How common is your last name?

I got:

[my last name], as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US.

[quote name='Maklershed']323

They did? I assume you have the same last name as me and I don't know any show with it. I know a Christmas Story character with it though. And a toy store. :lol:[/quote]
And of course by 323, I meant 393... naturally...

36719 which is the part of my CAG name minus the c. Interesting because I know that my last name is a lot more common in the south then where I am because it is only a couple of us in my area and they are all related to me.

"ahadi, as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US.

Gotsta love being the son of an immigrant :lol:

[Scotish name], as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US

watterworth, as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US.

comaux, as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US

I'm not terribly surprised.

braun is surname number 984 in the USA.

Braun is a common surname, originating from the German word for the color brown. The name is the 22nd most common family name in Germany. Many German emigrants to the United States also changed their name to Brown (see Brown (surname)).
In German, Braun is pronounced like "brown," as in Dr Werner von Braun. In English, it is commonly pronounced like "brawn," as in Carol Mosely Braun. Pronunciation is an individual choice and is hard to guess unless one is in a position to hear the person's name spoken.

brown is surname number 5 in the USA.

Number 253, which I find a bit hard to believe.
Never met another non family member with the last name of "Wade." Maybe I need to get out more...

So rare as to not be among the 55K names in the database.

Everybody on the entire planet with my surname is a close relative. None more distant than a first cousin.

[quote name='Greetard']Same, but Greek. *High Fives*[/quote]

[quote name='Brak']Insert Italian Name Here, as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US.

All of the people with my last name are related to me.[/quote]

Same, but mine is German. I don't even know all the people related to me because they all live back east while I'm out in CA. If someone has my last name I can only assume that we are related.

eidsvaag, as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US.

I know there's some random people in MI and a guy in Las Vegas with the same last name and thats it. Besides those in Norway with it.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']you know youre bored when you read a thread like this, filled with nothing but numbers and 'me too's.[/quote]Me too!

Also mine is german, I was surprised how high mine is.

[quote name='Layziebones']My last name is German and I guess it is like Smith or Brown over there.[/quote]

I think a very good chunk of American blood has German roots. Something like 40%, maybe? I'm actually not German even though I have a German last name.

" as a surname, does not exist in this database, because it is not among the top 55,000 most common names in the US. "

oh well guess i'm super special.

bread's done
Back