How do I even out my gamerscore?

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
:lol: Okay, that crappy Watchmen game gave me an uneven gamerscore, and I want it back to a 0 or 5 :lol:

Is there like a list of games with weird achievements that would do that?

Oh well, Jeff Gerstman's gamerscore's uneven too :p

blitz the league did it to me, and the game was too bad for me to want to play it to even it out, i dont know any other games with odd achievements though

GRAW (the original at least) , Blitz the League (original as well) , and Viking all have uneven achievement points.

Edit: Looking at friend's GS's, Dishwasher Dead Samurai has it, 1942 Joint Strike, Luxor 2, Crash of the Titans, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Puzzle Fighter HD, Civilization Revolution,

[quote name='Malik112099']Seriously? Thus is the shit some people think about instead of gaming? ::facepalm::[/QUOTE]

why does it matter what people think about? the same can be said about someone who sees a thread that interests them in no way, but they still take the time to go in, read, and comment....;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit, I'll touch games with weird scores only if I know I can finish it and even it out. Its just..odd that they would make it a number not a multiple of 5 or 10. Some people dont mind, but I guess a few of us out there are just a little more touchy with a nice round number ;)

[quote name='Magehart']Why not tag off the other odd achievement in Watchmen to even it back out?[/QUOTE]

Some achievements are hard if not impossible to get in some games and not worth the hassle. I don't like that mine is not a 0 or 5 just due to being OCD about it, but I am not going to go out of my way to fix it either.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']why does it matter what people think about? the same can be said about someone who sees a thread that interests them in no way, but they still take the time to go in, read, and comment....;)[/QUOTE]

i just find it odd that something as insignificant as having anything other than a 0 or a 5 at the end of someone's gamerscore can bother them so much.

[quote name='austenwithane']And threads like this is why I hate achievements :)[/QUOTE]

And comments like this is why I love the ignore button. Who cares what his reason is for wanting to get his score to be a 0 or a 5, there is no need for the stupid responses.

Well in Marathon Durandal, you get 14 points for finding an assault rifle which is in the 2nd level. Just gotta make sure you don't get the 2 achievements in the 1st level which are 7 and 21 pointers.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']And comments like this is why I love the ignore button. Who cares what his reason is for wanting to get his score to be a 0 or a 5, there is no need for the stupid responses.[/QUOTE]

Ignore? Great idea!! :D
Bye, SlimJim!

[quote name='Malik112099']i just find it odd that something as insignificant as having anything other than a 0 or a 5 at the end of someone's gamerscore can bother them so much.[/QUOTE]

OCD

It mattered to me so i rented a game from GF and fixed it in 5 seconds. Now life is normal. Why does anyone care about gamerscore in the first place if you're going to give them crap about that.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']And comments like this is why I love the ignore button. Who cares what his reason is for wanting to get his score to be a 0 or a 5, there is no need for the stupid responses.[/QUOTE]Amen, brother. :applause:

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Ignore? Great idea!! :D
Bye, SlimJim![/QUOTE]Right, because if you're going to go around thread-crapping, the last thing you want to have to read is a logical, legitimate defense of the thread.

[quote name='ajh2298']The first TMNT game was the one that screwed my gamerscore all up I still need to rerent it to finish it up.[/QUOTE]

i finished it in about 2 days :p a solid 4-5 hours and you can finish it. it's not horrible. not great, but not horrible :p

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']why does it matter what people think about? the same can be said about someone who sees a thread that interests them in no way, but they still take the time to go in, read, and comment....;)[/QUOTE]

qft

[quote name='Malik112099']Seriously? Thus is the shit some people think about instead of gaming? ::facepalm::[/QUOTE]
You are a true gamer!

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Why not stop caring about something so stupid?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo fanboy upset over a feature that is likely to never show up on a nintendo console. Also, the sky is blue.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']And comments like this is why I love the ignore button. Who cares what his reason is for wanting to get his score to be a 0 or a 5, there is no need for the stupid responses.[/QUOTE]

why does it have to be black and white for you? i mean, can't you make concessions in admitting that this thread is at least the slightest bit silly? it's fine if you want to engage in OCD gamerscore management, and i'm not knocking you in any way - i have plenty of idiotic fancies as well - i just don't know why guys like you defend gamerscore management so steadfastly, and as if any casual comment making a joke of it is a direct slap in the face.

This thread is just.....wow. OCD abound really. My only OCD about achievements is that I must have 4 achievements before I turn the game in or return it.

isn't the solution (albeit not simple and time consuming) just to 1000/1000 or 200/200 a game? though this may not be the case for games with dlc that add more achievements but I think they're all in increments of 10 anyway.

[quote name='blaked569']why does it have to be black and white for you? i mean, can't you make concessions in admitting that this thread is at least the slightest bit silly? it's fine if you want to engage in OCD gamerscore management, and i'm not knocking you in any way - i have plenty of idiotic fancies as well - i just don't know why guys like you defend gamerscore management so steadfastly, and as if any casual comment making a joke of it is a direct slap in the face.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the thread is silly, but that is not the point. The guy asked a question and there is absolutely no reason to be an ass to the guy about it just because he wants to get it back to a 0 or a 5. That is my problem with this and all of CAG in general, it isn't just gamerscore things I ignore for, any ignorant comment will do for me since I don't want to see a post from that person doing it over and over. I don't care what anyone does, that is their own business and I don't see a need to bash someone over it unless it is illegal. Sorry I am not a childish person that has to "attack" someone over something as meaningless as this.

I can somewhat relate the OP. Blitz threw my score off zeroes and fives and it annoyed me for a while because it was so different. Over time I got used to it and now it doesn't bother me at all.

Hey, thanks to about 75% of you guys :lol:

I didn't realize there were so many games with points ending in something other than 0 or 5. I may end up trying some of those (kind of wanted to play Cloning Clyde anyway), or maybe I'll just wait for it to even itself back out.

It's funny, 'cause until this past year I didn't really care about this stuff, but kind of got into it recently.

I noticed apparently the PC version of Universe at War (or whatever it's called), which I already own has weird achievements, so when I get to playing it this may 'fix' itself ;)

bread's done
Back