Hitman Blood Money demo

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was it just me, or is this demo not all that hot? I got a distinct "dumbed down" vibe from this demo - what was with all the text messages telling you exactly what to do, where to go, and who to kill? The whole appeal of the Hitman games is that it DOESN'T spoon feed you a linear sequence of events, you have to figure out what to do by yourself. There'd better be an option to turn that stuff off in the main game! I hope this isn't a move to make the game more appealing to 12 year olds who don't like the "boring" aspects of planning the hit and sneaking around. And I hope we don't get these "gangsta" guards in every level...does every damn game have to be thugged up these days?!
I also thought the graphics were a bit of a step down from previous games, I guess I will shell out the extra $10 for the 360 version after all.

in a recent interview with one of the guys from IO, they said that they tried to make it "less frustrating" meaning they hold your hand along the way...

[quote name='swetooth9']in a recent interview with one of the guys from IO, they said that they tried to make it "less frustrating" meaning they hold your hand along the way...[/QUOTE]

Sigh. That's a real shame if it has been neutered like this all the way through the game. As long as you can turn that crap off in the full game it should be ok, but I'm still concerned about the "gangsta" stuff that's creeping in. You can just picture a marketing meeting where the programmers were told to "make it more like Grand Theft Auto" :(

I thought the demo was alright. I'm not a big fan of the last one because of the unrealistic body physics and "loose" shooting controls. This one's pretty much the same, but it's still some fun. I'm sure it'll be cheap soon after release--I'd pick it up.

Played the demo. It's "dumbed down" and it "holds your hand" because it's the tutorial level. :roll:

Oh man oh man oh man I had to sign up just to ask you guys if you've ever played a "training level" in a game before? Because as shocking as it may seem, the demo level is a TRAINING LEVEL! I can't believe there are people who think this is how it will be all the way through...god help the human race! :hot:

[edit] ah good good god heard my screams and came in the form of Brak! Nice one man. :D

bread's done
Back