Hobo With A Shotgun trailer - It's really gonna happen

Day motherfuckin one!!! I was literally looking like :hot: for the last 40 seconds of that trailer. I NEED TO WATCH THIS!!!

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Did Rodriguez sell the rights? 'Cause that doesn't look like a Rodriguez flick... nor does it have any star power.[/QUOTE]
I Think he just helped produce if anything, but it's made primarily by the people who did the original faux trailer.

Rutger Hauer is the ultimate hobo with a shotgun. I can't think of a single person in the world who could pull it off better.

Um, Rodriguez had nothing to do with Hobo With A Shotgun. It won a contest and was including in Grindhouse in certain regions.

That's it.

[quote name='MightierToaster']HAHA, I can't beleive they are making these. I hope "DON'T" is next.[/QUOTE]

The rumor is the Grindhouse sequel will be Don't and Thanksgiving if Dimension agrees to do it.

I don't like the first youtube vid because it sounded like "homo with a shotgun"

And I don't support that crap

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']That really looks stupid. I don't understand being excited about it.[/QUOTE]

You ever get tired of having shitty opinions

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Did Rodriguez sell the rights? 'Cause that doesn't look like a Rodriguez flick... nor does it have any star power.[/QUOTE]

What? Rodriguez had nothing to do with that at all.

After grindhouse came out people online started creating their own faux trailers. This wasnt in frin grindhouse, was just made by some guy who posted it online. He was inspired by the fake grindhouse trailers.

[quote name='gargus']What? Rodriguez had nothing to do with that at all.

After grindhouse came out people online started creating their own faux trailers. This wasnt in frin grindhouse, was just made by some guy who posted it online. He was inspired by the fake grindhouse trailers.[/QUOTE]

That's incorrect. Those guys actually won a contest created by Rodriguez at SXSW. They're not just some internet dudes. It WAS put into some international screenings of Grindhouse.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Regardless... this still looks kinda Troma-esque.[/QUOTE]
Except with MUCH higher production values. Though to be fair, that isn't very hard to beat out against Troma (which makes them so classy).

man hollywood must be seriously desperate to be making these fake trailers into movies. itll be interesting to see if they actually end up being decent movies but as of now ill just have to wait and see. im still waiting for the sequels to the goonies, big trouble in little china and dr detroit.

Hollywood is desperate because they are making original ideas into movies? oh ok...

anyway, Thanksgiving is gonna get made, Don't probably will as well.

no sign of Werewolf Women of the SS though... haha

[quote name='lokizz']man hollywood must be seriously desperate to be making these fake trailers into movies. itll be interesting to see if they actually end up being decent movies but as of now ill just have to wait and see. im still waiting for the sequels to the goonies, big trouble in little china and dr detroit.[/QUOTE]

So you'd rather see more garbage sequels from old movies than new original movies? You are the problem with Hollywood today.

This movie isn't giving me a clue like all of these other posters. It doesn't have that instant enticement like Machete has. I guess if you're into the 'bloody mess perk' movies like District 9 then this is your ticket.

[quote name='Magehart']I guess if you're into the 'bloody mess perk' movies like District 9 then this is your ticket.[/QUOTE]

This statement makes my head hurt so bad. I can tell you've never seen District 9, that movie is hardly a 'bloody mess' compared to some shit out today.

[quote name='tcrash247']So you'd rather see more garbage sequels from old movies than new original movies? You are the problem with Hollywood today.[/QUOTE]

lol dude you dont know me from the mole on your moms ass so dont pretend to judge me. i , more than many of you here, hate what hollywoods doing as far as movies go. but you cant tell me making a full length movie based on short faux commercial is a great idea just because its "original".

its a bad idea and a waste of resources that could be put to use for a real project. just like making machette is imo a bad idea which when its all said and done they will probably make every one of those grindhouse fake commercials into movies because of people like you. which to be honest grindhouse was shit. it had a few good moments but being a shitty movie for shitty sake because its "nostalgic" is lame.

shit like this , making movie from fake commercials, is why hollywood keeps churning out crap like transformers and making tons of money.this is the reason i prefer foreign films and older movies.

the whole thing about wanting to see those other films made was a joke with some truth to it because to be honest theres way more story there than anything you could cobble together from a grindhouse commercial.

[quote name='lokizz']its a bad idea and a waste of resources that could be put to use for a real project.[/QUOTE]

That's always been a horseshit excuse. Do you really think that Alliance Films spent all of it's money on Hobo With A Shotgun and that they would have funded some brilliant film if Hobo With A Shotgun never existed?

Not everything can be a grand slam and the creation of dreg like Transformers 3 isn't going to get in the way of Paramount Vantage's plans.

[quote name='lokizz']this is the reason i prefer foreign films and older movies.[/QUOTE]

rofl

[quote name='lokizz']shit like this , making movie from fake commercials, is why hollywood keeps churning out crap like transformers and making tons of money.[/QUOTE]

What? Are you saying Machete leads to Transformers? I'm confused.

[quote name='tcrash247']What? Are you saying Machete leads to Transformers? I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

i realize you are but its beyond my ability to help you or to give a shit. goodluck.

Machete is the #3 movie in the country right now, I wouldn't say it was a bad idea to make it, especially financially.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/

If you're going to be a pretentious film snob, then yeah I guess it isn't exactly the most artistic movie ever made, but then not every movie can be a classic. It was a fun movie and well worth the admission price, I haven't laughed and cheered at a movie like that in a long time.

[quote name='lokizz']i realize you are but its beyond my ability to help you or to give a shit. goodluck.[/QUOTE]

Cool, at least we don't have to worry about you threadcrapping here anymore. Good day.

Sadly if this isnt straight to video it will probablly cap like 2 mil at the boxoffice because it will be a limited run and no one will go to see it. Good or bad it wont get the attention it deserves.

[quote name='gargus']Sadly if this isnt straight to video it will probablly cap like 2 mil at the boxoffice because it will be a limited run and no one will go to see it. Good or bad it wont get the attention it deserves.[/QUOTE]
To be fair it does look pretty budget and if it was done with minimal advertising and it did somehow make that much, I think they'd be cutting it even. So wouldn't be a total loss in some sense.

Though yeah I imagine this doing a small theater run if anything. Hope I'm proven wrong though, but Vampires Suck beating out Scott Pilgrim has given me little hope in the movie going public.

[quote name='Clak']Machete is the #3 movie in the country right now, I wouldn't say it was a bad idea to make it, especially financially.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/

If you're going to be a pretentious film snob, then yeah I guess it isn't exactly the most artistic movie ever made, but then not every movie can be a classic. It was a fun movie and well worth the admission price, I haven't laughed and cheered at a movie like that in a long time.[/QUOTE]

He's still waiting for the sequels to the goonies, big trouble in little china and dr detroit. Not exactly Stanley Kubrick here. I think we can safely throw out "pretentious film snob"

bread's done
Back