HMV clearance game sale most 75% off+tons more

dvdswapper

CAGiversary!
NO ONE HAS POSTED THIS!

Hot!!!
This is not the old sale. This is a new sale. MOST GAMES ARE 75% OFF newer games are 25% off. Systems are 30% off. Accessories are 75% off.
Ps move for $20.00, Eaton Center has their sale on, the other locations are slowly starting. Bloor St already has some games priced but still lots to still tag.

Black Ops Prestige $149.00-75% off(Bloor)
Resistance 3 Sharpshooter set $139.00-75%(Both locations)
Bioshock 2 collectors edition $99.00-75% off(Eaton Center)
Ps Move sets-75% off
Controller sets 60% off
Ps move controller/accessories 75% off
ps3/360/wii accessories 75% off
eds games 25% off
newer titles like MW3/War in North 25% off

Infamous 2 60% off
Catherine 75% off
Saw 2 75% off
Gears of War 3 CE 75% off
+TONS MORE

Thanks for posting this OP.

I picked these up today:
Splinter Cell Convection CE - $18 Reg $65
Crackdown 2 - $5 Reg $20
Legends of the Guardians: The owls of Ga'hoole - $5 Reg $20
Alpha Protocol - $7 Reg $25
Eyepet - $5 Reg $20
Kungfu Rider - $5 Reg $20
3D Dot Game Heroes - $14 Reg $45
Bust-a-move Universe - $10 Reg $23
Driver Renegade - $10 Reg $40
Ghost Recon Shadow Warrior - $10 Reg $40
Dragon Quest VI - $25 Reg $35
Playstation Move Motion Controller - $12.50 Reg $50
Playstation Move Navigation Controller - $7.50 Reg $30
Playstation Move Navigation Controller - $7.50 Reg $30
Playstation Move charging station - $7.50 Reg $30
Playstation Move bundle(Sports Champions/camera/motion controller) - $20 Reg $100

Total value:583
Total spent:157.5

I'm pretty happy with what I got but there are a couple other cheap games that I will be going back for first thing in the morning :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ichitaka, do some quick math on my numbers. all items were 60-75% off.

I mostly bought a bunch of obscure games that I've been wanting for sometime. I'm not a turd burglar unlike most RFD freaks, I'm an actual collector. That said I think I'll go back tomorrow to pick up more stuff.

Also I think the HMV @ Angrignon also has games.

so.... hmv is out of the game business? they dont even list games on their website anymore
wow brutal their prices were high too that sucks hope still some games left to be bought! probably all gone by now

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']so.... hmv is out of the game business? they dont even list games on their website anymore[/QUOTE]

Yup, out of the game business.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']Yup, out of the game business.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wish I had seen this yesterday when I was out and about. Which store(s) did you hit James?

[quote name='jeffx']Well ichitaka, do some quick math on my numbers. all items were 60-75% off.

I mostly bought a bunch of obscure games that I've been wanting for sometime. I'm not a turd burglar unlike most RFD freaks, I'm an actual collector. That said I think I'll go back tomorrow to pick up more stuff.

Also I think the HMV @ Angrignon also has games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did the math, but 2 other people went same store as you and said 30-50% only. o_O

Just checked the HMV store in Hull and there's very little sign of any movement whatsoever.

They're even advertising for Mass Effect 3 pre-orders :roll:

Anyone in Winnipeg? I went to KP and they no longer carry games. Not sure which locations have them now.

Only places in Calgary are at Chinook and TD Square. That leaves me out. Oh well. Would've loved to get Catherine for anywhere near that $20 mark on top of a PS Move bundle.

I can report that for anyone in Halifax, the Spring Garden Road location still has a decent selection left. I noticed PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles behind the counter, but I couldn't read the discounts. There is a Gears of War 3 Epic Edition lying on the floor, but it didn't appear to have a sticker on it. A copy of NHL 12 for PS3 at 60% off of $59.99 is there, too.

All their games are gutted, though, so I only ended up getting an Xbox 360 Quick Charge kit for $10. I was looking for Nba 2K12 or the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, but they had neither.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Damn, I wish I had seen this yesterday when I was out and about. Which store(s) did you hit James?[/QUOTE]

Spring Garden Road. it's the ONLY place left from what i here in the Maritimes or maybe in Nova Scotia ( heard this from HMV employee ) while browsing titles. and HMV HFX Shopping Center gave HMV Spring Garden all their titles cause i called them the night this was posted.

I hope you make it down their today and get some good stuff man. i was their past 4 PM ( closed at 5 cause it was Sunday ) so when i left it was less then a hour till close and not many people were browsing the games. when i was still their.

If their is one thing i might regret it's not buying the sharp shooter but i'm not sure i want to play Killzone or Socom with the move cause i can't even play Metroid Prime for Wii cause i can't stand the fact Samus spins in circles while i rest my hand facing slightly right or left with the Wii Mote ( not sure why that annoys me )

West Edmonton Mall restocked, maybe from the other stores around the area. A friend of mine got a Kinect (the first bundle) for $38, among some other stuff - here was my pickup:

PS3 Resistance 3 $24 reg $60
PS3 Resistance 2 $7.50 reg $30
PS3 Socom 4 $15 reg $40
PS3 Killzone 3 $10 reg $40
360 Deus Ex $20 reg $50
360 Driver: San Francisco $25 reg $60
360 Nier $6.25 reg $25
360 Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands $6 reg $15
360 Splinter Cell: Conviction CE $16.25 reg $65
360 Hunted: Demon's Forge $9.60 reg $24
360 Castlevania: LoS $10 reg $40
Sony Move Controller $12.50 reg $50
Sony Move Nunchuk $7.50 reg $30
Wiimote with built in Motion Plus $11.25 reg $45

So $573 of merchandise for $189.89 including Tax. Total savings of about $383.

I might go back for a few more Wiimotes/Nunchuks if there are any left.

I can also confirm the West Edmonton Mall deal.

Got the following - All 360
Red Faction Armageddon - $15
Band Hero - $7.50
Def Jam Rapstar - $10
Castlevania - Lord of Shadows - $10
Shaun White Skateboarding - $5
Mafia II - $10
Brutal Legend - $5

Thanks to the OP, this is the second best deal I've ever experienced (Zellers 3 years ago was the best).

FYI, they haven't discounted the newest and best games very much, all at 25% off for the likes of MW3, etc. But if you are going to buy it and want it new, this is the time.

Still lots of stock for all consoles at this location.

I went to First Canadian Place and picked up Trauma Team for 75% off, came up to $12.71. I'm so squeamish when it comes to things like this! I've been avoiding this series for a while now (I'm pretty sure I already own the second title for DS lol...I couldn't bring myself to play it) but for that price I thought I'd get this one anyway.

They have Batman: AC CEs as well, for anyone interested. Unfortunately, they are only 25% off, I had hoped they would be a little more discounted, so I didn't grab one.

Not much to miss out on in the 2 stores here in Calgary. I can only assume most of the items are tagged incorrectly as 3D Dot Game Heroes was priced at $44.99 with an additional 30% off. It even came up as $30 at the checkout. I had to tell them that it was 75% off the other day so they went to "check if it was further reduced" (whatever the hell that means) only to come back with a different employee who added the correct amount. So who really knows what the price is on most of their stuff.

Most everything was stickered at 20-30% off. The occasional item that was 50% off was still way above regular price at any other store that sells games. Quite a few things weren't even sticked so one can only wonder if these items are even on sale (PS Move wands/Nav controllers etc). Didn't see any controllers although I can only assume these were probably the first things to go. This was at TD square. Chinook was pretty much the same story yet damn near everything looked gutted to hell (they even had black and white cover art for some of the games :roll: ).

This is an extremely pathetic sale in terms of getting out of the "gaming business" but I can't complain as 3D Dot is pretty much gone from any and all stores out there. Getting it for $11 was just icing on the cake.

[quote name='Eoyote']Not much to miss out on in the 2 stores here in Calgary. I can only assume most of the items are tagged incorrectly as 3D Dot Game Heroes was priced at $44.99 with an additional 30% off. It even came up as $30 at the checkout. I had to tell them that it was 75% off the other day so they went to "check if it was further reduced" (whatever the hell that means) only to come back with a different employee who added the correct amount. So who really knows what the price is on most of their stuff.

Most everything was stickered at 20-30% off. The occasional item that was 50% off was still way above regular price at any other store that sells games. Quite a few things weren't even sticked so one can only wonder if these items are even on sale (PS Move wands/Nav controllers etc). Didn't see any controllers although I can only assume these were probably the first things to go. This was at TD square. Chinook was pretty much the same story yet damn near everything looked gutted to hell (they even had black and white cover art for some of the games :roll: ).

This is an extremely pathetic sale in terms of getting out of the "gaming business" but I can't complain as 3D Dot is pretty much gone from any and all stores out there. Getting it for $11 was just icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

3D Dot Game Heroes is a GREAT game I love it i bought it the 2nd day of release ( 1st for the store cause that's when it came in ) for $11 that's a steal

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Dragon Quest VI - $25 Reg $35[/QUOTE] I also picked up DQVI, but it was $34.99 -75%... which made it $8.75.

+1 for Calgary
Chinook said they weren't discounted yet?

At TD I got:
Bioshock 2 LE 360 16.25
Castlevania 360 10.00
Non players choice punch out wii 15

I didn't see any games I wanted, everything was pretty much picked clean. Would have loved to grab a PS Move pointer honestly. :/

Just got:
PS Eye $10
PS Blu-Ray Remote $6

[quote name='Icetron']I didn't see any games I wanted, everything was pretty much picked clean. Would have loved to grab a PS Move pointer honestly. :/

Just got:
PS Eye $10
PS Blu-Ray Remote $6[/QUOTE]

At least you saw things for sale... both the stores near me shipped their product out long ago... I did see some over priced cd's though ;)

[quote name='Mr.']I also picked up DQVI, but it was $34.99 -75%... which made it $8.75.[/QUOTE]

Same price here but last copy... so gutted :(

Rideau Centre had different games than they had on Sunday.

[PS3] Resistance 3 = $60 - 60% (lots of copies)
[PS3] Resonance of Fate = $65 - 75% (lots of copies)
[PS3] 3D Dot Game Heroes = $45 - 75%
[PS3] Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 = $45 - 25% (lots of copies)
[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn = $50 - 75% (think they had more copies behind counter)

Picked up these games, except for UMvC3 since I got that on Sunday. Hoping for some good couch co-op in Resistance 3.

They also had a bunch of other pretty big titles (AC:R, COD: BO, BF3, etc.), but I can't remember price since I didn't take a decent look at them.

Woohoo, I found DQVI for $34.99 @ 75% off at Yonge/Dundas!! Looked like it was the last copy. I also picked up Nintendogs + Cats for 60% off, because I looked on the back of the box and saw a Pomeranian, then thought of Missile from Ghost Trick haha.

[quote name='TronB']Woohoo, I found DQVI for $34.99 @ 75% off at Yonge/Dundas!! Looked like it was the last copy. I also picked up Nintendogs + Cats for 60% off, because I looked on the back of the box and saw a Pomeranian, then thought of Missile from Ghost Trick haha. [/QUOTE]

Wow, I guess I missed out by thinking it would be all cleaned out. Nice find!

[quote name='kroberts11']West Edmonton Mall restocked, maybe from the other stores around the area. A friend of mine got a Kinect (the first bundle) for $38, among some other stuff - here was my pickup:

PS3 Resistance 3 $24 reg $60
PS3 Resistance 2 $7.50 reg $30
PS3 Socom 4 $15 reg $40
PS3 Killzone 3 $10 reg $40
360 Deus Ex $20 reg $50
360 Driver: San Francisco $25 reg $60
360 Nier $6.25 reg $25
360 Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands $6 reg $15
360 Splinter Cell: Conviction CE $16.25 reg $65
360 Hunted: Demon's Forge $9.60 reg $24
360 Castlevania: LoS $10 reg $40
Sony Move Controller $12.50 reg $50
Sony Move Nunchuk $7.50 reg $30
Wiimote with built in Motion Plus $11.25 reg $45

So $573 of merchandise for $189.89 including Tax. Total savings of about $383.

I might go back for a few more Wiimotes/Nunchuks if there are any left.[/QUOTE]

Did they have the games tagged individually at those discounts? Was there Saturday, nothing was tagged so low other than the ones that have been discounted for a while.

[quote name='JGonspy']Wow, I guess I missed out by thinking it would be all cleaned out. Nice find![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't even going to go because my class ended at 6pm, so I got there after 7pm. I was very close to not going at all since I assumed they would be empty.

Also I saw one copy of The Legendary Starfy. I was going to get it but at this point I have so many games I know I would never get around to playing something I didn't really want. I'm pretty sure it was 75% off of $34.99 for anyone out there who likes platformers (it appears to have gotten good reviews). It may be gone by now though...but it might be safe because the cover is so cutesy most people might assume it's shovelware or something.

edit: and I saw one copy of Pokemon HeartGold, but the sticker said 25% off, not sure if that was accurate or not.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']Did they have the games tagged individually at those discounts? Was there Saturday, nothing was tagged so low other than the ones that have been discounted for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yup. In the back, nothing was tagged, and I was getting ready to go up to the till with my wiimote and PS Move accessories, until I saw everything right at the entrance. We went and checked that out, and EVERYTHING there was stickered, unlike the back.

[quote name='TronB']Yeah, I wasn't even going to go because my class ended at 6pm, so I got there after 7pm. I was very close to not going at all since I assumed they would be empty.

Also I saw one copy of The Legendary Starfy. I was going to get it but at this point I have so many games I know I would never get around to playing something I didn't really want. I'm pretty sure it was 75% off of $34.99 for anyone out there who likes platformers (it appears to have gotten good reviews). It may be gone by now though...but it might be safe because the cover is so cutesy most people might assume it's shovelware or something.

edit: and I saw one copy of Pokemon HeartGold, but the sticker said 25% off, not sure if that was accurate or not.
[/QUOTE]

I might check out that copy of Starfy.

I'm a little annoyed that DQVI was only 25% off at the Yonge/Bloor location now that I think about what I saw when I was there, but maybe the prices are dropping over time? Doing it by location sounds a bit annoying, though also likely, since I know they do that with their regular prices too.

Ah.. That was my mistake then. There wasn't much there for me anyways, but I might take another look and see if there's anything left this weekend.

[quote name='TronB']Yeah, I wasn't even going to go because my class ended at 6pm, so I got there after 7pm. I was very close to not going at all since I assumed they would be empty.

[/QUOTE]

Starfy is 75%.

Thank you, dvdswapper for posting the deal. You are awesome for thinking of others and trying to discourage hoarding.

[quote name='dvdswapper']
He's at the vets now hooked up to iv for a few days. The Doctor seems confident that everything will go smoothly if the blood tests come back fine.[/QUOTE]
I hope your cat is better. Having a pet connected to an IV is one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

My boyfriend got a 3DS for 30% off and a few games on Monday. With the mail in rebate posted in another thread the 3DS will be $115 including tax.

Yesterday Rideau had Mario and Luigi's Bowser's Inside Story for $16 and Secret Agent Clank for $2.50. Bowser wasn't even marked with a regular price. The staff was surprised at the sale price. I'm sure they were tired of people asking them for stock but they were helpful.

St Laurent had more stock but the discounts were around 20% off. Most of the staff was busy stickering products in the back.

I asked about Kinects at both stores. The girl at Rideau laughed and said no they went Sunday morning. The guy at St Laurent said out of stock. Very different feel at each store. Going by the store I wouldn't have know St Laurent was not carrying games anymore.

[quote name='stressgal']Thank you, dvdswapper for posting the deal. You are awesome for thinking of others and trying to discourage hoarding.

I hope your cat is better. Having a pet connected to an IV is one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

My boyfriend got a 3DS for 30% off and a few games on Monday. With the mail in rebate posted in another thread the 3DS will be $115 including tax.

Yesterday Rideau had Mario and Luigi's Bowser's Inside Story for $16 and Secret Agent Clank for $2.50. Bowser wasn't even marked with a regular price. The staff was surprised at the sale price. I'm sure they were tired of people asking them for stock but they were helpful.

St Laurent had more stock but the discounts were around 20% off. Most of the staff was busy stickering products in the back.

I asked about Kinects at both stores. The girl at Rideau laughed and said no they went Sunday morning. The guy at St Laurent said out of stock. Very different feel at each store. Going by the store I wouldn't have know St Laurent was not carrying games anymore.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the complement and for asking about my cat:)
My cat is doing better but still has some stuff he has to get out of his system before he can go home. The vet is taking good care of him so far so I am happy he's getting better. My family is doing better and my wife and I visit him everyday.
It's great to see all the happy people and great spirit on here. It seems that most of you got some great deals which is awesome. Helping others is why I post, money's always tight for everyone.

[quote name='dvdswapper']Thank you for the complement and for asking about my cat:)
My cat is doing better but still has some stuff he has to get out of his system before he can go home. The vet is taking good care of him so far so I am happy he's getting better. My family is doing better and my wife and I visit him everyday.
It's great to see all the happy people and great spirit on here. It seems that most of you got some great deals which is awesome. Helping others is why I post, money's always tight for everyone.[/QUOTE]

This too is why i post deals i find it helps to be a Cheap Ass Gamer ( Pun Attended ) i take your Sig is based on your cat

well i just got home for HMV again, I called earlier and asked about LOTR: War In The North and it's 25% off and the woman on the phone didn't say for certainty but she said probably 60% 75% off cause most are and i thought hell alright i'm biting on that deal .. i get down to HMV ... 25% that's right 25% ! that's not close to 60% not or 75% so i was bummed that had a few more games titles out like

Splinter Cell Collection ( i have it but didn't take a look at the Price and % )
The Fight: Light's Out ( same as above don't know )
Resistance 3 is still in stock
inFAMOUS 1
Two Worlds 2 $49.99 - 75% off = close too $15 total

i can't remember much more i had to grab what i wanted and leave which were

Two Worlds 2 ( mentioned above ) they had a copy or copies left
and i grabbed the last of Hunted Demons Forge for $23.99 - 60 % = Alittle over $11 all in all two games for $25 something total

( NOTE all games mentioned are for the PS3 )

[quote name='JamesSoprano']This too is why i post deals i find it helps to be a Cheap Ass Gamer ( Pun Attended ) i take your Sig is based on your cat[/QUOTE]

Yes. My daughter saw it on another site and loved it. So I put it in my avatar.
Not my design or anything. I'm happy you guys are getting great deals, don't forget about the Zellers Clearance March 14.

I went back to WEM today to check out some any restocked stuff from other locations. A lot of untagged/mistagged stuff, but here's what I picked up today:

360 Split Second $10 reg $25
360 Gears of War 3 $24 reg $60
360 Army of Two 40th Day $10 reg $24
360 Top Spin 4 $15 reg $60
PS3 Infamous $12 reg $30
PS3 3D Dot Heroes $27 reg 45
PS3 Sharpshooter Gun thingie $10 reg $40

Another $113 spent on $285 worth of merchandise. I'll take it!

I held a few DS games in my hand, but decided against them. I really wish the 360 Arkham City CE would drop lower than 25% off of 89.99. $66 is way too much for me to spend on a game I already have.

I have to go back to WEM for other errands tomorrow, so I might check again, just to see if any of their discount tags have changed.

kroberts11 I went back today too.

They still had a really good selection in my opinion.

I picked up a few things for my son:
Ready Set Grover - $5 Reg $20
Green Lantern DS - $8 Reg $20
The Dog Island PS2 - $2.50 Reg $10
Batman Brave and the Bold - $5 Reg $20

Then for myself:
Nanobreaker - $1.25 Reg $5
Green Lantern 3DS - $7 Reg $30
Splinter Cell 3D - $10 Reg $40
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 - $14 Reg $35
World of Outlaws: Spirit Cars - $5 Reg $20
The Shoot - $5 Reg $20
PS3 Sharpshooter - $10 Reg $40
PS3 Sharpshooter - $10 Reg $40
3DS starter kit thing - $3 Reg $10
Lastly and my favorite: Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - $7.50 Reg $25

Total spent is: 92.25
Total Value is: 335

I need to go back once more tomorrow to pick up a copy of DQM2 for my sister-in-law and then I'm done!

[quote name='kroberts11']I went back to WEM today to check out some any restocked stuff from other locations. A lot of untagged/mistagged stuff, but here's what I picked up today:

360 Split Second $10 reg $25
360 Gears of War 3 $24 reg $60
360 Army of Two 40th Day $10 reg $24
360 Top Spin 4 $15 reg $60
PS3 Infamous $12 reg $30
PS3 3D Dot Heroes $27 reg 45
PS3 Sharpshooter Gun thingie $10 reg $40

Another $113 spent on $285 worth of merchandise. I'll take it!

I held a few DS games in my hand, but decided against them. I really wish the 360 Arkham City CE would drop lower than 25% off of 89.99. $66 is way too much for me to spend on a game I already have.

I have to go back to WEM for other errands tomorrow, so I might check again, just to see if any of their discount tags have changed.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, you got ripped off on 3D Dot. Supposed to be 75% off; $11.

[quote name='Eoyote']Ouch, you got ripped off on 3D Dot. Supposed to be 75% off; $11.[/QUOTE]

Ahh bummer. I had just heard it was a good game, and it was the last copy, so I grabbed it. Oh well!

I went back one more time today, only because I was at the mall already picking up two games I bought off of Kijiji (LoZ: Four Swords + Super Mario Kart!)

360 Fallout: New Vegas (Vanilla) $6.25 reg $25
360 LA Noire (Vanilla) $10 reg $40
360 Dreamcast Collection $6.25 reg $25
360 Ninety Nine Nights II $7.50 reg $30
Nintendo DS The Legendary Starfy $8.75 reg $35.99
Nintendo DS Glory of Heracles $7.50 reg $30

I may return LA Noire/Fallout, just because there are GOTY editions out... but I figured for the cheapness, might as well spend now, think later.

I'm constantly checking back, just to see if the NR games will go more than 25% off... there was one last Arkham City CE for 360 there, but I just cannnn't justify only 25% off :(.

[quote name='kroberts11']Ahh bummer. I had just heard it was a good game, and it was the last copy, so I grabbed it. Oh well!

I went back one more time today, only because I was at the mall already picking up two games I bought off of Kijiji (LoZ: Four Swords + Super Mario Kart!)

360 Fallout: New Vegas (Vanilla) $6.25 reg $25
360 LA Noire (Vanilla) $10 reg $40
360 Dreamcast Collection $6.25 reg $25
360 Ninety Nine Nights II $7.50 reg $30
Nintendo DS The Legendary Starfy $8.75 reg $35.99
Nintendo DS Glory of Heracles $7.50 reg $30

I may return LA Noire/Fallout, just because there are GOTY editions out... but I figured for the cheapness, might as well spend now, think later.

I'm constantly checking back, just to see if the NR games will go more than 25% off... there was one last Arkham City CE for 360 there, but I just cannnn't justify only 25% off :(.[/QUOTE]

If you are interested in selling LA Noire I'd be interested in buying it from you.

WEM HMV has some good stock. I picked up Resistance 3, and Red Faction Armageddon. It is ridiculous how many copies of Splinter Cell they have. Also they got a lot of copies Sin and Punishment.

[quote name='kroberts11']Nintendo DS Glory of Heracles $7.50 reg $30[/QUOTE]

It's $5 at Bestbuy, and stock seems plentiful enough. Just saying. $7.50 is still cheap enough though, an extra $2.50 is worth it if you don't have any local BB's or something.

Anyone know if these deals are valid in Quebec aswell?
Dont want to go for nothing and they never answer they're damn phone!

[quote name='Skullz_69']Anyone know if these deals are valid in Quebec aswell?
Dont want to go for nothing and they never answer they're damn phone![/QUOTE]

There was talk about stores in Montreal that had the promo over at RFD.

bread's done
Back