Home Run Derby! Season Winners Announced!

Only 2 teams that have both a-rod and david wright. But no one else got any homers on their team. So I think the lead as of today is at 4 homers.

But I could be wrong, those are just my quick glances.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']no offense to the op but arent a lot of the teams for this week going against the rules... I see like 3 people alone that have 2 yelow players (arod and ryan howard) as well as some people that have more than 2 blue players as well as a yellow (nyquil)[/quote]

Those are new lists and will go into effect for week #11.

[quote name='briansraregames']Those are new lists and will go into effect for week #11.[/QUOTE]

gotcha, figured i mustve missed something...

but still wouldnt nquils team have 2 restricted blues (pena and howard) and a yellow fielder?

[quote name='briansraregames']Those are new lists and will go into effect for week #11.[/QUOTE]
Either way Nyquil still has 3 players on his team that have always been on the list

Carlos Pena
Prince Fielder
Ryan Howard

Those 3 have always been on the top 10 list. So just saying his team should be invalid this week.

[quote name='mr ryles']Either way Nyquil still has 3 players on his team that have always been on the list

Carlos Pena
Prince Fielder
Ryan Howard

Those 3 have always been on the top 10 list. So just saying his team should be invalid this week.[/QUOTE]

yea.. he had the similar team last week and the post said edits needed in the initial post. So he "knows"??

oh poop you guys are right. i thought the thing looked funny. i swear ryan howard was a yellow when the list was made and carlos pena wasn't even on the list. whatever brian chooses to do i accept his decision. last week i had 1 yellow and two blue but brian caught my mistake before the games began. so in all fairness of this contest count me out for this week or my suggestion is to take away which ever player hits the most home runs out of howard or fielder since i had two yellow players (so that i work with a team of 4 that has 1 blue and 1 yellow). or go with whatever brian says.

Wow, I hadn't even noticed the change in the restricted lists, and I've been diligently checking them every week (except, obviously, this week :oops: ) I went with Howard and Cabrera last week when they were both in the blue list, and since they both went deep for me last weekend, I guess I just repeated them without even checking.

I'll be back to checking closely next week. Not that it matters; it seems like every week I'm 3 or 4 HRs off the lead by Saturday night anyway. :lol:

[quote name='Nyquil']oh poop you guys are right. i thought the thing looked funny. i swear ryan howard was a yellow when the list was made and carlos pena wasn't even on the list. whatever brian chooses to do i accept his decision. last week i had 1 yellow and two blue but brian caught my mistake before the games began. so in all fairness of this contest count me out for this week or my suggestion is to take away which ever player hits the most home runs out of howard or fielder since i had two yellow players (so that i work with a team of 4 that has 1 blue and 1 yellow). or go with whatever brian says.[/quote]
Yeah, this is what we'll do: Of the two blue players on Nyquil's team (Howard, Pena) the player with the most HRs will not count...this is what I did last week for a player, so we'll go with that method again. Sorry I missed it guys.

EDIT:

I just looked over the team list for this week and everybody else looks ok.

ya today was a pretty lackluster HR day. Unless you had Maglio Ordonez. He was about todays only big winner.

Moises Alou went yard twice today, he did the same thing last week, just something to think about when picking next weeks team.

[quote name='mr ryles']also just notice Brian Giles hit 4 homers this weekend. 2 yesterday and 2 today. :applause:[/quote]

If only I had a team of Brians instead of Ryans...:cry:

I'm confused about the new list, the first yellow list has Griffey Jr, but on the second list he is on the blue list, same with Justin Morneau.

[quote name='zerowing']I'm confused about the new list, the first yellow list has Griffey Jr, but on the second list he is on the blue list, same with Justin Morneau.[/QUOTE]

I think he just forgot to change that list.

Anyone end up with 5 HR's? I got 4, all where from yesterday though. Ryan howard was about the only one to hit one that was on most peoples list.

[quote name='mr ryles']I think he just forgot to change that list.

Anyone end up with 5 HR's? I got 4, all where from yesterday though. Ryan howard was about the only one to hit one that was on most peoples list.[/quote]

I got 4 total

ALEX RODRIGUEZ - NYY - 2 Sat 0 Sun
RYAN HOWARD - PHI - 0 Sat 1 Sun
Carlos Lee - HOU - 0 Sat 0 Sun
Mark Teixiera - ATL - 0 Sat 0 Sun
Ryan Braun - MIL - 1 Sat 0 Sun
Total - 4 HRs

ALEX RODRIGUEZ - NYY - 4 Sat 0 Sun
RYAN HOWARD - PHI - 0 Sat 3 Sun
Carlos Lee - HOU - 2 Sat 0 Sun
Mark Teixiera - ATL - 1 Sat 0 Sun
Ryan Braun - MIL - 4 Sat 0 Sun
Total - 14 RBIs

Trying to make it easy for ya

[quote name='zerowing']ALEX RODRIGUEZ - NYY
RYAN HOWARD - PHI
Carlos Lee - HOU
Mark Teixiera - ATL
Ryan Braun - MIL

total HRs: 40
[/QUOTE]
That's the same as my team.

Week #10 We have a winner folks!

Congrats to Cleaver!!! Our Week #10 winner with 4 HOMERS, 14 RBI, and a winning tiebreaker guess (guessed 44, there were 66 this week)!!!!

It was a very interesting week...we had a 7 way tie for first, this was the first week that the tiebreaker came into play, and the first two-time winner of the year!

Official Results:

WEEK #10 FINAL STANDINGS:

4 HR - Cleaver (won 7 way tie with 14 RBI and a winning tiebreaker), csidegamer, Mr Ryles, happyorangeman, gamcreator, kendro, zerowing
3 HR - crittbeast, cow_tipper, dicerion, johnnydrama, randomNPC, Kaw, nyyanksfan20, unicron129, bluffington
2 HR - briansraregames, idontknow69, Danimal, EXStrike, PackAttack, Huskerfan31, Foladar, Lapperscrapper, GamerSDP, Nyquil (-1 for ineligible team), crzyboy88, jobbercho, amilcarsanchez, Flyersfan, Basketcase1080, uagent, WiiNet, visc
1 HR -donaldtrunk, link927, smellhasreturned, mikelecious91, supreme, ritchardf
0 HR - xbltheshadow, wyldmojo, Tuffcookie, NorthX08

Please be sure to double check your scores and make sure that I calculated them correctly. If there are any errors, please let me know ASAP as the week 10 team list will be deleted tomorrow night!

Well we had the same team so in essence it was a tie, but I guess it was my fault and I think I would've passed the prize on to cleaver if I did win on the 3rd tiebreak, just seems right.

My entry:

ALEX RODRIGUEZ - NYY
GARY SHEFFIELD - DET
David Ortiz - Boston
Magglio Ordonez - Detroit
Hideki Matsui - NYY

Tie Breaker

Week 11 Picks:

1. Miguel Cabrera - FLA
2. Albert Pujols - STL
3. Magglio Ordonez - DET
4. Ryan Braun - MIL
5. Alex Gordon - KC

Tiebreaker: 54

Week 11:

Alex Rodriguez-NYY
Miguel Tejada-BAL
Carlos Beltran-NYM
Hideki Matsui-NYY
Grady Sizemore-CLE

tie breaker-38

WEEK 11

ALEX RODRIGUEZ - NYY
MIGUEL CABRERA - FLA
BARRY BONDS - SF
Magglio Ordonez - Detroit
David Ortiz - Boston

TIEBREAKER 48

Week 11:

Alex Rodriguez - NYY
Ryan Braun - MIL
Mark Teixeira - ATL
Matt Holliday - COL
David Ortiz - BOS

Tiebreaker: 43

I'll resist the tide of adding A-Rod, and give my team another go, they seem to be rather consistent, and I like that:
Prince Fielder - MIL
Ryan Howard - PHI
Chris Young - ARZ
Jermaine Dye - CWS
Carlos Lee - HOU
TB 16

:O i forgot about this!

Week 11:
Prince Feilder
Barry Bonds
Magglio Ordonez
Lance Berkman