Hollow Knight 7.49 on Mexico eShop (switch)

Just a heads up. Games worth 15 all day but half off is better.

Just switch your country to Mexico and it's good to go.afterwards you can switch back to your country .Make sure you spend any money you have on your account I had to. Buy a .99 game but had pretty much enough gold close to cover it.

So there’s no way to use an eShop gift card purchased with trade credit at an American GameStop and then use it/add it to your account while on the Mexican eShop?

So there’s no way to use an eShop gift card purchased with trade credit at an American GameStop and then use it/add it to your account while on the Mexican eShop?
No. You can only use native currency on each eShop. Mexican eShop will not accept eShop card in USD.

Has anyone pre-ordered from a from a different region like this before then changed the account back to your local one? I comes out tomorrow so I guess it doesn't really matter, I'll just switch my account back after it's officially out.

Also, I expect them to try and do something to close this loophole. At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if the online service puts a stop to region switching. Not sure about regional differences in accounts mattering since the Switch itself is region free.

Okay so the Messenger can be had for that cheap?  I am getting it now. I need to create a mexican account or I can use my same account and just switch regions?  I don't think I have any money in my wallet on the eshop. Is the game in English?

I went ahead and created a mexican account.  I have $.45 cents on my US account.  Confused about how to just Switch over.  I don't have paypal or a credit card set up yet. Are you referring to the address change section on my account page? I go to my main USA account and add the messenger to my wish list and then on my same USA account I change the address to Mexico and then I am able to buy from that region for $2.12? I added the game to my wish list and then logged into the mexican account but the game wasn't there.  Little confused here as this is my first time.  Should I not use a CC and use paypal instead?  Will my $.45 be gone if I buy from my main account?  I don't care cuz it's only 45 cents but still curious. I'll see if I can figure it out.

**Edit oh okay so I go to the website and change to mexico there.  I've noticed there are 3 $.99 cent games on the US shop. I bought 2 of them to clear my account to $0.00.

EDIT** Okay I did it!  I changed my region on the website and it came out to 38.78 pesos when I logged back in the mexican eshop.  That converts to $2.04 even though my email has pesos currently.  Thanks CAG and theflicker!! Hopefully my $.99 game finds can repay you a little.

So new question now.  Do I leave my region as Mexico until I download the game tomorrow and then I can switch back?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Messenger currently showing MX$387.81 ($20 USD) on the mexican eshop website.  Not sure if console showing the same as I don't have my Switch with me.

The Messenger currently showing MX$387.81 ($20 USD) on the mexican eshop website. Not sure if console showing the same as I don't have my Switch with me.
They must have fixed it when it released, I paid 33.78 MX last night for the preorder. No other pending charges or anything to correct it.

Dang it, sad I missed The Messenger at that price. I did pick up Into the Breach though.
Keep an eye out for a sale on Messenger. So far, it's an awesome retro platformer. And apparently midway through, the game flips up the script hardcore, but I don't want to spoil it for myself, so im not exactly sure what happens ...

Transistor is $9.77 on the Mexican eShop to pre order. Price may go up like The Messenger upon release. Also the price his been fluctuating a few cents by he day.

bread's done
Back