Holy crud, Stella Deus is releasing this week...

Starky27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Looks like I was wrong Drakken... ;)

Now just to finish SH: Covenant so I can start SD before something else draws my attention...

Hell yeah! spent my Phantom dust rebate on it. can't wait to get around to it, if ever.

I'll pick it up eventually (hey, that rebate idea doesn't sound bad, I dunno what else to use it on), but I ain't sure I need another life sucking level-up fest Strategy RPG. Does this have enough to distinguish it from Disgaea, etc? It does look gorgeous tho...I'll probably wait to see how Atlier Iris turns out.

Yikes! I just saw a press release at Atlus' website that it was shipped today, and Gamespot has it listed as being in stock. Crazy...Atlus really needs to work on their advertising.

[quote name='humidore']I'll pick it up eventually (hey, that rebate idea doesn't sound bad, I dunno what else to use it on), but I ain't sure I need another life sucking level-up fest Strategy RPG. Does this have enough to distinguish it from Disgaea, etc? It does look gorgeous tho...I'll probably wait to see how Atlier Iris turns out.[/QUOTE]

It's a psuedo-sequel to Hoshigami, so if you enjoyed that SRPG you should enjoy this...

Yeah I'm surprised too. I could've sworn reading that this game was getting pushed back 2 weeks and was going to be out before E3 but hey I'm not complaining.

[quote name='Starky27']It's a psuedo-sequel to Hoshigami, so if you enjoyed that SRPG you should enjoy this...[/QUOTE]

I never picked that up cause I heard it was more annoyingly hard, than just plain hard (and I was out of the country, so...). But I read on 1UP.com that this is more lenient and "fixed up". I'm guessing this'll get good reviews, since most SRPG's get 7-8's nowadays...

[quote name='Run4Fun']Yikes! I just saw a press release at Atlus' website that it was shipped today, and Gamespot has it listed as being in stock. Crazy...Atlus really needs to work on their advertising.[/QUOTE]

Very true, I don't get why some of these smaller companies won't put a few extra bucks into advertising.

[quote name='Starky27']It's a psuedo-sequel to Hoshigami, so if you enjoyed that SRPG you should enjoy this...[/QUOTE]

Mentioning Hoshigami will not get more people excited about the game.

[quote name='Apossum']Very true, I don't get why some of these smaller companies won't put a few extra bucks into advertising.[/QUOTE]

It's not worth it to them because their solid fan base knows when the games are being released or always keep up with the info. Advertising is expensive and it's probably not worth since only hardcore gamers will be buying these games anyways.

[quote name='kill3r7']It's not worth it to them because their solid fan base knows when the games are being released or always keep up with the info. Advertising is expensive and it's probably not worth since only hardcore gamers will be buying these games anyways.[/QUOTE]

^^ Good point kill3r7. I'm holding off to see if I get a bonus next week :pray: and if it gets good reviews.

The soundtrack is phenominal. It sounds like Final Fantasy Tactics 2.0. I will be scheduling a playing of the whole OST on Game Sounds very shortly and will advise when it will be getting played

Dave

[quote name='JEKKI']where the blood is Magalia CA??

I have never heard of dat city before, is it in the north?[/QUOTE]

yes. If you want i can named at least a dozen places in northen ca that you never heard of.

[quote name='Apossum']Very true, I don't get why some of these smaller companies won't put a few extra bucks into advertising.[/QUOTE]

You might want to consider the relationship between 'smaller company' and 'lack of marketing funds.'

This game does suffer from the same drudgery of Hoshigami in that you have to continuously level up your characters. You'll come to a point where you are very powerful compared to the rest of the enemies. The game doesn't auto-adjust the difficulty to make it a fair match, so uhh... watch out.

[quote name='62t']yes. If you want i can named at least a dozen places in northen ca that you never heard of.[/QUOTE]
u mean like Oakland??

nah Ive already hard of oakland...

[quote name='MightySlacker']I will be playing the FULL Stella Deus OST on Sunday May 1 and Tuesday May 3 at 6 PM Pacific, 9 PM EST, and an encore at 9 PM Pacific, Midnight EST. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

You can go here http://www.live365.com/stations/mightyslacker or click my sig.

For more info on the station: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46558

Dave[/QUOTE]

I wish I had seen this sooner :(...I reallyl love my FF Tactics soundtrack, and can't wait to hear more from Sakimoto.

Looks like an outstanding game--- I want to hear some impressions of it, considering that I doubt my local blockbuster would be carrying such a game (they have 40 copies of Mafia, but no Nippon Ichi SRPGS).

I was completely shocked to see Stella Deus on sale when I stopped by gamestop on Wednesday. For some reason I was convinced it wasn't going to be released until June or July. I didn't pick it up, I'm still new to the strat RPG genre. So I want to wait to hear what others think of it and read a few reviews before I drop $50.

I'll agree with others in that there is simply no point for Altus to advertise Stella deus. Strat RPG's are far from mainstream. The only people who are interested in buying them are usually aware what is being released and when.

[quote name='legendarypegasus']

I'll agree with others in that there is simply no point for Altus to advertise Stella deus. Strat RPG's are far from mainstream. The only people who are interested in buying them are usually aware what is being released and when.[/QUOTE]

no point.....other than to get more people to buy them. ;) There are always more fans to be had. a few ads in a few magazines and maybe a little PR, like interviews, couldn't hurt. better than keeping it a secret.

Just got the game, and it's great thus far. Music is great, though I haven't encountered a track that Rivals those in FFTactics yet, and the gameplay feels perfectly Nostalgic.

looks sweet... though I have declared myself on an "anti-rpg" marathon for the past 3 years... I will eventually get back to them once I find a point in time where there are no other games comming out that I want. Though, this game looks very sweet. The art style is amazing.

This game is going to be extremely rare since it's already hard to find in stores. My only option right now is to buy it online cause my GS and Eb stores are sold out already. They only got a few copies and apperantly people have been buying them.

its kinda premature to be declaring things rare isnt it? Things seldomly become rare these days like they did in days of old.

-Who knows, maybe the intial shipment sent to stores was low, there could be a second shipment on the way.
-The production number may be low, but we dont yet know what the long term demand actually is.

MightySlacker's playing the OST on GameSounds.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46558

[quote name='MightySlacker']Since Stella MOTHERfuckING Deus was just shipped to retailers, GameSounds will be playing the official Stella Deus OST complete and in order on Sunday May 1st, and Tuesday May 3 (release day YAY!). The OST will play at 6 PM Pacific, 9 EST, and have an encore at 9 PM Pacific, Midnight EST on both days. The OST is 42 tracks clocking in at 59:57[/QUOTE]

I caught it last night and it was the last little nudge I needed. Went ahead and ordered the game from Outpost. I highly recommend tuning in on Tuesday if you enjoyed FF Tactics music. It's very much in the same league.

The Store availability checker at Gamestop.com and EB.com both have them in stock at almost every place within 200 miles of here. You must be unlucky

[quote name='62t']hehe no one realize the person who did the stella deus soundtrack did the same for FFT?[/QUOTE]

If you had actually clicked the link and read through you would find...

[quote name='MightySlacker']It's done by Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata, who happened to do some game called Final Fantasy Tactics. And the music is so similiar that I've been calling it FFT 2.0. The only prob I have with the OST itself is that the tracks arent looped, meaning short songs (42 on 1 CD), but the actual music is really great.[/QUOTE]

...that yes, we do know it's the same team. That doesn't automatically mean it would be good though. Just because something goes right before doesn't mean it will again. Otherwise every single sequel, sophomore album, book, etc. would automatically be "teh best thang evar!1!!" I was just saying that, for fans of the FFT soundtrack, this should not dissapoint.

As soon as I finish the rest of the RPGs I have to play, I am picking this one up. My only worry is that it might disappear by the time that happens.

[quote name='dd_mcdoodle']As soon as I finish the rest of the RPGs I have to play, I am picking this one up. My only worry is that it might disappear by the time that happens.[/QUOTE]

Pick it up now, if you have the money.

I just got Digital Devil Saga today, but I'm picking up Stella Deus to play in the future, because I don't want to hunt down a copy when I get around to playing it.

Hell, it was hard enough trying to hunt down a copy now, and the game just came out.

I picked it up yesterday at full price. I haven't paid full price for a game since Phantom Brave but I couldn't resist. :)

So far I've been enjoying the greater emphasis on strategy compared to other SPRG's I've played. The only recent game that is even close is Front Mission 4. I haven't had to spend much time powerleveling yet but we'll see what happens later. Once I get farther in I'll actually have something worth posting. I've been trying to squeeze in time for this game between work and everything else.

If you're considering buying this game and had any questions just post in this thread. I'll be checking in periodically. I'm kinda surprised there isn't more talk about this.

bread's done
Back