Home Run Derby! Season Winners Announced!

Week 8 Picks:

1. Alex Rodriguez - NYY
2. Albert Pujols - STL
3. Dan Uggla - FLA
4. Ryan Braun - MIL
5. Hideki Matsui - NYY

Tiebreaker: 54

Week 8:

Ryan Howard - PHI
Victor Martinez - CLE
Jason Bay - PIT
Aramis Rameriz - CHC
Khalil Greene - SD

Tiebreaker: 51

Went for a few gut feeling picks this week, hope it pans out.

1. Corey Hart - MIL
2. Ryan Howard - PHI
3. Carlos Beltran - NYM
4. David Wright - NYM
5. Miguel Cabrera - FLA

Tiebreaker: 48

i can't believe i missed last week!

anyway:

David Wright - NYM
Ryan Howard - PHI
Miguel Cabrera - FLA
Carlos Lee - HOU
Paul Konerko - CWS

Tie: 49

Week 8

1. Justin Morneau - Twins
2. Ryan Howard - Phillies
3. Manny Ramirez - Red Sox
4. Andruw Jones - Braves
5. Jim Thome - White Sox

Tiebreaker - 43

1.Alex Rodriguez - NYY
2. Ken Griffey Jr. - CIN
3. Paul Konerko - CHW
4. Alex Rios - TOR
5. Barry Bonds - SFO

TIEBREAKER- 53

cool...and glad i checked the schedule this week to see the mets have a doubleheader ...and even though i want the mets to win i dont want to see Beltran come back yet;) hopefully he takes the weekend off

[quote name='Jedi1979']cool...and glad i checked the schedule this week to see the mets have a doubleheader ...and even though i want the mets to win i dont want to see Beltran come back yet;) hopefully he takes the weekend off[/quote]

uh-oh...

damn I was going to take delgado over david wright. Would have added 1 more HR on to my total. Which is only at 1 right now. :whistle2:(

[quote name='mr ryles']damn I was going to take delgado over david wright. Would have added 1 more HR on to my total. Which is only at 1 right now. :whistle2:([/quote]
I would have replaced Delgado with Beltran had I known Beltran was on the DL. :bomb: At least Matsui homered so I'm glad I put him in at the last minute. I originally had Manny but my list was identical (didn't do it on purpose) with the guy above me so I chose Matsui instead.

[quote name='Kendro']I would have replaced Delgado with Beltran had I known Beltran was on the DL. :bomb: At least Matsui homered so I'm glad I put him in at the last minute. I originally had Manny but my list was identical (didn't do it on purpose) with the guy above me so I chose Matsui instead.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was not aware of that either. :cry:

1. There's a list on the first page with prizes to choose from should you win.
2. The tiebreaker is to determine a winner if there's a tie.

[quote name='zellers94']how does the tie breaker determine the winner? does someone choose a #?[/QUOTE]

Arlight, lets say you and another member both got X HRs this weekend. The decision for a winner goes to the number of RBIs hit by your team. If you both have the same number of RBIs, then it goes to the tie breaker, which is based on the number of HRs hit this weekend. Lets say Y number of HRs were hit this weekend. You chose a number that was 7 higher, Y+7, while the other person chose 5 higher, Y+5. Since their number was closer, they win.

To my knoledge, the tiebreaker hasnt been used yet. Its been close with RBIs, I believe there was a multiple way tie and the RBIs were off by one.

[quote name='wyldmojo']yah i think im sitting pretty with 4 HRs
holiday manny and matsui :D[/quote]

You're lucky that the blind umpires in Cincinnatti missed that Soriano homer on sunday or you would have had a fight on your hands. But, since they did miss it, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

WEEK #8

We have a winner folks!

Congrats to wyldmojo!!! Our Week #8 winner with 4 HOMERS!!!!

Official Results:

WEEK #8 FINAL STANDINGS:

4 HR - Wyldmojo
3 HR - Tuffcookie, smaaug, JohnnyDrama, EXStrike, Supreme, xplode427, nyquil, visc
2 HR - csidegamer, Mr Ryles, Basketcase1080, Link927, Danimal, Random NPC, Huskerfan31, neudog, mattatskul,
1 HR - Briansraregames, nsdcx, donaldtrunk, Blade, Nikelecious91, Cow_tipper, gamcreator, gamerSDP, Kendro, Jedi1979
0 HR - The Rest of You Guys

[quote name='cleaver']Prince Fielder
Albert Pujols
Carlos Beltran
David Wright
Ryan Braun

Tiebreaker: 46 HRs[/QUOTE]
I had the wrong 5 listed in the thread's 1st post, my team only hit 1 though

Week #9 is now open so get your teams in as soon as possible!

I've also added a few more prizes to the pool, nothing amazing, but hopefully something worth playing for!

Week 9

1) Alex Rodriquez - NYY
2) Miguel Cabrera - FLA
3) Chipper Jones - ATL
4) Miguel Tejada - BAL
5) Brandon Phillips - CIN

Tiebreaker - 45

Oh man, what is that smell? Oh. I suppose it's the giant goose egg I laid this week -_-. Ok, I think it's time for a new draft. 1st up, from the home team, I'm gonna go with Chris Young - ARZ. From the big boys, I'll take Prince Fielder - MIL. From the runners-up, gimme Ryan Howard - PHI. And now for a pick from the AL: Jermaine Dye - CHW. Aaand last, but not least, from the NL: Carlos Lee - HOU. For my tiebreaker, I choose number 16.

So to summarize:
1. Prince Fielder - MIL
2. Ryan Howard - PHI
3. Chris Young - ARZ
4. Jermaine Dye - CHW
5. Carlos Lee - HOU
TB: 16

So, to quote Beck: "Things are gonna change, I can feel it!"

Week 9

Alex Rodriguez - NYY
David Wright - NYM
Vlad Guerrero - LAA