Hollywood Video SALE, All used CG, Xbox, PS2 are 3.99, current gen 25% off used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
I was in a local Hollywood video this afternoon. The manager told me about a promotion that apparently is nationwide (according to him). All previously played (used) Gamecube, Playstatio 2, and Xbox games are now 3.99 each.

All preplayed current gen Wii, PS3, 360 are instantly 25% off their marked used price.

Nothing too staggering but he said its been going on since this past weekend and he sold close to 40 games today alone.

I found GrimGrmoire, Grandia 2, Romancing, Saga, Prime 2, and a few other notable games.

Good luck everyone.

where is it I searched Hollywood and Hollywood Video... is it short like HWV in the title or some crap..

Your all bastards.. !!

I appreciate the post, as I don't have a Movie Gallery or Game Zone near me, but lots of Hollywood Videos here. Thanks for the heads-up to check the other thread...

It took me awhile to get in on this too, only have Hollywood Video's around here. The original post should have added Hollywood to the title. No harm, no foul posting this under "Hollywood"

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Is this for GameCrazy or just the one's with Hollywood Video only?[/quote]

Id like to know the same thing. I called my local Hollywood Video w/ GameCrazy and told them about the sale. They were clueless and had no idea what I was talking about.

This deal is awesome, I picked up a nice haul:

God Hand (perfect condition)
Shining Force Neo (perfect condition)
Tales of the Abyss (gutted completely except for a copy of the box art on the front)
Haunting Ground (missing manual)
Manhunt 2 (perfect condition)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (missing manual)
Romancing Saga (perfect condition)
Ys: Ark of Naphastim (perfect condition)
Metroid Prime 2 (perfect condition)
Mario Party 7 (perfect condition)
Drakengard 2 (perfect condition)
Final Fantasy XII (perfect condition)
Samurai Western (perfect condition)

Ya, I'm gonna check to see if there are Hollywood Video's in the area tomorrow, I'm hoping for a nice haul if I do :)

Oh, and this deal only applies to Hollywood Video's without a Gamecrazy.

I called my local Hollywood Video and they acted like I was crazy. They say they just send their used stuff over to Gamecrazy and you can buy it there, but not for the supposed 3.99 this thread is saying. I wonder if its Hollywood's that are going out of business...

Anyone have any other info about this?!?!?

It's for the stand-alone Hollywood Videos. They have what's called a "Game Cage" inside, which is kind of like a GameCrazy, but not quite. Those are the stores you want.

Yeah... all the HV stores out here (at least in San Diego) have a GameCrazy attached to them. Sucks for us. I really had my eye on that Shadow of the Colossus.

[quote name='JJSP']Yeah, never call the store.[/quote]

Normally, this is good advice. But for a sale, it either exists or it doesn't exist. You're not going to con them into giving it to you. I've only bought one game from this sale (there's only one Movie Gallery in the area...and they didn't have much of a selection), but it didn't even ring up for the $3.99. The clerk had to key in some kind of code to get it to subtract $9.99 from my $12.99 game. I'd say in this instance, you want them to be aware that the game is supposed to be cheaper than they have it tagged.

Actually, with a little bit of patience (and a little luck) you can convince them that this sale is going on. One of the HV's I hit had a guy who didn't print their entire promo for that week, so the only deal he found was the aforementioned $3.99 for games $12.99 and less w/2 rentals. I told him that this was the first I've heard of that and that all the other stores are doing the sale. I also told him to call his manager ;P Half an hour later, he gives me the thumbs-up and proceeds to check me out, no questions asked.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Actually, with a little bit of patience (and a little luck) you can convince them that this sale is going on. One of the HV's I hit had a guy who didn't print their entire promo for that week, ... ... ... I also told him to call his manager ;P Half an hour later, he gives me the thumbs-up and proceeds to check me out, no questions asked.[/quote]

Almost word for word of what happened to me. He told me that it was just for $12.99 or less, even though the sign had nothing about price-point. He called around and was getting told the same thing. Finally got a call back from DM that gave the thumbs up. Picked up some Mario titles that were beat up, but also some that were minty... Thanks again OP!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Normally, this is good advice. But for a sale, it either exists or it doesn't exist. You're not going to con them into giving it to you.[/quote]

My assumption for his statement was that you should never call ahead on a super-sale like this, because of the fact that over the phone, the last copy can be "impossible to find" for the customer until the employee goes to buy it at the end of his shift... Employee can't stash it if it's in your hands...

They didn't have crap at my local Hollywood video/gamecrazy. I'm mad!:bomb: Oh wait there is one more Hollywood Video that is somewhat local. I'll go check it out tomorrow.

[quote name='Darthjer']My assumption for his statement was that you should never call ahead on a super-sale like this, because of the fact that over the phone, the last copy can be "impossible to find" for the customer until the employee goes to buy it at the end of his shift... Employee can't stash it if it's in your hands...[/quote]

That's a good point too. I guess it really just depends how far out of your way the store is and how pissed off you'd be if they shot you down. I guess you're taking a gamble either way.

For those able to tell an employee what their own promos are and basically teach them how to do their job, I bow to your greatness. Around here, when somebody thinks they know something, good luck trying to convince them otherwise.

Some of the posts in these threads are epic.

:360: Call Of Duty 4 - $14.xx after 25% off
:360: Civilization: Revolution - $12.xx after 25% off

well no luck for me so far. Just got back from a hwv only store and employee told me they didn't hear anything about this promotion may be I'll hit this store up in early morning/noon tomorrow to catch a mananger on duty. I want some to flip for lbp and ghwt and a copy of ssb melée

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Yeah... all the HV stores out here (at least in San Diego) have a GameCrazy attached to them. Sucks for us. I really had my eye on that Shadow of the Colossus.[/QUOTE]

Except for Escondido. Booyah! Promo going on with signs. But nothing good. =(

On a sidenote, I did pick up a copy of Halo 2, too bad I came home and turns out it was the limited edition bonus disc inside inside of the game disc. :mad:

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']This deal is awesome, I picked up a nice haul:

God Hand (perfect condition)
Shining Force Neo (perfect condition)
Tales of the Abyss (gutted completely except for a copy of the box art on the front)
Haunting Ground (missing manual)
Manhunt 2 (perfect condition)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (missing manual)
Romancing Saga (perfect condition)
Ys: Ark of Naphastim (perfect condition)
Metroid Prime 2 (perfect condition)
Mario Party 7 (perfect condition)
Drakengard 2 (perfect condition)
Final Fantasy XII (perfect condition)
Samurai Western (perfect condition)

Ya, I'm gonna check to see if there are Hollywood Video's in the area tomorrow, I'm hoping for a nice haul if I do :)

Oh, and this deal only applies to Hollywood Video's without a Gamecrazy.[/quote]

Aren't all these used games on sale basically ex-rentals?? (meaning that the condition generally speaking is not going to be that great)

[quote name='animemaniac14']whyyy is there ANOTHER thread for this deal?!!!![/quote]

Cause this be Hollywood Video territory, Foo! HWV REPREZENT!! Take yo Movie Gallery threads and get the funk out!

Aaaaaannd cause we were all too stupid to check out the Movie Gallery thread and think to apply it to Hollywood Video...

err, I meant "stoopid"...

[quote name='Access_Denied']Do we have a flyer or something about this? A picture of one? I want some proof before I go.[/quote]

Should check the Movie Gallery thread for as much info as we have. You should know before you go that some people have discovered that their stores may not be participating, and it seems like most stores do not believe they are participating, and some join in the fun after some convincing. If you want a photo or flyer, you may be better off skipping this one, cause it seems quite YMMV from store to store...

I'd say your best bet is to go in with low expectations and if they don't have signs up, ask them to call up the food chain until they speak to a DM or another store manager who has heard of it... But be nice the whole time...

Good luck if you go for it...

[quote name='Access_Denied']Do we have a flyer or something about this? A picture of one? I want some proof before I go.[/QUOTE]

Definitely going on here.Got COD3 and MLB2K8 for 360 for 25 bucks total.The discs were in amazingly good shape,too.

Picked up...

Arc the Lad (PS2) pristine condition
Ghost in the Shell (PS2) pristine condition
Dot Hack Pt 3 (PS2) disc only with some marker on it

All for under $13, can't beat that. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Pck21']Ghost in the Shell (PS2) pristine condition
[/quote]

I actually saw that one at mine and almost grabbed it. Is it a good game? ...and I almost had dot hack vol. 3, but they only sent the store the DVD, not the game :whistle2:(

[quote name='gi60']It's not going on at the store that has gamecrazy attached. I just went to a couple stores here in Socal.[/quote]

Where in SoCal? I'll be checking out one later today.

Ive come from the Hollywood Video.Ive got Killzone, Raiden 3,Street Fighter EX3,Kessen 3,MS Saga:A New Dawn,and Tsugunai Atonement.

Just went to the store in Boonton, NJ. They had no signage and had no clue about the whole deal. Not that it mattered, the selection was terrible and almost none of the available games had original packaging.

I just returned from my local HV, there were no signs about the sale, but when I was looking through the used games one of the workers came very nicely to let me know that all used xbox, gc, and ps2 were 3.99 no matter what the sticker said.
The price came up as the regular full price and they had to apply a bar code (like a coupon) for each game to bring it to 3.99.

I got like 14 games for less than $60, including:
Super SB melee, wind waker, manhunt 2(ps2), halo 2, black, resident evil 4, metroid prime 2.

Ok here were my HV trade ins (bonus and edge added)

PS2
Hot wheels Beat that 9 (12.60) Thanks iO
Mercs 2 18.75 (26.25)
Legend Of Z: TP 14.50 (20.50)
Guitar Hero III 10.50 (14.70)
Wall E 6.75 (9.45)

PS3
Star Wars foce Unleashed 27.25 (38.15)

Infinite Undiscovery 16 (22.40)

Thanks OP.

Picked up the following, 3.99 each

Disk Only
Mercenaries 2 (PS2)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (PS2)
Lego Indiana Jones (PS2)

Complete
Mario Party 7 (Gamecube)

Saw a ton of other games, and was tempted to horde a bit, but I held back.

Hardly any advertising for the sale. Just a sign that was easy to miss if you weren't looking for it.

found a marvel vs capcom 2 ps2..bought it to discover a capcom vol 2 disc in case... doh..but got tons of other good stuff

I just bought "The Legend Of Zelda Collector's Edition" for 23$ form GameStop (with coupons). I hope I can find it at an HV so i can get my money back from GameStop.

Damnit all! Another no go from another store. After getting games from 1 place this afternoon, I thought I'd drive to another one. I bring a few games to the front and tell them about the sale and they tried to push the 3 for $33 off on me. I'm like "uhh no, should be 4 bucks. check the bar codes you have there." There was nothing there she said. Then I tell her to call the other store. After like 10 minutes on the phone, she brings back this book and shows me the $3.99 deal. I'm like YES! That's it! She then shows me (after my hopes were up) that the deal doesn't start until November 24th!!! I'm thinking, just great.

Before all this happened, she goes on to say that someone called one of their other stores to find out about this deal (probably me) and they called this store to warn about this "non-existant" sale. Out of 4 stores in my area, 2 of them won't honor this sale. Complete BS!!

So yeah, once all the games are cleaned out at most of these stores, the REAL sale will be all crappy games on November 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back