How I got a free copy of Batman: Arkham City AND made money...

Hibiki Rush

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So just wanted to mention my story of my Batman: Arkham City score from the other day and talk about my CAG-ish ways. Pre-ordered both PS3 and 360 versions of Arkham City at Toys R Us, which was also having a B2G1 offer starting that week. The Toys R Us versions of Arkham had a 1970's Batman suit code (I thought it would be a printout receipt but it was actually in the box). Anyway I chose another Arkham as my 3rd game, and the store was also giving out an exclusive 1970's colors Batman variant of the Arkham City action figure. The clerk helping me was really cool and without me even asking checked if he could scan in 3 of the figures for me which worked, so I ended up getting 3 copies of the game, 3 1970's codes, and 3 figures for $130.

After selling 2 of the games and 3 of the codes on eBay, I have so far made $16 off this plus have a free copy of the game. I also still have 3 of the figures which I am hoping to sell as well. All in all I love these early DLC type offers that companies make for big games.

any item that has extra stuff you can get it for free plus money

Every year when the new yu gi oh game comes out there are suckers willing to pay 20 for the cards alone..

3 copies of game with cards 60 bucks (if you can hit the buy 2 get 1 free deal)
sell the 3 copies of cards for 60
sell the games off for 15 each (30

you made 90 bucks for 60 purchase and you still have a game

you can no longer sell DLC on ebay??

[quote name='slidecage']you can no longer sell DLC on ebay??[/QUOTE]
You can but you have to be clever, such as you're selling the paper insert for the art w/ bonus code attached.

Selling DLC on ebay has become so much of a risk I stopped doing it. I heard if someone claims the code doesn't work you aren't protected and their money gets refunded. Glad you got the better of the deal.

[quote name='wugenius']Selling DLC on ebay has become so much of a risk I stopped doing it. I heard if someone claims the code doesn't work you aren't protected and their money gets refunded. Glad you got the better of the deal.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Because if you sell the DLC code sheet, that's all they have to return to you even though they already used the code and claim that it doesn't work.

Nice OP. I do this with pretty much every new release. Particularly Collectors Editions. I made around $60 off a couple Batman CEs plus kept the game/artbook basically free.

Forza 4 CE was also an easy one to do this with.

And with the dlc issues people are having with Arkham city right now I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with item disputes. You may anyways if the buyer is looking to scam which happens all the time and you will pretty much automatically lose if they do this do to selling digital goods. I wouldn't take the money out your paypal account for a while to make sure if someone does file a dispute they don't pull the money out your bank account, but I hope it works out in your favor with good buyers.

[quote name='blissskr']And with the dlc issues people are having with Arkham city right now I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with item disputes. You may anyways if the buyer is looking to scam which happens all the time and you will pretty much automatically lose if they do this do to selling digital goods. I wouldn't take the money out your paypal account for a while to make sure if someone does file a dispute they don't pull the money out your bank account, but I hope it works out in your favor with good buyers.[/QUOTE]
This is true make sure theres some money in your paypal account just in case. I've had it happen a couple times and I know the horror stories but overall it's very much worth it. Just make sure youre following ebay policies.

bread's done
Back