Hotel Dusk 215 $19.99 at CC.com live now

Both Hotel Dusk and Clubhouse Games have been officially re-released today (Tuesday). They're mentioned in this week's Target ad for $19.99. I'm thinking that's the new MSRP for them, even though Amazon still shows them at $29.99 in stock on the 11th :oldman:

I guess we could call these two Nintendo's first unofficial line of DS Greatest Rare Hits. The next two should be Tetris DS & Princess Peach.

[quote name='Kerig']I guess we could call these two Nintendo's first unofficial line of DS Greatest Rare Hits. The next two should be Tetris DS & Princess Peach.[/quote]

Super Princess Peach is no great loss (yes, I played it to completion), but Tetris was stupid to stop making.

[quote name='Vegan']Super Princess Peach is no great loss (yes, I played it to completion), but Tetris was stupid to stop making.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I thought Peach was a very lackluster game, and I reluctantly played it to completion as well. Its rarity is the only reason I think it should come back into production, and kids would like it. If I can still buy Mario 64 at Wal-mart today for full price I don't understand why Peach is missing.

[quote name='Vegan']...Tetris was stupid to stop making.[/quote]

you got that right. that's like Hasbro discontinuing Monopoly. though i think in the case of Tetris, i read something about a licensing or legal issue that caused the game to be discontinued? maybe i made that up, but it seems familiar.

I saw both Hotel Dusk and Clubhouse Games at Target. They have a large orange banner printed across the top of the package describing them as '42 Games in One!' and 'Mystery Thriller!' or something like that. They're really trying to not call these Player's Choice.

[quote name='Vegan']Tetris was stupid to stop making.[/quote]

It wasn't their choice. Nintendo lost the Tetris license to Hudson.

[quote name='cletus']If I liked Phoenix Wright will I like this game?[/quote]

This is a case of "similar but not the same." In Hotel Dusk, you have dialogue choices (some of which can give you a game over) and a handful of puzzles to solve, but other than that it's more of an interactive novella.

Don't get me wrong, though: it's a fantastic game.

However, you do have to be patient with it. It takes a few chapters before it really gets going, and like any good mystery, nothing gets tied up until the verrrry end.

BTW -- just saw HD:R215 in the store along with Club House Games, and they have a big bright orange band along with top, sort of like the old school PS1 GHs. The orange color matches the Touch Generations Pantone shade of orange, and Hotel Dusk in fact has the Touch Generations logo on the front of the box which it did not have originally.

Pretty hideous, but such is life. At least these games can now reach the larger audience they deserve to.

I saw them both at Wal-mart today, they actually reprinted them with slightly altered covers. There's a huge orange strip going along the top of the cover: CHG says "42 games! board, cards, & dice", and HD says "interactive novel..." something something. To those collectors, you'll probably not like it so much.

The Cover Project has the original covers for both games, you can download them and print them out. If you want to see the orange banners for yourself here they are. It got linked to by GoNintendo.

bread's done
Back