HOT!!! - Various Games Clearance at The Source

Thanks for the head's up CAGers' hauled in the following at the Guildford Town Centre Mall location:

- FF: CC
- FF: Tactics Advance
- Boom Blox
- Madden XX Collector's Edition for 360
- Tales of Symphonia Wii
- Star Ocean First Departure
- Final Fantasy IV

overall a decent haul. They had alot of good games on clearance.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Thanks for the head's up CAGers' hauled in the following at the Guildford Town Centre Mall location:

- FF: CC
- FF: Tactics Advance
- Boom Blox
- Madden XX Collector's Edition for 360
- Tales of Symphonia Wii
- Star Ocean First Departure
- Final Fantasy IV

overall a decent haul. They had alot of good games on clearance.[/quote]

What did you pay for FF4? I scanned it a few times and I think it was over $30.

[quote name='danthemightyone']What did you pay for FF4? I scanned it a few times and I think it was over $30.[/QUOTE]

It was 27.99, but for that price, I didn't mind.

went to Vaughan Mills to return FFCC & picked up
PSP Lumines 2 - $10
GBA THUG2 (I think) - 0.96¢!!!
deal of the day!

Lots of stuff there like COD3 & GTA4 for PS3. Lots of current-gen selection.

[quote name='seed84']did you notice if they had any copies of boomblox ?[/quote]

I don't recall seeing it but I wasn't really paying too much attention to the Wii games.

Damn, I hate the people in the area I live in. My Source was picked clean of any game under $30.

All I wanted was Motorstorm and COD3, since those are the only multiplayer enabled games a friend of mine has. Bah.

[quote name='halcyon1234']Damn, I hate the people in the area I live in. My Source was picked clean of any game under $30.

All I wanted was Motorstorm and COD3, since those are the only multiplayer enabled games a friend of mine has. Bah.[/quote]

did you go to the one in hillcrest?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']did you go to the one in hillcrest?[/quote]

Yup. I don't think there are any other ones around. The one at Major Mac & Bayview is closed.

lol i didnt go to that one today cuz i figured that there were alot of hoarders around. and that source is small.... and i really dont know about service cuz i never talked to em...

by any chance, did you see Unreal tornement 3 for the ps3 :)? ( i doubt it..)

EDIT: technically, you hate me.

Bought:

Tales Of The World: Radiant Mythology - $9.94
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow - $9.94
Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World - $29

Also picked up a Gameboy Micro for $50. Really actually dig the thing. Since my DS lite is literally falling apart I need something to play my GBA games on once I pick up a DSi.

Plan on picking up NiGHTS, and Boom Blox tommorrow as well.

Any other good games for Wii on sale?
Same goes for PSP.

As long as your games don't end up on craigslist without a receipt... =)

Nope, no UT there. But I did see a PS3 Unreal Tournament at the EB, same mall. Not sure which version it was, though.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']lol i didnt go to that one today cuz i figured that there were alot of hoarders around. and that source is small.... and i really dont know about service cuz i never talked to em...

by any chance, did you see Unreal tornement 3 for the ps3 :)? ( i doubt it..)

EDIT: technically, you hate me.[/quote]

Yes. Still had the twist tied cable in a clear baggie, 2 extra faceplates, a faceplate remover in an unopened plastic baggie, and a little carry bag. The box was pretty beat-up though. But it was unopened AFAIK since that sticker thing was still intact.

Salesman was like "Dude, this thing has been here for years, thank you for getting this thing out of here...".

The Source doesn't sell used products AFAIK.

[quote name='halcyon1234']As long as your games don't end up on craigslist without a receipt... =)

Nope, no UT there. But I did see a PS3 Unreal Tournament at the EB, same mall. Not sure which version it was, though.[/quote]

huh.. thanks for confirming it.
i might go to the EB there this week or later on... the girl working there was super nice.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ i personally think for 50 bux, it wasn't that good.
i saw a GBA SP used for 24 bux... but still, i don't know how a GBA mirco works :0[/quote]

Couldn't find any SP's in my area that wasn't at a shoddy [read as pawn shop] retailer. But after my DS lite fiasco, not sure if I trust the clamshell design (And yet I'm going to buy a DSi...).

lol! too bad they took out the GBA playing ability. i was ganna buy it but then i realized that i prefer GBA games then DS games. did you try out the Micro yet?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']lol! too bad they took out the GBA playing ability. i was ganna buy it but then i realized that i prefer GBA games then DS games. did you try out the Micro yet?[/quote]

Same, only really buying a DSi for the hopes that one day Nintendo allows the DSiWare store to have downloads of GB/GBC/GBA games, but until then I have my Micro. And to play my decent sized DS collection, since my lite is toast.

Which I have tried it out yet, it's super tiny, but I really like it. My right thumb covers the speaker so audio gets muffled, but GBA games audio isn't what I'd call a masterpiece. The screen is nicely lit, and looks quite crisp. Really liking it. Think I might actually marathon a Pokemon game, or something...

Also, unrelated, but I picked up Soul Calibur II for Gamecube at EB Games for $10 used. It's awesome. I like it better then III, and IV. No one cares about Legends...

im just ganna pick up a DSL i guess....
i never saw a Micro in person :p lol

oohh.... you got ripped off bro, i got it for 4.99 -10%

but it was the ps2 version.. so no Link .

Link truly makes the difference. No character from Tekken can replace him. But seriously, Tekken, Namco Bandai? Jeeze, couldn't you get a first party character for each version? Or atleast a character that isn't owned by your company?

i hear Link is a cheap character :p
...t...tekken?.....

oh shi-
i forgot to even play Tekken 3 for Ps1..... geez... thanks alot, now i gotta finish that game :p

[quote name='Bencherstyle']i hear Link is a cheap character :p
[/quote]

This is Cheap Ass Gamer afterall :lol:

//Thread Derailed//

Which reminds me, I've got .hack games to finish on PS2:bouncy:

one thing i realized, after you get into this website, you become collector first, gamer second. and maybe a hot badass third.

ill probably never finish 2 of my ps2 games.

.hack? isnt that based on a anime?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']
ill probably never finish 2 of my ps2 games.

.hack? isnt that based on a anime?[/quote]

I probably won't even finish a 1/2 of my PS2 games... I think I've got near 100 of them...

.hack is a multi-media franchise. The anime was part of the game's story. It's pretty large of a franchise really, has like 8 PS2/PSP games, a couple of anime series, and more manga and novels then I could ever want to read...

Anyways, I see Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity is on sale. I'm tempted to buy it, but I know Sonic games, and I know they are far from good... (says the guy who owns various copies of Alone In The Dark...). Speaking of which, I saw the PS2 version at the Source for $20...

[quote name='halcyon1234']Damn, I hate the people in the area I live in. My Source was picked clean of any game under $30.

All I wanted was Motorstorm and COD3, since those are the only multiplayer enabled games a friend of mine has. Bah.[/quote]
I hear ya, it seems like unless you find out about the deal within 48 hours, it's already made it's way to RFD and the hoarders have cleaned out everything nearby. I realize it's smart to buy up games with high TIVs and then save tons of money on new releases over at say EB, but really, leave some games for the people who actually want to buy them for the sake of playing them. This video game 'recycling' is ridiculous.

I'd like to see some regulation in the used game market. TIVs.ca is sort of a step in the right direction, because used game prices should be universal IMO.

I think you wish for something that won't ever happen. Sales go by supply and demand. The only wrong price for something is one that's too high to get people to buy it.

If people will Super Mario Sunshine for the GC @ $39.99 still, that's what it deserves to sell for.

Same goes with damn near any licensed Wii or DS game. Just the way it is. Mario/Link games retain their value like a BMW or Lexus.

That said, if you're having problems finding a selection in a reasonable distance from you, print out the list of shops that are within the province/local area and bring that to wherever, have them PM it and you're done. That's what I'm doing. It works.

[quote name='bardiaghassemi']Not to derail the thread or anything. L4D Steam CD Key = $15 USD

http://g2play.pl/c/pl/28/2/1/0/long/left+4+dead.html

I can confirm it works as I bought one myself, but, enter it in steam download game and enjoy :lol: (They also have COD4 for $25)[/quote]

I tried that link but it's not working... there's a discussion in the steam forums about g2play.pl and it looks legit. Hope it comes back up soon...

Staying on topic, I walked into FS (Waterloo) and asked to PM Trauma Centre: New Blood. The guy just rang it up for 6.76 after taxes no questions asked- Didn't even ask to look at an ad/print out :D

The games I got for solely trading in are bad and I doubt anyone would hunt for them.

3 copies of Hulk DS
2 copies of Forza
1 copy Of Lair
2 copies of Kain and Lynch
1 copy of sims castaway

yay re5 sf4 and so4

I got Resistance and Genji for 10 bucks each from Square One, the clerks just wanted me to get out the door though and kind of rushed me. I saw a copy of Condemned 2 for PS3 for 20 bucks, decided it wasn't my kind of game though.

My main concern regarding used games is for a couple reasons:

1. I dislike buying a used game at one place and wondering if I could have got it cheaper at another place.

2. Used game market is hurting the gaming industry as it's taking money out of developers pockets... I realize this is a two-sided argument and there's no conclusive evidence that this is or isn't doing significant damage to them, but with rapidly rising costs of creating games, I think anything that takes money out of the industry is harmful. Costs are getting recouped with increasingly expensive DLC, and it's hard to get companies to take risks with innovative titles in a market where failure = big financial losses. Look at all the silly pre-order bonuses with the CE/LE now, almost every title is getting the treatment because it's another way for companies to make some extra cash and push buy-new instead of buy-used.

3. Game recycling gives people incentive to buy up titles just for the sake of re-selling, therefore redistributing them to another source which will charge higher. Price matching is an option, but it doesn't always work due to limited stock, or unwillingness of the company to do the match. Zellers deal over Christmas lead to hardly any good titles being available, as many people bought absurd numbers of copies to try to flip on the private market a few months later. If I happened to want X title on sale, and somebody went and bought up all the copies to try to profit via the used game pricing discrepencies, I'd be really pissed off if I was unable to find it elsewhere. Hasn't happened yet, but if it did, you know you'd be pretty choked.

As for regulation being realistic, probably not likely, though I don't think it's an entirely unrealistic possibility. I don't know the economics behind it, but I have to imagine EB is losing money giving out all this store credit for titles that are clearly never going to re-sell for much, if at all. And with more companies looking at used game sales, they're going to want to watch out for getting abused by discrepancies. I could see a voluntary organization emerging that establishes a standard price for used games, with companies using it more and more. That is, only if the used gaming market continues to expand.

my goodness too much thinking need more gaming at low low prices !
i wanted to get zelda tp finally but it seems 59.99 is the clearance price they had set :( eagerly waiting for zelda II so i can get my hands on the first at a lower price ... and get the sequel as well before it gets too rare or prices get jacked the hell upp wasnt zelda tp released at $40 but was that cause of awesome exchange rate

I bought a lot of used games for the Gamecube since I was about 3 years late to the party and I wasn't going to pay an extra $30 or so for new copies. Nowadays I try to buy new if I can, because it's just more convenient than playing email tag, stalking eBay/craigslist for games which you don't know the condition of, and rushing to RP whenever they have 2/40.

[quote name='halcyon1234']All I wanted was Motorstorm and COD3, since those are the only multiplayer enabled games a friend of mine has. Bah.[/QUOTE]

If its not too far for you COD3 PS3 was avail at Vaughan Mills yesterday morning. Its on a rack not behind counter
They also had MS Pacific Rift

^ i heard Motorstorm went up to 59.99? on the website.... so if they can't give it to you for 4.99-9.99... darn luck i guess.

and where da hell is everybody? chasin deals around?? im lonely!

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ i heard Motorstorm went up to 59.99? on the website.... so if they can't give it to you for 4.99-9.99... darn luck i guess.

and where da hell is everybody? chasin deals around?? im lonely![/QUOTE]

I'm here, just that most Canadian CAGers don't post on CAG 24-7..most of them go to RFD or neogaf, like me :p Still I got all my fill at the Source and that's it for me for buying games in the following months :p

I am here also, but that true the RFD forums for this deals is much more active. Id like to post on GAF but still waiting to be acepted for a while now 8-(.

Hey guys, has anyone seen any copies of Digimon World: Dawn at The Source (specifically in the GTA :p)? I know I've seen it in stores in the past, but it hasn't been up on the website for a while. They even took down Dusk (which I just bought, just want Dawn as well for some reason).

[quote name='Rocky071']My main concern regarding used games is for a couple reasons:
1. I dislike buying a used game at one place and wondering if I could have got it cheaper at another place.
[/quote]

Can't the exact same thing be said about used games? What if, two weeks ago, you had bought Guitar Hero: Aerosmith PS3 from Toys R Us for $40?

2. Used game market is hurting the gaming industry as it's taking money out of developers pockets...

You're right, there is no evidence for that, aside from some whiners who can't figure out that to make a profit, you need to make a good game.

The faulty concept of "used game = lost sale = stolen money" is just that-- faulty. Authors have tried to make this argument against used book stores and libraries, and have failed. Movie makers have tried to make the same argument against used video stores and rental places and have failed. Car makers have... well, you get the point.

Just because someone buys a game used does not mean they would have or COULD HAVE bought it new at full price. And even if you manage to find a way to restrict a game to only being sold new to a single user, it'll either be broken, or you get Steam. Or you get some sort of monopoly that controls the only source of what everyone wants. What do you think will happen to the prices then?

Every Canadian and American (and most of the est of the world) has a right called the Right of First Sale. Basically, when you buy something, it's yours to do as you see fit. Use it, ignore it, destroy it-- or resell it. Ownership is yours, and whoever sold it to you can take a flying leap if they don't like it-- they shouldn't have sold it in the first place.

If the second-hand market was the anathema that entertainment produced claim it was, every single movie, book and game publishing house would have been out of business year ago.

And really, would you want a game that was tied to only working with the original owner? You'd constantly be praying that the company never went out of business. 18 years later, and I can still play Target Earth on my Genesis, and I always will be able to. Come 2027, how many people will be able to play Portal on their PC? And even if it still works, how are you going to get a copy?

3. Game recycling gives people incentive to buy up titles just for the sake of re-selling, therefore redistributing them to another source which will charge higher....

And not having a secondary source of a product gives companies incentive to charge anything they desire (ie: a higher price). There would be zero competition.

And no matter what the market may be, there'll always be assholes/rfd people.
[/quote]

As for regulation being realistic, probably not likely, though I don't think it's an entirely unrealistic possibility.

Impossible. See right of first sale above. Even if EA and Microsoft try to buy some legislation, BBV and EB are just as powerful and can fight back.

I don't know the economics behind it, but I have to imagine EB is losing money giving out all this store credit for titles that are clearly never going to re-sell for much, if at all.

Then, quite frankly, that's EB's problem, and not one of the tax payer. If the used game market isn't profitable for them, then they can easily get out of it. Stop taking trade ins, sell off their current used stock, and go new games only. It is not the responsibility of the government to create legistlation to protect their business.

I could see a voluntary organization emerging that establishes a standard price for used games, with companies using it more and more.

They have that. It's called the free market. EB can chose to charge whatever they want for a used game. But if the majority of people won't pay that much, then you have your price point.

Break even point is (SELLING PRICE * NUMBER OF UNITS SOLD) - FIXED COST PER UNIT > 0

Or in EB's case, (Used game price * number of people willing to buy at that price) - Total amount paid out in TIV for that title.

If it's > 0, you're making profit. If not, re-evaluate one of the variables. Since they don't limit the number of copies they take in, they either:

a) Charge more and hope the same number of people buy (sell 1 at $20 is not as good as 20 at $2)
b) Charge less and hope more people buy it
c) Lower the tiv and hope people provide enough stock to sell enough units

Just thought I'd let you guys know, they also have Viva Pinata Limited Edition/normal edition for $9.96, and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise $19.96. Both are fantastic games and I would highly recommend both of them. They may look childish but they both are unbelievable games.

bread's done
Back