How I Met Your Mother - S1 S2 S3 - $15 ea. / S2 & S3 Together for $20 / S1-S3 for $35

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
This was about what I paid for the first three seasons, between a B1G1 from Amazon they did when it was $20, and picking up S3 in-town for $14.99 on a Target PM at BB.

If I hadn't jumped on it previously, I'd get this in a second.

finally got it to order... spent 80 bucks

59 bucks for prime since tomorrow is the last day to get it for 60
and this for 20

Sucks these DVDS do not ship until JAN 14

Already had Season 1, haven't watched it yet, only seen a few episodes and have enjoyed it. When I did the checkout with S2 and S3, it still allowed Free Shipping, cool! Thanks for the heads up OP!

This is a great deal, I bought all of these at full price and don't regret it a bit. At this price... awesome! This is hands down my favorite comedy on TV.

talk about awesome, get 2 & 3 for only $20! Now if only if they do it with other shows for that cheap I would be buying tv shows more often.

great show... NPH is amazing... but, I watch every episode and really have decided to only buy a select few TV series.

I recommend it big-time for anyone who hasn't seen it though. One of the best and somewhat overlooked shows in recent time.

Great show, although the season 1 DVDs are in 4:3 even though the show was aired in HD. I've been waiting on a complete series set a few years down the line that will fix that.

[quote name='lilboo']This will be coming on Lifetime (
4abe17a1c80cbdd2aa241b70840879de.gif
) starting this Monday, so, pass![/quote]

Ohh didn't know that, thanks!

[quote name='Wolfkin']They change the music. WTF?!
how on earth does something like this happen?[/quote]
This was actually a big thing with My Name Is Earl, as well... I can't remember if it was commentary or just something I read, but I think the producers and such talked about it, and how they really wanted to get the rights to every song, but with a show like Earl, there is only so much money and SO many songs, so they had to pick and choose.

I think HIMYM is a lot different in that respect though, where I don't remember the music playing huge parts in every epside. They should have shelled out the money for probably one of the essential tracks.

Also, Married With Children changed the title them I believe for the dvd release. I refuse to buy the sets. That's one of the most important parts of the show to me (silly I know).

Content distributors treat consumers as if we don't matter; we'll eat what they feed us. It's annoying mostly because, for the most part, it's true. Most people buying HIMYM and Earl have no idea things are changed, and if they do, probably don't care.

/rant.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Content distributors treat consumers as if we don't matter; we'll eat what they feed us.[/quote]

dude this is just like Nintendo saying "Oh look we're selling out of Wiis faster than we can produce them. obviously this means people are completely and totally satisfied with the storage and using friend codes." bah stupid executives.

[quote name='Wolfkin']They change the music. WTF?!
how on earth does something like this happen?[/quote]

Money, however with new TV shows you think the creators would think of this ahead of time.

However it's obvious the show is cheap, it's a new show selling for like $11.50 a season.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Money, however with new TV shows you think the creators would think of this ahead of time.

However it's obvious the show is cheap, it's a new show selling for like $11.50 a season.[/quote]That's what I'm saying. This isn't like the Wonder Years. I get why the Wonder Years will be a pain in the neck on a cosmic level to bring to DVD. This show is three years old. 2005 people. DVD has been here since like 1999.

[quote name='Wolfkin']That's what I'm saying. This isn't like the Wonder Years. I get why the Wonder Years will be a pain in the neck on a cosmic level to bring to DVD. This show is three years old. 2005 people. DVD has been here since like 1999.[/quote]
From what I understand, it's yet another issue of copyright being the culprit. The creators have to license the music twice, once for the air and once for the dvd set. I think they do have the foresight to see this problem, but have budgets to adhere to and can't afford to pay for a song twice. It makes no sense either. I hate copyright. It in no way really protects the creator, just lines peoples pockets with money, and usually not the right people.

I just finished watching this show. I'm all caught up now. I bought mine for $15/each at Target last month. Now I wish I would have waited a bit for the $10 savings.

Great show, worth the money.

bread's done
Back