gamestop will only match print ads.

Wait, what's that about GS matching print ads?

And has anyone tried PMing Amazon's NCAA 13 price and the Ghosts preorder card to see if it drops to $10? (since Target has it for $60 before PM)

The target ad saids take 10 off when you preorder COD ghosts and purchase a game over 49.99. Not sure how he got Hitman for only 10 bucks when it is on sale for 19.99 this week. Maybe a glitch in the system. Can someone confirm?

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']Wait, what's that about GS matching print ads?

And has anyone tried PMing Amazon's NCAA 13 price and the Ghosts preorder card to see if it drops to $10? (since Target has it for $60 before PM)[/QUOTE]

I have asked several GS employees in different stores and they all said they will ONLY match print ads and no online prices from other web sites. Hope this helps.

[quote name='walls99']I have asked several GS employees in different stores and they all said they will ONLY match print ads and no online prices from other web sites. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Whattttt? Gamestop doesn't price match, lol.

Wouldn't be surprising - it's a common glitch at Target to assess promos based on original price instead of sale/clearance price. Good luck.

Yeah, GameStop does not price match. If there ever is a GameStop that does, they're doing it on their own accord and going against company policy.

[quote name='ThusSpokeZarathustra']I would actually shop at Gamestop a lot more if they price matched, but since they don't... I rarely go in there.[/QUOTE]

Who knows, maybe they will in the future. I doubt it means anything but they added the return option of "Competitor Pricing" into the system a while back. They're probably collecting data to see how many sales they're losing out on.

[quote name='walls99'] Gamestop will only match print ads.[/QUOTE]

GS does not PM. You're either spreading false information or this is a new change in policy.

[quote name='Byakurai']Just got this at Target about 10 minutes ago and I can confirm it works.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll stop on my way between jobs

I just left target 5 minutes ago and it worked. I don't know it matters, but I had them scan the card first and then the game. I didn't try with any other games, though.

This has happened before when they ran the B2G1 on games over $29.99. People including myself were able to get the promo on clearance games.

In any event, I knew I should have tried it out for Asura's Wrath on clearance for $14.97 the other day. :cry:

Another confirmation here, they scanned the game first then the card. BTW does anyone know if the reservation card is refundable? I got the it for the wrong console.

[quote name='Agadama']Another confirmation here, they scanned the game first then the card. BTW does anyone know if the reservation card refundable? I got the it for the wrong console.[/QUOTE]

Really the reservation card doesn't mean anything. My friend found one on the rack the day Tomb Raider was released. Didn't pay for it, gave it to the cashier and still got the $5 gift card without a problem. But to answer your question, yes it is refundable.

wish I'd seen this sooner, I bought the game online at $20 a couple of days ago... oh well, at least I got it for free with those coke rewards target gift cards I got earlier this week

[quote name='coopscohen']Really the reservation card doesn't mean anything. My friend found one on the rack the day Tomb Raider was released. Didn't pay for it, gave it to the cashier and still got the $5 gift card without a problem. But to answer your question, yes it is refundable.[/QUOTE]

I just looked at the receipt, it says the card has a refund value of $0.52 and the game's refund value is $10.47 before taxes. Not worth the hassle of returns, guess I'll eat the minor loss.

Thanks op. Not only did I automatically get $10 off $20 Hitman Absolution, they also did an override to give me a $10 gift card (no idea why). So I ended up getting Hitman for about $2 after taxes ^^

Thanks OP. Promo confused a few employees but they let it slide since the register automatically applied the discount.

I feel good that i was able to finally report a deal. all the deals cag has helped me out and now i got to repay the helpful people here.

I assume you can try and get the following deals

Skyward Sword $10 by price matching kmarts online price

Injustice $30 by price matching kmarts ad

any clearance game that might have been originally $49.99

Good luck to all. I'm gonna go try for a hitman myself. :D

I can report that I just purchased Hitman Absolution on Xbox 360 for $11.67 (this includes tax plus the $1.00 preorder cost of Call Of Duty Ghosts).

I attempted to purchase Dead Island GOTY along with placing an preorder for Call of Duty Ghosts and it did not take $10.00 off of the price. As everyone has stated the game you purchase has to have originally been $50.00 or greater.

so hitman must be a glitch since it's on sale for under 49.99? I guess today would be the day to get it before they fix it. I beat hitman and traded it. anyone know if the extra missions, whatever they're called, is worth buying the game again?

Anyone know if it'd work on arkham city? The website shows the price used to be 49.99. I'll give it a try if I make it out there. I'm still waiting on the professional edition to drop or the HD collection.

[quote name='walls99']Target did price match Kmart's online price for me when I bought Luigi's mansion on launch day. Not sure why they told you otherwise.

I did notice different CS reps go to different lenghts to verify prices. The guy at target who matched kmart's price just saw my phone. The lady at target who price matched Paper mario sticker star to best buy's $19.99 a month ago brought the store's own ipad to verify it herself apart from checking my phone.

At best buy a manager just checked my phone. Gamestop will only match print ads.[/QUOTE]

As I've said before, and will probably say again, these price/deal matching things are always YMMV! It all depends on how much the CS or managers that you're dealing with are willing to help you out, AND/OR how much (or how little) they are aware of their price/deal matching policies. These polices also temporarily change during the holiday season to be more accomodating to customers, and stores are generally looking to sell/liquidate more stuff at that time regardless.

One thing though... GameStop's OFFICIAL POLICY is NOT to price match. So if you actually got a GS rep to do it, then hat's off to you!

Worked for me as well! Thanks OP! Been in a stealth mood for awhile, and $11 is impossible to beat. Thanks again for the heads up!

[quote name='lilman']Thanks op. Not only did I automatically get $10 off $20 Hitman Absolution, they also did an override to give me a $10 gift card (no idea why). So I ended up getting Hitman for about $2 after taxes ^^[/QUOTE]

cool, would like to know how this works? what promo would the $10 gc fall under

Has anyone not been able to get this deal?

I'd hate wasting my time going in, getting someone to get the game out of the case, only to look stupid when I pass on it because it's the price it's supposed to be.

I saw someone mention the 360 version, but nobody has been specific about the PS3 version. I assume this works on both, but being a glitch, I just want to be sure. So... anyone get the PS3 version?

The promo is for the $10 off any game $49.99 or greater with $1 preorder card on same purchase, but it works automatically on Hitman ps3 or x360. Got one of each right now doesn't matter the order of ringing up

Stupid iPhone autocorrect

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='georgebot84']Are there any other games that we could take advantage of?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I picked up Hitman for 360 with this deal no problem. I'd totally be down to make a second trip though if someone could find another quality game that hits that magical $10 price point through this deal.

bread's done
Back