Hori Fighting Stick 3 FS3 for PS3 - back down to $29.99 at GS

xx2541

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I just picked up the Hori FS3 stick for PS3 at Gamestop. The price has universally dropped back down to $29.99 from $39.99 (which dropped from $59.99 when this stick launched).

The Gamestop SKU for this stick is : 802608

Good Luck! :)

Ffffffffff.
Do we know what kind of parts are in this one and/or how easily modable it is? $30 for this is way better than $90 for the HRAP 3, even if that does look bigger and better.

i just picked one up last week, one of the last ones in southern california apparently. anyway, i think it's well worth it for a someone who doesn't intend to go crazy playing sf all day and night (though i would if i could). though i'd rather have the (admittedly higher quality) madcatz fighting stick coming out, this is less than half the price, and i'm sure i actually get to play less than half the time most others do. i don't regret picking it up. though from what i understand, this isn't a stick that's ideal for modding.

shoot....i picked one up a few weeks ago but paid a much higher price because you can't find them anywhere.....one good thing to know is that if you have a bc ps3 you can...i repeat you can now play ps2 software with this stick....i guess they adressed that with some of the patches.....however if you have the "patience of job" (read your bibles heathens) you can just wait and pre-order the tournament edition madcatz controller....that's what i should have done....

[quote name='mythus']lol called 4 gstops and no go. all of them are like, "wtf uhh no". owell =(*[/quote]

If you call GS looking for it make sure you give them the SKU # in the first post. This will avoid confusion on their part when they look it up on their database. Most GS employees are clueless about this stick.

BTW, for the money this stick is WELL worth it.

[quote name='h3ro']Is the 360 version (EX2) also discounted?[/quote]

The 360 EX2 stick is $39.99 at GS. I LOATHE Gamestop, but it's a much better price than Amazon, etc.

I got mine a few months ago and it was a huge pain even then. Area was just about cleaned out of them, drove an hour and got it from under a pile of crap in the corner of a gamestop. I suggest calling ahead

How is the Virtua Fighter 5 stick for 360? I have some credit to use up at GS and they have this one in stock for $40 at the closest GS to me.

[quote name='cdeener']How is the Virtua Fighter 5 stick for 360? I have some credit to use up at GS and they have this one in stock for $40 at the closest GS to me.[/quote]

It's the exact same stick as the Hori EX2 with VF graphics. The quality is good for the price- these hori sticks are very playable and usable. I would grab it as the VF5 sticks are discontinued.

[quote name='xx2541']It's the exact same stick as the Hori EX2 with VF graphics. The quality is good for the price- these hori sticks are very playable and usable. I would grab it as the VF5 sticks are discontinued.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I probablywill go buy it when I get off of work. Funny thing is that I see it every time I go in the store because they have it in the glass case right behind the register.

Now, my only thing is to find out if it will be compatible with SFIV.

[quote name='cdeener']Thanks for the info. I probablywill go buy it when I get off of work. Funny thing is that I see it every time I go in the store because they have it in the glass case right behind the register.

Now, my only thing is to find out if it will be compatible with SFIV.[/QUOTE]

Of course it will be compatible.

Can I get this one or the 360 one to work with either my PS2 or my Original Xbox systems (ie, not playing the old game on the new systems)? Do I have to get an adapter to make this work? Or am I SOL.

Thanks

[quote name='cdeener']How is the Virtua Fighter 5 stick for 360? I have some credit to use up at GS and they have this one in stock for $40 at the closest GS to me.[/QUOTE]

I actually just bought the VF5 stick yesterday. It jut has VF5 stickers which you don't have to put on. It is juts the EX2 stick which is a nice stick. It was $39.99, and is recommended (it is the same stick at the $60 soul calibur and $80 street fighter stick)

[quote name='MotzCTG']I actually just bought the VF5 stick yesterday. It jut has VF5 stickers which you don't have to put on. It is juts the EX2 stick which is a nice stick. It was $39.99, and is recommended (it is the same stick at the $60 soul calibur and $80 street fighter stick)[/QUOTE]
I just was trying to get a stick on the cheap because I don't really play fighting games much. Just to see if I like playing with a stick beter.

[quote name='xx2541']The 360 EX2 stick is $39.99 at GS. I[/quote]

i saw the stick at one near me for $49.99. Is the $39.99 price shown online? Does anyone have ths SKU for it?

Thanks

does anyone have a link to the 360 one? I can't find it on the site, even though I searched for "stick" and "hori"...

Just picked one up at the gamestop in Merrionette Park, IL. $29.99 for this stick is a great deal. Have the fighting stick for the Wii (love Tatsunoko vs Capcom) and it works great.
Funny thing is, I never really gave arcade sticks a chance until two weeks ago. I busted out my DOA 360 Arcade Stick and made myself use it. Needless to say, once I did, I pre-ordered the SFIV Tournament Stick, bought the Wii stick and, now, bought this one.

[quote name='MotzCTG']I actually just bought the VF5 stick yesterday. It jut has VF5 stickers which you don't have to put on. It is juts the EX2 stick which is a nice stick. It was $39.99, and is recommended (it is the same stick at the $60 soul calibur and $80 street fighter stick)[/quote]

It is NOT the same stick as the $80 SF Stick. Hori is doing a SFIV stick in Japan, but it is more along the lines of the PS2 Tekken 5 stick, than the EX2 or FS3.

As for the quality...I'll put it to you this way - for the price, it's a good deal, and a competent stick. The more serious fighting game fans will piss all over it, saying it's not authentic arcade parts, but oh well. I have the EX2, I like it, and I'd love to have one of the new SF IV Mad Catz TE Sticks, but I can't justify spending $150 on one right now.

As for modding, the FS3 and EX2 are a tougher mod than any of the new MC SFIV sticks would be, including the $80 "regular" one, because it requires some dremel work, and more wire/solder work.

[quote name='SDC']Ffffffffff.
Do we know what kind of parts are in this one and/or how easily modable it is? $30 for this is way better than $90 for the HRAP 3, even if that does look bigger and better.[/QUOTE]

Not to upset anyone, but the low end Hori sticks are cheaply made crap. Further still, all of these sticks you see being sold as "new" at Gamestop are actually used sticks that were returned. For anyone serious about owning a good stick the HRAP3 is the best option at $90 Amazon.
For anyone thinking of modding, the HRAP3 and upcoming Street Fighter Mad Catz sticks all use plug in buttons, while the cheapo Hori jobs have the pcb board soldered right to the buttons, making them a bitch to mod. You get what you pay for.

i'll probably end up getting this...and maybe regretting it cuz i'm not the biggest fighting game buff, but its cheap right? hah....

I'm thinking about getting this, but the button layout does look a bit odd (looks like shoulder buttons, then face buttons, then trigger buttons), but I would have to try it out before I can judge it. The only problem is finding one that is close by....

quick question for people that have this stick....when you move the joystick, does it make a "click" noise like the 360 version? If it does, I don't think I will get it, hearing it click many times would be annoying.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I'm thinking about getting this, but the button layout does look a bit odd (looks like shoulder buttons, then face buttons, then trigger buttons), but I would have to try it out before I can judge it. The only problem is finding one that is close by....

quick question for people that have this stick....when you move the joystick, does it make a "click" noise like the 360 version? If it does, I don't think I will get it, hearing it click many times would be annoying.[/quote]
Just remap the buttons in game.

Yes it does make clicks when you move the stick.

mmm just called the gamestop in santa ana and they said that they don't have it even though their website says they do. They said that the website isn't very reliable. Guess i won't be getting one after all...

[quote name='riddler']mmm just called the gamestop in santa ana and they said that they don't have it even though their website says they do. They said that the website isn't very reliable. Guess i won't be getting one after all...[/quote]
In the Gamestops I've seen it at they have it tucked away somewhere. On just had it in a floor display at the end of a row of games till I bought it. The other had it way up above the shelves where I didn't even notice it for several trips of going there specifically to see if they had it. So they may actually have it and have completely forgotten. It may be worth it to check it out anyway if you're in the area and look above the shelves.

Inventory checker isn't 100 percent, 360 stick comes up as in stock at a lot of the stores around me but both calling and visiting to make sure revealed it was out of stock. Ragnorok64 is right though those things are usually crammed somewhere forgotten.

got the last one at the gamestop in the columbia mall in columbia, MD. The stick is great and i have been playing alpha 3 with it on the PC

Grabbed the last one at the Gamestop in Cockeysville, MD (next to Cold Stone). So far, it's about perfect for me. Less money than even the SF4 gamepad. But I also agree that the button placement is bad. The 4 shape buttons in the middle should form a perfect square. But considering I saved $50 over the "cheaper" version of the Mad Catz stick, I will deal.

edit: Also of note, the box was on a rack just above the door to the back room. Very easy to miss.

MjC

i found one of these used a week ago for only $15 at GS. great deal even at $30. i do hate the clicking in the stick though, happy to see that i can probably mod it to make it much better instead of dropping $150 on the street fighter stick

is there the gamestop link for a 360 soul calibur arcade stick? wanna see if there any B&M near-by that has 1, how do you guys find these links when they are outta stock in the online store?

[quote name='Spoon_si']is there the gamestop link for a 360 soul calibur arcade stick? wanna see if there any B&M near-by that has 1, how do you guys find these links when they are outta stock in the online store?[/quote]

Just use google to search gamestops site. gamestop's search feature blows.

Also thanks OP I picked up the last 2 of these in el paso tx (had to go to two 2 different gamestops)

As for the people who say these sticks are crap: take it from a guy who has played over 70 hours of each of the following MvsC, MvsC2, CvS, CvS2, SFA, SFA2, SFA3, SFvX-Men, Tekken 1 2 3 Tag 5, and SF3:TS I tried the sticks last night and they work just fine. if your on the fence about which stick to buy and don't already know the exact reasons for owning the $150 SF tourney stick then this is probably the stick for you.

I picked one of these up at a local Gamestop.

Silly question since the last stick I used was probably the NES Advantage, is the stick supposed to be able to rotate? It's like really loose and whenever I try to move it around it just spins like crazy in my hands.

Other than that the stick is pretty solid and I played a couple of games of SFA3 on it, and while I sucked it up hard, it was great having the 6 buttons where they should be.

Kinda makes me almost want to pick up Soul Caliber again. but I got SF4 coming down the pipe in a couple weeks.

[quote name='ultramanJ']Not to upset anyone, but the low end Hori sticks are cheaply made crap. Further still, all of these sticks you see being sold as "new" at Gamestop are actually used sticks that were returned. For anyone serious about owning a good stick the HRAP3 is the best option at $90 Amazon.
For anyone thinking of modding, the HRAP3 and upcoming Street Fighter Mad Catz sticks all use plug in buttons, while the cheapo Hori jobs have the pcb board soldered right to the buttons, making them a bitch to mod. You get what you pay for.[/quote]

I don't know who would do that but, you can tell if it has been used, by inspecting the contents inside, $30 is a decent price though this stick is given overall a C quality trade.

bread's done
Back