How do I fix a loose Guitar Hero whammy bar?

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
I've got a GH 2 controller with a really loose whammy bar - it falls straight down (where the black tip is pointing towards the ground) every time you let go of it. Can someone please suggest how to fix it??? Rubber banding isn't a good solution - I'm selling this guitar so it needs to actually be fixed internally.

Assuming it's like the PS2 controller, open it up and see what needs fixing. I had to do this to fix mine to fix a small plastic tab, as it somehow broke during storage. A little superglue later, and it worked just fine.

Nothing is physically broken - it's as if the metal bar is simply milimeters too thin. This is actually a modded GH controller - I added a Star Power button to it, so I've looked around inside and checked out the Whammy bar as much as possible.

I wonder if there's a fluid I could apply that would tighten it up appropriately?

[quote name='eastx']Nothing is physically broken - it's as if the metal bar is simply milimeters too thin. This is actually a modded GH controller - I added a Star Power button to it, so I've looked around inside and checked out the Whammy bar as much as possible.

I wonder if there's a fluid I could apply that would tighten it up appropriately?[/QUOTE]
I Have the same problem, its distracting when it falls and hits your hand. I have taken it apart and cant seem to figure any way to tighten it.

bread's done
Back