how does blockbuster restocking fee work?

Casiotech

CAGiversary!
I took out a game almost 3 weeks ago and forgot to return it. I don't have the gamepass, I imagine they already billed my card like $60. I know there is some $1.25 restock I have until 30 days to return.

How does that work? What if I return the game do I just drop it off or take it to the counter? How long until they process the refund to the card? Any insights would be awesome.

When I had a similar issue, Blockbuster explained to me that they stop charging late fees per day after 2 weeks. I think I only ended up owing around $10 or so for a movie and it's always less than the face value of the game(to keep people from taking things that are rare and never returning them, like that Bust A Move 2000 for GC I never saw in stock.)

That might've changed since I dealt with them(3 years ago) but I doubt it. Would call and make sure though, can't hurt to ask.

for some reason, nobody is picking up, might as well just call any random store from their 5000 or whatever amount of locations.

They just refund it. I find it odd that they charged your card, though. Generally, BBV ends up charging my account. After they've charged my account, I have the option to return it before the deadline. If I do, the account balance drops from $60 odd dollars to $1.50 or so.

[quote name='GuardianE']They just refund it. I find it odd that they charged your card, though. Generally, BBV ends up charging my account. After they've charged my account, I have the option to return it before the deadline. If I do, the account balance drops from $60 odd dollars to $1.50 or so.[/quote]

I just got a hold of them, I called 3 stores and each one has something different to say, it's as if they don't even know their own return policy!

It woudl be nice if they didn't charge the card but they all say they will and upon return they issue a full refund right away minus the $1.25 per game and it should post with the CC company within 2-3 business days.

I'm assuming the reason lots of good games are out months at a time is because people pay to rent for 1 week and hold it almost a whole month for the additional $1.25. Actually makes the rental price worthwhile.

yes, I didn't know I could contact them up via the telephone and had absolutely no idea they even had a website, until I clicked on your post.

I'm so lucky to be in the bevy of such a stand up guy.

What I was looking for were people who went through this scenario and hear their unbiased experience regarding this matter, not some 17 year old employee who will tell me it's all dandy on the phone and when I return it they hassle me and charge me some fine print BS or process the refund after 90 days.

[quote name='Casiotech']I took out a game almost 3 weeks ago and forgot to return it. I don't have the gamepass, I imagine they already billed my card like $60. I know there is some $1.25 restock I have until 30 days to return.

How does that work? What if I return the game do I just drop it off or take it to the counter? How long until they process the refund to the card? Any insights would be awesome.[/quote]

Are you Casiotech from ATOT?

bread's done
Back