Hooray, I finally maxed out GGT #33's Social Link!

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I started UT3, and I'm actually really enjoying it. Has anyone else started playing it?[/QUOTE]
Yep! Have you downloaded some of the character mods yet?

Whoops!

Yeah, I think it came out in March. It uses the XMB style like you said, and you can sync it to the slim. Its pretty damn cool being able to control Blus with it. I know there's a way to shut down the PS3 from the remote, just haven't looked into it yet.

Costco has it on sale for 1700, which is pretty damn good considering Best Buy sells it for 2700 and Sony sells it for 2500.

It's my understanding that the NX is about connectivity, but the HX is all about the picture, while the LX has all the features. I guess the NX and LX can do stuff like YouTube, but mine does Netflix and that's good enough.

Yeah my roommates from college are still some of my best friends. It's really a random kind of thing though when you get paired up. I hated my first set of roommates - the one failed out the first year and did nothing but smoke weed and play mario 3.

My 2nd year roommates stuck the rest of college and we had a great time.

But, if you have your own place I imagine it's much easier to bring the ladies home. It was always awkward/impossible to have the gf overnight with roommates. But that's what hotels are for, right?

Fighting that huge monster on the bridge in the train was pretty cool in singularity. Reminded me of Resistance 2 but good. The Time Bubble is my favorite in that game. Also the impulse that rips dudes arms and heads off. Good, shallow, action fun. Nice to play a game that doesn't try to be art sometimes.

damnit... a Bestbuy a few towns over still has copies of the SC2 LE.I Guess I'll be taking a ride that way later today...

I'd be more than happy to never experience the real genuine colllege experience, sounds utterly horrible. Haning out at my friends house with his College douche roomates was more than enough for me. No way could I do that 24/7.

I was a non-roommate guy. Still am! College was boring for me as far as social life goes, which I did to myself because I just wanted to focus on school. but my years before and now my time after is a lot more exciting. I owe it all to not being married, I guess. :lol:

I went to a boring-ass school anyway. Most of the people there were farm-folk, so they were barely people to begin with. Even though law school's gonna be hella work, I'm hoping it's at least more interesting from a social perspective than my undergrad. was. I should probably focus on picking up undergrads with the "I'm a law student" line.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']DarkSector singeplayer>>>>Gears of War singleplayer

College is for uppity $$$s[/QUOTE]

retardedSuperman.jpg

Eh, it's the new high school anyway. Especially in this economy, where a lot of people end up working retail after college. That's downright depressing. Frankly, I don't feel like I learned anything particularly interesting in either of my two majors, and I'm sure as hell not ready to hold any sort of meaningful employment.

[quote name='Chacrana']Eh, it's the new high school anyway. Especially in this economy, where a lot of people end up working retail after college. That's downright depressing. Frankly, I don't feel like I learned anything particularly interesting in either of my two majors, and I'm sure as hell not ready to hold any sort of meaningful employment.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you something you can hold.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']

I'm taking some classes this fall, should be fun.[/QUOTE]

Fo real fo real? Good choice, actually.

And anyway, I'm convinced that with most majors, the only reason you should bother going to college is if you're going to grad school. That's where the $$$ is at, as well as the posh jobs that let you tell people wassup.

[quote name='Chacrana']Fo real fo real? Good choice, actually.

And anyway, I'm convinced that with most majors, the only reason you should bother going to college is if you're going to grad school. That's where the $$$ is at, as well as the posh jobs that let you tell people wassup.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your field and how good you are at what you do.
I wasn't top of my class, but I came out of school with a job offer that started out over 50k/year.
Most of the people I went to high school are working 2-3 jobs and probably clearing 40k if they're lucky.

I'm glad I went to college. I'm paid a lot more at my job than if I hadn't.

Although I will say I learned more in one year of grad school than 4 years of college.

I mean, I ain't sayin' I regret going to college or nothin', but it's a little galling just how worthless that degree actually is when you think about it.

I got a few job offers with generous pay, but they were all for insurance companies... and yeah, I'm not wasting my life on insurance. The plan was always to go to law school anyway, so it was mildly amusing to see what offers I got even though I wasn't going to take them.

[quote name='Chacrana']I mean, I ain't sayin' I regret going to college or nothin', but it's a little galling just how worthless that degree actually is when you think about it.

I got a few job offers with generous pay, but they were all for insurance companies... and yeah, I'm not wasting my life on insurance. The plan was always to go to law school anyway, so it was mildly amusing to see what offers I got even though I wasn't going to take them.[/QUOTE]

What's your normal degree in?

double major in econ. and finance.

Two majors based on educated guesses :lol:

But I was a good student, despite how dumb I tend to act.

Ahh... I went technology myself... probably why I ended up decent.

--

What characters did everyone hate in FF13? I can see why everyone loathes Vanille. Hope is bad at times, but he's not as bad as impressions lead me to believe. Did someone actually dislike Fang? :( I think she's the bee's knees so far...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Fang is stupid and dirty looking Hope shut the fuck up

I bet frosty is already farther than I am and I bought that game in march[/QUOTE]

Assuming I'm near ch. 8

hmm... you know, I think I'm gonna buy the Chinese version of FFXIII. I really liked the game, and I wanna have the original VAs. And because I'm a weeaboo, obvi.

I hated Dajh. He looked like a damn cabbage patch doll.

260px-Dajh.jpg

Done with the Terran campaign in SC1 and moving on to the Zergies.

So I tried playing Tekken on the PSP and it's retarded. Fighting games are no fun with the CPU does twice as much damage as you can with any attack.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']So I tried playing Tekken on the PSP and it's retarded. Fighting games are no fun with the CPU does twice as much damage as you can with any attack.[/QUOTE]

Twice as much damage? I hope you mean "The CPU actually knows BnB combos and I don't."

[quote name='distgfx']Twice as much damage? I hope you mean "The CPU actually knows BnB combos and I don't."[/QUOTE]

What I mean is

I hit the guy, no combo or anything, just one punch, and it does a bit of damage.

Then the guy hits me back, no combo or anything, just one punch, and it takes away a quarter of my life bar.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Did someone actually dislike Fang? :( I think she's the bee's knees so far...[/QUOTE]
A few people did. But I kind of like her so far.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Moms're tuff.[/QUOTE]
Moms're hot...

Yo bros, I'm about to buy a goddamn sofa. Finally! I'm so excited. But what do I do?

Do I get black leather, or dark brown leather??

bread's done
Back