How do you position your Xbox360?

CAG 79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
How do you position your Xbox360?

Horizontal
Vertical

I plan on getting an Xbox360 pretty soon and I would like to know how does the majority of CAGs position their Xbox360's and why. Please share any experiences that you may have had with both and why do you prefer one over the other.

I do the vertical thing. For some reason it seems that it keeps my console a little bit cooler. Placing it vertically also saves a little bit of room.

Vertical.

Allows for better cooling due to more surface area being exposed to open air and I just prefer the way it looks. It also allows me to set the GameCube and PS2 next to the 360 without having to stack any of them.

It will be interesting to see if disc drives start failing more on systems used vertically and if hard drives start failing more on systems used horizontally.

Horizontally for me. There's just no room for me to lay it vertical in my entertainment center. I am worried about excessive heat though since it runs in an enclosure (but isn't crowded by any other systems) and it gets damn hot in there after only 30 minutes of playing. There's no alternative for me though - I am thinking about getting a USB fan to plug right into my 360 for cooling or at least to move the air around in there...

Plus, it's really really loud and when I shut the door you can barely hear it... so that's good I guess...

Horizontal. It's right next to my bed and I don't want to chance knocking it over.

Good thinking about those perpendicularly positioned drives, shipwreck. I don't know how much I trust that hard drive to spin against gravity...

i place it on top of my radiator and just for kicks sometimes i see how long it can stand vertically on my subwoofer...

but seriously i place it horizontal for now...when i move i will see if i can place it vertically...does the vertical way increase damage to the discs?

vertical for me. I don't have any room on my A/V rack for it in any position so it sits on a piece of cardboard on the floor in front of my tv.

[quote name='jasonlives13']I plan on getting an Xbox360 pretty soon and I would like to know how does the majority of CAGs position their Xbox360's and why.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You must live a really boring life.

[quote name='mmn']Wow. You must live a really boring life.[/QUOTE]
Don't be a dumbass. I was only asking to take precautions because I've heard that some people have had some problems based on how they place their consoles. :roll:

[quote name='jasonlives13']Don't be a dumbass. I was only asking to take precautions because I've heard that some people have had some problems based on how they place their consoles. :roll:[/QUOTE]

And you didn't say that at first why?

Horizontal. It sits nicely on top of my entertainment system next to my PS2, Pelecan System selector Pro, and my Generation Nex. I just feel safer knowing that it has a lower center of gravity and cannot tip over. And I've heard that vertically causes scratches on the DVD's. Haven't heard about the HDD issue. I have not had a problem and I got it at launch. Hope this helps!

Horizontal for now. Moving to vertical with new setup soon.

[quote name='mmn']And you didn't say that at first why?[/QUOTE]

Probably because the forum is called "XBox 360," not "explain why you are posting."

[quote name='KaneRobot']Probably because the forum is called "XBox 360," not "explain why you are posting."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, why would someone explain something on a forum? You're totally right. What the hell was I thinking?

Horizontal, mainly for room, but for some reason I'm paranoid that a disc is gonna not be all the way in and get jammed in the motor if scratched to all hell when I close the tray if it sits vertically.

vertical b/c it looks cooler

i also like to hold my gun sideways when i'm killing bad guys with extreme prejudice.... for the same reason. :)

[quote name='mmn']Yeah, why would someone explain something on a forum? You're totally right. What the hell was I thinking?[/QUOTE]

Why are you making this more complicated than it really is? No one else seems to have a problem with my thread. The poll is simple to answer. If you need an explanation for that then you probably should not post.

Anyways, thanks to everyone that did help me out.

[quote name='mmn']Yeah, why would someone explain something on a forum? You're totally right. What the hell was I thinking?[/quote]Quit your bitchin'. Horizontal. It's easier to place discs into the tray.

[quote name='mbstuff']It's significantly louder for me vertically, so I put it horizontally.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I place mine horizontally after having it vertical for a few weeks and it seems a lot quiter.

havent tried it in the vert position. I have no need to. KInda random but did everyone know theres a fan in the power brick. I have had my 360 for 3 months and just know noticed it.

Horizontal because it won't fit in my enertainment center if it's standing up.

I'd like my vote to be counted as wheel barrel though.

[quote name='2Fast']Horizontal - that's the way God intended video game consoles to be placed.[/quote]

this guy has it right, am I the only one that thinks a vertical xbox is an accident waiting to happen. the thing will come crashing down with the slightest nudge.

Vertical, hell it completely skipped my mind it could go horizontal until this thread. Still it would make my tomb raider sticker look weird so vertical it stays.

bread's done
Back