Hollow Knight 7.49 on Mexico eShop (switch)

Just a heads up. Games worth 15 all day but half off is better.

Just switch your country to Mexico and it's good to go.afterwards you can switch back to your country .Make sure you spend any money you have on your account I had to. Buy a .99 game but had pretty much enough gold close to cover it.

How often can you switch regions? I picked up Hollow Knight and Pocket Rumble and Crossing Souls is $7.86 for next week. Was just wondering if Nintendo would flag you.
That's an interesting question I would also like to know the answer to ...

Also, Hollow Knight is FRIGGIN great.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an interesting question, I would also like to know the answer to ...

Also, Hollow Knight is FRIGGIN great.
I'll holding off on playing it until that free dlc drops next month. That Octopath deal from Target will hold me over!

The Messenger showing up for 2.04 USD on the Mexico eShop. Game looks really good. Comes out August 30th

Whoa, already pre-ordered The Messenger but that price down south would've been killer.

Morphies Law is only $10.xx on the Mexico shop. Keep in mind if you use a separate account to buy it you'll have to buy the family plan to play it online next month.

Morphies Law is only $10.xx on the Mexico shop. Keep in mind if you use a separate account to buy it you'll have to buy the family plan to play it online next month.
This confuses me. The typical method is to switch your primary accounts country to Mexico, correct?

What's the benefit in using a secondary account?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

This confuses me. The typical method is to switch your primary accounts country to Mexico, correct?

What's the benefit in using a secondary account?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Well switching back and forth requires you to clear your eshop balance. So, maybe for some people that would be difficult. Mexico isn't as big a deal since you can use a regular credit card. But for other regions, you may need to buy eshop cards and would have some leftover points.

Well switching back and forth requires you to clear your eshop balance. So, maybe for some people that would be difficult. Mexico isn't as big a deal since you can use a regular credit card. But for other regions, you may need to buy eshop cards and would have some leftover points.
Ah, ok, gotcha. I rarely carry an eshop balance, so I totally forgot about that. Thanks!

Thank you for the update on price.  My total was $5.46 via Paypal (includes their conversion fee).

Looking forward to trying this out, and if I end up loving it as much as I hope, will look into the physical release next Spring.

Thank you for the update on price. My total was $5.46 via Paypal (includes their conversion fee).

Looking forward to trying this out, and if I end up loving it as much as I hope, will look into the physical release next Spring.
Np and the free dlc dropped today as well. They said it's more to come later with another character.

So I should be able to switch my US account to Mexico, use my US card or Paypal to buy Hollow Knight for the exact amount, then switch back to the US region and I'll own it as if I bought it normally?

The only downsides are the loss of current funds (if any), and reward coins being region locked? It sounds like US cards won't work for other regions aside from Mexico either right?

Thank you for the update on price. My total was $5.46 via Paypal (includes their conversion fee).

So buy it now(digital) for around $5.50 or wait like 7 months for physical for what will likely be $19.99? Everyone is raving about it so a digital purchase might make sense for me even though I do prefer having a cart.

So I should be able to switch my US account to Mexico, use my US card or Paypal to buy Hollow Knight for the exact amount, then switch back to the US region and I'll own it as if I bought it normally?

The only downsides are the loss of current funds (if any), and reward coins being region locked? It sounds like US cards won't work for other regions aside from Mexico either right?
Yea, that works fine. I think the reward coins are account based so you would keep them too (not entirely sure). The game will show as purchased when you enter the US store after you switch back.

The Mexican eshop is the only one I've been able to use my US credit card on. For Japan, I made a separate account.

Yea, that works fine. I think the reward coins are account based so you would keep them too (not entirely sure). The game will show as purchased when you enter the US store after you switch back.

The Mexican eshop is the only one I've been able to use my US credit card on. For Japan, I made a separate account.

So buy it now(digital) for around $5.50 or wait like 7 months for physical for what will likely be $19.99? Everyone is raving about it so a digital purchase might make sense for me even though I do prefer having a cart.
It's an indie game on the Switch. It'll probably $30, maybe $40 if they include a manual and stickers or something.

Godmaster is the final planned free DLC for the game though, and the next DLC should be the Hornet campaign, and it's probably going to cost money. I can definitely see that being included with the physical release to justify charging $40 or more.

So yeah, it's probably best to get it now for less than a Starbucks drink. It's basically a must-buy at that point.

Personally I'm going to grab it now since it's less than $6 because I'm hearing so much good about it. If I really like it I'll probably grab a physical copy for Xbox.

Looking into it, Hollow Knight's physical release is being published by Skybound Games. This is a new company owned by the The Walking Dead comics creator. They didn't make any of the past or upcoming Walking Dead games, though I'd guess their name will be on some future stuff since Kirkman generally does some advising on the games.

So far they've only got one game I can find a price for, $30 for Slime Rancher out in a couple weeks. Alongside Hollow Knight they announced publishing deals for Slime Rancher, Death's Gambit, The Long Dark, and Skullgirls (Switch version, some trash sites are reporting it as Skullgirls 2 for some reason.)

Hollow Knight for $5.46 after PP currency conversion... hell yes! I like how after you change your region back, the game is still linked to your account so you can redownload it as if it were purchased from the US store.

Thanks op and everyone who posted tips and updated prices ^^

Oh great, so it's coming out for Xbox One too.  Does that mean it has a chance of being in 4K for One X?  I mean, I doubt the artstyle would really benefit from 4K but still, I have a One X now so I want the best looking version.  Also, games typically load faster on One X.  Hmmm.

Oh great, so it's coming out for Xbox One too. Does that mean it has a chance of being in 4K for One X? I mean, I doubt the artstyle would really benefit from 4K but still, I have a One X now so I want the best looking version. Also, games typically load faster on One X. Hmmm.
Depends on what resolution the assets were drawn at. The Steam page only says 1080 so I'd guess any 4K support would just be upscaling. Being hand drawn, there isn't a lot that could be done to improve it outside of redrawing the entire game. Sprite based stuff like Sonic Mania should look sharper in theory, but for 2D games in general I don't think there's really much difference unless it has to be downgraded to work. At best you're looking at slightly better load times.

Your real pros and cons here are the general ones any crossplatform game has.

Switch = portable version Xbox = Achievements, free cloud saves, forwards compatibility on future consoles PS4 = Trophies

So if I create a 2nd Nintendo account I won't lose my eShop money from 1st account when switching regions?
Yes. In that scenario, you aren't switching regions on your 1st account since you created a 2nd. The 2nd account will have a 0 balance to start with. So you can freely change with that 2nd account. But obviously purchasing on a 2nd account won't give you coins on your 1st account.

You can't get banned or anything from doing this right? Just want to make sure before I set up another account. Thanks!

You can't get banned or anything from doing this right? Just want to make sure before I set up another account. Thanks!
as far as a 2nd account... no.

I have a US, a JP and a UK account.

JP has demos the US doesnt have, and I made the UK account because Kirby had the demo there before the US got it (was like 2-3 weeks or some dumb crap)

Many people set up a JP account at the start, demos and games the US did not get.

Super Mario Odyssey is 5.5 GB though and that game is bigger and better looking.
3D models don't take up as much space as a ton of hand drawn sprites, and Odyssey doesn't have a very detailed textures. Nintendo in general has tiny file sizes for stuff outside of Smash and Zelda. Another game with hand drawn graphics is Banner Saga, which is 3.1 gigs.

On the eshop website, I'm now getting a "This service is undergoing maintenance" error code when trying to purchase the game.  Anybody else seeing issues?

Hopefully it clears up before the sale ends.

On the eshop website, I'm now getting a "This service is undergoing maintenance" error code when trying to purchase the game. Anybody else seeing issues?

Hopefully it clears up before the sale ends.
Are you talking about Hollow Knight? Did you trying buying it on the switch directly?

Are you talking about Hollow Knight? Did you trying buying it on the switch directly?
Yes, Hollow Knight. When I tried to access the Eshop on the console I got a similar “servers are under maintenance” message

Update: just now the console worked. Web version ended up saying “this page is not available in your region”

Okay, I am going to go ahead and buy it on the Mexican eshop today.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Need to make an account and all that but worth it.  Any other games that are cheaper there and that are in English I should check out?

Okay, I am going to go ahead and buy it on the Mexican eshop today. I'll let you know how it goes. Need to make an account and all that but worth it. Any other games that are cheaper there and that are in English I should check out?
FYI it's back to normal price now. Granted, the mexican price is still cheaper than the US price, but it's more like 7.90 instead of the $5.50 it was yesterday.

FYI it's back to normal price now. Granted, the mexican price is still cheaper than the US price, but it's more like 7.90 instead of the $5.50 it was yesterday.
Oh I didn't realize it was a sale or when the sale ended. You snooze you lose I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

Hoping The Messenger comes back to the Mexican shop. It releases tomorrow so maybe it will for the current price of ~$2.
Add it to your wish list on the US eShop then switch over and you can purchase it on the MX eShop.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back