How good is walmart with returns

bigsick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Didn't know where to post this, so i did it here.

Anyway, my girlfriend bought my rock band 2 (360) for christmas. I opened it yesterday..and low and behold, it was ALL USED Rock Band 1 parts with the rock band 2 game. Obviously, someone switched out the parts. Now, i'm just wondering how walmart is going to adjust to this. She bought it during the mad toys r us rush at walmart (pm'd) about a week before christmas. I just hope they dont think I did it.

Is their exchange policy normally easy to deal with?

Very YMMV. If you try to be nice about it and find a nice guy there, you shouldn't have a problem. Some of them won't believe you and throw you aside though. No easy way to answer that, but that's a very strange story....damn walmart :(

It is HIGHLY unlikely whoever is taking the returns will know the difference. Tape the box up, return it, and don't tell them. If you tell them, of course they will think you did it. This is dumbfuck Wal-mart logic you are talking about here. If you get caught, play dumb, and go "hey, this is how I bought it". Anything else, and you are paying the price for someone else's swindle. Shouldn't be too hard, since, you know, someone has obviously already done it at that store... When my girlfriend worked at Wal-mart 10 years ago or so, they had a rash of PS1 returns. She, nor anyone else there, remotely thought to check the contents until I pointed out to her what was probably going on, and I was right(they were buying the new ones with the duel analog and returning it with the old controllers). They had had 30+ returns and since the serial numbers matched, not a single person thought to look at anything else. Just do it during the big holiday return rush (you really should have gone today), and you could probably return a box with rocks in it and they wouldn't know or care any different. And for all the moral psuedo-highground fucktards on here that will start screaming FRAUD: yeah, it is, but it wasn't carried out by this guy and there is NO reason he should have to suffer for it and it being handled any different will probably end up with that result.

[quote name='mietha']It is HIGHLY unlikely whoever is taking the returns will know the difference. Tape the box up, return it, and don't tell them. If you tell them, of course they will think you did it. This is dumbfuck Wal-mart logic you are talking about here. If you get caught, play dumb, and go "hey, this is how I bought it". Anything else, and you are paying the price for someone else's swindle. Shouldn't be too hard, since, you know, someone has obviously already done it at that store... When my girlfriend worked at Wal-mart 10 years ago or so, they had a rash of PS1 returns. She, nor anyone else there, remotely thought to check the contents until I pointed out to her what was probably going on, and I was right(they were buying the new ones with the duel analog and returning it with the old controllers). They had had 30+ returns and since the serial numbers matched, not a single person thought to look at anything else. Just do it during the big holiday return rush (you really should have gone today), and you could probably return a box with rocks in it and they wouldn't know or care any different. And for all the moral psuedo-highground fucktards on here that will start screaming FRAUD: yeah, it is, but it wasn't carried out by this guy and there is NO reason he should have to suffer for it and it being handled any different will probably end up with that result.[/quote]

If he does that, someone else is going to have to deal with the problem, so that isn't cool either. I'd honestly just go there, explain what happened, and you should be able to get your money back with no problems. This kind of thing happens with New games all the time, and most stores don't seem to have a problem exchanging out the game or refunding your money.

You could go into the store, calmly explain your situation, and ask for them to make it right.

Crazy, I know...but it just may work!

oh wow, if you still have the receipt you might be fine. Just go in there and be firm and calmly explain the situation. If you think about it, most people can tell when people are being honest about it. The ones that return stuff and scam walmart are the ones that are nervous looking and avoid eye contact lol

And if you don't have the receipt then you want to do it before the 1st as Wal-Mart won't take any returns without receipt after then.

Just work the chain: first try customer service, if they won't do it then manager, then district manager, then your choice of media (local and consumerist.com), state attorney general, and/or Better Business Bureau.

bread's done
Back