how are you supposed to deal with a broken heart?

[quote name='Cracka']shouldn't this be merged with the razor recommendation thread?[/quote]

This.

Your fucking 22. Seriously. Get the fuck over it. You should be getting a real job so you can actually support a family before finding some sort of fake "love."

You're a big fuckin' vagina.....wanna know how to deal with it?

You suck it the fuck up like a real man....get shitfaced and fuck the first thing you see that night....

So, what these guys are saying, is to make up for your poor choice in a woman, you should make more, varied poor choices in rapid succession... to um, make the original seem not as bad.

Been there, done that.

Helpful advice?

Don't drink.

Don't ask CAG for help. Especially in the OTT.

Doing either of these things will lead to some serious depression / suicidal tendencies.

What you have to do is move on. Don't beg for her to come back, don't try and "fix" it. It's over and you'll have to accept that. Doesn't mean you guys can't get back together, just means you can't right now.

Stay busy / active. Go exercise, play some games, hang with some buds, concentrate on work / school, even talk to other girls. There's tons of chicks out there, more than likely better than what you had. You just have to look for them.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Been there, done that.

Helpful advice?

Don't drink.

Doing either of these things will lead to some serious depression / suicidal tendencies.

What you have to do is move on. Don't beg for her to come back, don't try and "fix" it. It's over and you'll have to accept that. Doesn't mean you guys can't get back together, just means you can't right now.

Stay busy / active. Go exercise, play some games, hang with some buds, concentrate on work / school, even talk to other girls. There's tons of chicks out there, more than likely better than what you had. You just have to look for them.[/quote]

This guy speaks the truth. Best suggestions in the whole thread.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Been there, done that.

Helpful advice?

Don't drink.

Stay busy / active. Go exercise, play some games, hang with some buds, concentrate on work / school, even talk to other girls. There's tons of chicks out there, more than likely better than what you had. You just have to look for them.[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name='Anexanhume']So, what these guys are saying, is to make up for your poor choice in a woman, you should make more, varied poor choices in rapid succession... to um, make the original seem not as bad.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:$ don't point out their flaws through synthesis and interpretation...'the mob is unruly,' 'someone could get hurt' :boxing:

Wow, a surprising amount of honest attempts to help rather than a thread full of only jokes and macho-man cliches. Go CAG.

I agree with most of what's been said - just get your mind on other things, and try to hang out with people and not sit around alone where you might start dwelling on it and get depressed. You'll get past it in time and have better relationships in the future.

This is why it's better to have your first big break up as a teenager. People EXPECT teenagers to go through an emotional train wreck phase.

It's been said already but don't self-medicate with booze. Avoiding the emotions is only going to stretch things out a lot longer. Like any kind of mourning you have to do it to get through it. Avoiding it leads to a 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' scenario,

Which might actually be pretty cool if it means a succession of one night stands culminating with Mila Kunis in Hawaii.

Do you compose music, by any chance?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You never date the girl who breaks up with her current boyfriend to date you. Never.

Ever.[/quote]

This is the post in the thread you should pay attention to. It's logical and it makes sense.

If she had been single for a while before dating you, that would have been ok. However, they way she did it showed she was impulsive about important decisions. Red flag. You can be impulsive about dinner plans, hairstyles, fads...not relationships.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I've never felt like this and as I'm on my 12th bear I just don't know.[/quote]
I understand you're hurt and all but now is definitely not the time to start switching teams.

My first girlfriend slept with 2 of my friends while I was in college, so I kinda know what you're going through.

Just do yourself a favor and don't drink your problems down the drain. Alcohol and the ER visit that usually follows from break-up drinking costs a lot of money.

I don't want to sound cliched... but there are many fishes in the sea.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']I don't want to sound cliched... but there are many fishes in the sea.[/QUOTE]

No way dude. Fish are dying off at alarming rates and it's being attributed to pollution and climate change. You should try and hook that one again since you know she isn't mutating or some shit.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I understand you're hurt and all but now is definitely not the time to start switching teams.[/QUOTE]

Lmao! Best thing I've read all night!

[quote name='shieryda']How you doin', OP?

Hang in there, brother.[/QUOTE]

This. It gets better.

Having gone through a similar (but not nearly as brutal as your experience) myself, I can only say that over time you'll learn that there are, in fact, other awesome girls out there, and that it gets better over time.

the emotions suck but there's no cure for it. you can do things to distract yourself, etc, but really, if you don't deal with it now it'll be harder next time. and there will be a next time, there's always a next time, emotions are relative.

this is why older people are jaded.. experiencing shit hardens you.. if you haven't yet been hardened, those experiences are rough.

the good news is that this, your first big breakup, is the worst of them. future breakups will be much easier to deal with after experiencing this one.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']This is the post in the thread you should pay attention to. It's logical and it makes sense.

If she had been single for a while before dating you, that would have been ok. However, they way she did it showed she was impulsive about important decisions. Red flag. You can be impulsive about dinner plans, hairstyles, fads...not relationships.[/QUOTE]

Yep. And also since you were "that guy" who "stole" her from the other guy don't have any hard feelings for the guy she probably ditched you for.

There's 2 reasons you never date somone who is dumping someone to date you:

1. It will probably happen to you as it shows they're not stable/have issues with commitment.
2. You don't want to be that guy/girl that "steals" someone's boyfriend/girlfriend.

Mature, stable people end relationships before looking for a new person.

Last edited by a moderator:
good relationships are rarely found by looking for them.. they just happen

protip #1: ignore anything dmaul says, ever

Wow...You definatly should just forget about her. I know that must seem impossible to do right now, but it will really help you in the long run.

I dont mean to be rude, but she probably was and still is a whore. Just move on...it will get better!

Chances are someone else already had their dick in her before the big break up, so consider yourself lucky that she's out of the picture before she gives you the clap.

The best thing you can do now is live your life to the fullest. Don't sit on CAG, don't cry yourself to sleep. Enjoy the things you can.

Melancholic, self-glorification won't help (referring to thread title).

Think long and hard about where you went wrong, learn your lessons and be a better person for it. Then move on.

The worst thing you can do is be a bitch about it.

[quote name='QiG']It's fine to mope for a week or two but pick yourself up, drink some, hook up with someone you shouldn't, and generally move the fuck on. Find a healthy hobby to distract yourself and by all means get out of the house every weekend whether you think it's gonna be a fun night or not.[/quote]

This is the best advice that's been given so far. After I split with my girl of three years, I did exactly what's written above and was on my feet again in no time.

I swear I'm not trying to be a dick but when I first saw the title the first thought that came into my head was "duct tape!"

Anyway now for some on topic advice just give it time.

bread's done
Back