**HOT** GBA Mario Tennis: Power Tour $19.99 at BB $14.99 after GGC B&M and Online

chwang0129

CAGiversary!
Isn't this the first Mario Tennis for GBA?

There was one for the Gameboy Color, but I can't think of a GBA version.

I played this game at the store and it seemed very good. Gameplay wise, it was sort of like a portable version of Mario Tennis for the N64, so thats definitely a good thing. If I didnt have a million other games to play at the moment (including my very own un opended Mari Golf Advance Tour) then I would probably pick this up. If you think Mario and Tennis sound good, then by all means buy it.

[quote name='chargeup45']Is this a price mistake?[/QUOTE]

seems like it is.. although the sticker on the game i purchased says $29.99

Okay so I read up on the GGC option, can it be combined with any other offer? Thats the only thing not talked about in the GGC thread.

Cause in some cases the $10 Launch360 scans would come in more handy.

[quote name='andthegang06']Okay so I read up on the GGC option, can it be combined with any other offer? Thats the only thing not talked about in the GGC thread.

Cause in some cases the $10 Launch360 scans would come in more handy.[/QUOTE]

the Launch360 coupon only works for games $29.99 and up

the GGC works for any games $19.99 and up

so in this case the 360 coupon will not work

[quote name='Rozz']Its doubtful that its a price mistake, as this game isn't selling all that hot.[/QUOTE]

it just came out though.. i don't think it's a price drop

[quote name='Rozz']Its doubtful that its a price mistake, as this game isn't selling all that hot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but this is Nintendo we're talking about, and it is a new release. In any case, its a good game for the money, makes better use of the power shot over the GCN version (I don't like the cutaway "FMV" sequence for every shot).

Confirmed in store. This is a great game. I play it more than the GC version. Too bad is does not link to the GCN version, but just like Mario Golf, this is one of the best handheld sports games made, really, it is that good.

$15 is a great deal, had to get a spare for that price. This will most likely go back to $29.99 next week so get it now.

This is good news, my woman was just saying this game looks fun and she would actually play it (would have eventually gotten it for $20 a/c). $15 is great! I guess Dig Dug DS will have to wait till I get another GGC.

Great deal. I just bought it online with the $25 gift card my brother gave me for Christmas.

Came out to $23.30, so any ideas on the other $1.70 I have left?...if that's possible.

Thanks, that's cheap for a title that just came out. Glad I missed the cc.com sale which was $5 more than this.

Nice, I'll have to check the local BBs to see if any of them have it (and according to the online site, they do). Hopefully, the closest one will have the GGC, but I'll buy it even at $20. I enjoyed the golf one, so I'm pretty sure I'll like this one. Thanks OP!

I knew this was weird. Yesterday at Best Buy, I was buying it and it rang up for $29.99 I'm pretty sure. But then my cashier had problems entering my coupon in, and had to void and restart checking me out, and that time when Mario Tennis rang up, it was only $19.99. It was like a middle of the day random price drop which saved me $10. Needless to say I was very happy.

Just picked it up for $14.99 with the GGC. Can't go wrong for that price. Even though it was marked $29.99 it rang up $19.99. The RPG elements are very Mario Golf Advance... enjoy. Bummer that my BB was out of SSX On Tour for PS2. I'll have to check back another time.
- Ray

Is anyone else having trouble finding a GGC? I've been to 3 different BBs and still can't find any. I knew I should have stocked up...

[quote name='djinni']Is anyone else having trouble finding a GGC? I've been to 3 different BBs and still can't find any. I knew I should have stocked up...[/QUOTE]
Had that problem last week. Might be because of the holidays, they had the place packed with all the holiday gift cards. I ended up asking my cashier about them. Luckily she knew what I was talking about and remembered seeing a stack of them buried on another check-out.

I liked the idea of this game better when it had connectivity with the GCN. Mario Golf for the GBA and GCN was awesome. Mario Tennis for the GBC and N64 was awesome. Separating the two for the GBA and GCN makes me sad...

Stupid local BB either has shitty portable game stock, or they got absolutely ravaged by Christmas shopping (and will hopefully get restocked). I'll have to drive a little bit to bite on this and a few other games.

[quote name='banpeikun']What could GBC do with N64?[/QUOTE]

Using the transfer pak you could load your GBC character to the N64 version. It was sweet ass.

Got it... have yet to play it though. This is my first tennis game since NES days, which is kind of weird because I love playing tennis myself (which actaully could be why I haven't bought any). Connecting with the Gamecube version would have been cool, I've been wanting to get that version as well but refuse to $50 for it. I wonder why Camelot always makes the GBA version deeper than the Gamecube version?

Anyways I had to look through almost every rack of gift cards they had to find the GGC, I only picked up two though.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Picked one up with an old '$5 off PSP' coupon from the PSP launch... thanks![/QUOTE]

lol, how? it's not a PSP game...haha

About those gift cards: Am I supposed to buy the card at the checkout, and then suddenly just use it plus the coupon right there for whatever I'm buying? It just sounds...odd to me, I don't want to look stupid.

[quote name='Supercake']About those gift cards: Am I supposed to buy the card at the checkout, and then suddenly just use it plus the coupon right there for whatever I'm buying? It just sounds...odd to me, I don't want to look stupid.[/QUOTE]

buy the gift card first...then go out the store...come back in then use the coupon on the game

[quote name='Supercake']About those gift cards: Am I supposed to buy the card at the checkout, and then suddenly just use it plus the coupon right there for whatever I'm buying? It just sounds...odd to me, I don't want to look stupid.[/QUOTE]

If there isn't a line, then one can usually just ask to do two separate transactions (buy the GC in transaction one, then use the GC and the card in transaction two). If there is a line, or if the checkout person looks like trouble, just buy the gc, head back to pick up the game, and buy it using the card and coupon (go to a different register if you are paranoid).

I didn't think I'd have to reenter the store to use it, but I can't think of a better way to do it without being awkward. I'll do that then, thanks.

[quote name='swetooth9']buy the gift card first...then go out the store...come back in then use the coupon on the game[/QUOTE]
he said he didn't want to look stupid.

Just buy a few today and buy the game some other day. And when you do just buy another card everytime.

[quote name='guessed']If there isn't a line, then one can usually just ask to do two separate transactions (buy the GC in transaction one, then use the GC and the card in transaction two). If there is a line, or if the checkout person looks like trouble, just buy the gc, head back to pick up the game, and buy it using the card and coupon (go to a different register if you are paranoid).[/QUOTE]

Yep, to get further distance, buy your GC at the service desk, grab the game, pull the coupon, then buy at the regular checkout stand.

I wouldn't worry about what they think. I've done it at BB once or twice and when I go to McDonalds. I buy the certs (for Upromise) then turn around and buy my food with them. 15 cents is 15 cents. ;)

[quote name='DT778']he said he didn't want to look stupid.

Just buy a few today and buy the game some other day. And when you do just buy another card everytime.[/QUOTE]

looking stupid is better than being stupid...why buy it some other day when it will work on the same day...you would waste more gas and more time?

I bought one for $15.89 last night, grabbed this game, gave it to my daughter and let her buy the game with the $15.89 and the coupon.

I bought this for $24.99 after pricematch on December 13. If I take my receipt back to the store can I get some money?

[quote name='ZForce915']Using the transfer pak you could load your GBC character to the N64 version. It was sweet ass.[/QUOTE]

Is it the same thing with Mario Golf, too?

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']I bought this for $24.99 after pricematch on December 13. If I take my receipt back to the store can I get some money?[/QUOTE]

Buy a new copy & return it w/o old receipt (w/o any hassle & it save you $10 instead $5).

The old receipt says right on it "REG 29.99 with 5.00 match competitor's price". It's pretty much going to be $5 or nothing.

Thank's OP. Picked it up yesterday. Haven't really decided if I like the game or not so far though.

[quote name='Ebraum']Thank's OP. Picked it up yesterday. Haven't really decided if I like the game or not so far though.[/QUOTE]

you have to get to the middleish before it gets awesome...too much talking at the beginning to early-middle...

bread's done
Back