Homerun Derby Playoff Edition! Round #2 teams posted

Sorry zerowing, don't know how I missed you being in the chase, too. Actually, going by postseason track records, there's probably a better chance of Jeter hitting 2 than A-Rod hitting one.

GOD DAMN GAY-ROD!!! WAS EVEN PLANNING ON PAYPALING BRIANSRARE 15 DOLLARS TO COVER SHIPPING /WHATEVER RANDOM SHIT HE SENT ME!!! CAN U GUESS WHAT MY PICK WOULDVE BEEN!!!??!?!?! I WILL BE A LOSER ALWAYS, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYAYYYYYYAYATAYSAYAYERYDF PIssed CUZ I just GOt A 60 epercent on my COPST MANAGEMENT TEST!!!! LAMAMAMAAMAMAMMAEZOR

Damn Yanks out and no Jeter HRs, I am sad

not sure if you're doing round 2 but if you are my 2 picks are Matt Holliday and David Ortiz

Wow, I'm still a little stunned that I won in Round 1.

Since that makes me ineligible for Round 2, I'll just say good luck everybody.

I know i played in a few of these the second half of the season, but the thing shows me doing nothing after week 8...If i am allowed in, i will make picks.

[quote name='nikelecious91']Oh wow Visc has the same team as me...guess I gotta change mines since he got it first.

Chris Young - ARI
Kazuo Matsui - COL[/quote]

Everybody has the same team as everybody...oritz, holliday :cry:

[quote name='briansraregames']Everybody has the same team as everybody...oritz, holliday :cry:[/quote]

For the record, I chose those two because I'm a Sox fan; and Varitek, Youklis, and Drew aren't really known for their homers or I'd have taken one of them.

Still though, if I ended up with an all Boston lineup...especially after being stuck with a Yankee last time ;)

David Oritz
Matt Holiday

as much as it pains me to pick the same team as pretty much everyone else, i think these two are pretty much will play a factor. and besides it will come down to the random players added. i think they will decide who wins.

Hmm...

1 of my random players was 1 of the main guys I picked. Chris Young shows up on my list twice now! Do I get double the homers if he hits 1?

I think conor jackson is the d-backs starting 1B i am not too sure about it. it may be a plantoon between him and clark, but don't want to have a bench player again >.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']yeah I'd just like to know how this random process was done? a program? assign all players numbers and randomly choose 3 numbers?[/quote]

I used http://www.random.org/integers

i assigned each of the four teams a number from one to four (1 BOS, 2 CLE, 3 ARI, 4 COL) and then got 51 random numbers.

I then did another 51 number draw with the numbers 1-9 to determine the position (1 DH, 2 C, 3 1B, etc...) if an NL team got #1, they instead received the #3 position (which was randomly drawn as well.)

When it came to platoons, specifically the Clark/Jackson platoon for ARI, I simply alternated players so some got Clark some got Jackson (and sorry nyyanksfan20, some got both.)

If a player drew a player that they had already picked for their two, that pick was re-drawn.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']good to see that practically everyone gets decent players for random and i get absolute junk.... sigh.[/quote]

I actually think you have a good shot all three of those guys can hit them out, Plus you're the only one with Upton and Atkins...we shall see.

11. csidegamer

Steven Drew AZ
Matt Holiday COL
Casey Blake - CLE
Augie Ojeda - ARI
Ryan Spilborghs - COL

I had to get Augie Ojeda. Damn ex-cub, had to shine during the NLDS.

I HATE AUGIE OJEDA!

It doesn't seem like a player on my team, Ryan Garko-CLE is even playing, is it possible to get this switched?

[quote name='Dicerion']It doesn't seem like a player on my team, Ryan Garko-CLE is even playing, is it possible to get this switched?[/quote]

He's their starting first baseman. He only sits when Paul Byrd is pitching.

[quote name='Supreme']He's their starting first baseman. He only sits when Paul Byrd is pitching.[/quote]

Oh ok nvm than, thanks for the info.

[quote name='zerowing']6 with Sizemore, Ortiz, and Manny still playing at least 1 more game.[/QUOTE]

dang i didn't see you had manny >.< i just need jason v. to hit 1 more than manny >.>

[quote name='zerowing']6 with Sizemore, Ortiz, and Manny still playing at least 1 more game.[/QUOTE]
Damn that Willy Tavares. Nearly 1500 ABs, six career homers, and I somehow get him outta everyone .. lol

bread's done
Back