How I stole a copy of Valkyrie Profile from a poor bastard (very sad story)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wannabepunktony']:applause:

Just wanted to give a general applause to all the replies on here. The story was pussy, but damn these replies are funny as all hell! Keep up the good work Sausageboy![/QUOTE]

Hey thats Sausageman to you Wannabe! I'd show show you what I mean, but that would be kinda gay.

[quote name='TBroo']the best thing would be if the copy he snagged didn't work.[/QUOTE]

Checked both discs and they work perfectly. SUCKA!

C'mon guys, what he did wasn't that bad. A little obnoxious, maybe. But Sausageman you're certainly foolish for bragging about browbeating some poor GS employee and then antagonizing the CAG community when we don't approve of your "cheap ass" methods.

[quote name='sausageman']I checked store availability online, and it said that there was a copy available at a GS about 10 miles away. I go there and ask if they had the game. The manager told me that another guy already called in and reserved it this morning and was coming tonight to get it. He kept telling me that he couldn't sell it to me, but I wouldn't give in. After about 10 minutes of my nonstop pleading, I guess he just kind of got fed up, he was like, "Fine, take it! But the other guy is gonna be seriously pissed off at me." I kinda feel bad, but I'll get over it since I've been dying to play this game.

BTW, some dumbass must of traded in a bunch of good PS1 RPGs because of the trade 4 get 40% deal. I also saw
ATLC: 29.99
Tales of Destiny: 24.99
Thousand Arms: 24.99
Suikoden I: 27.99
Threads of Fate: 9.99

This store is located in Lakewood, Ca (on Paramount) for anyone interested.

I picked up VP (39.99) and Legend of Mana (24.99), both complete and practically new for about $65 total after 10% discount. Not cheap but definitely still worth it.

EDIT: since so many of you guys are beating me up about this, I've decided to change the name of the topic.

I just really don't give a rats ass anymore.
Peace out.[/QUOTE]

Bitch, I was the one who call in to hold VK for me! WTF, MAN.

I'm drop by there tomorrow to pick up tales of destiny.

I really hope the guy who put it on hold was a hoarder, becuase otherwise, I HATE YOU. Oh, poor baby, had to wait a whole year.... I'm on 5 and counting, and I want it for having played it, not fucking word of mouth!

And people do have JOBS that make it IMPOSSIBLE to get to a Gamestore early- even 6:30 early. Let's say I go on tomorrow and find out my GS has VP in. Well gues what? I got the Sucker Shift tomorrow- 11:00 to 7:30. Make that 10 to 7:30 with travel time. Can I get to GS when they open? Nope- not till just before they close. I THRIVE on being able to put holds on things. I would be crushed if I finally got off and came running in at 7:40 and found out some jackass got the manager to believe I wouldn't be there that day- I was at work, dammit! I would cry. I know I would.

I'm not saying you should have passed- but would it have killed you to wait another 2 hours and 15 minutes, so you could buy it right before closing? I mean, if you waited a year, what would 2 more hours have done? At least that way the guy who reserved it got his fair chance (fair by the store policy, not your 'I want it now' policy, BTW.)

I hate being given more reasons to hate humanity....

That manager should be fired...

I'm pretty much convinced the manager was holding it for himself or another employee. there is no way he'd screw over another customer like that. but yeah, i gotta agree with most of the CAGers.. bad form on sausageman's part. but the manager is more at fault if he really was holding it for someone else.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I really hope the guy who put it on hold was a hoarder, becuase otherwise, I HATE YOU. Oh, poor baby, had to wait a whole year.... I'm on 5 and counting, and I want it for having played it, not fucking word of mouth![/QUOTE]

5 years and counting? You're full of shit cause the game came out five years ago. And just because you've played it before and I haven't makes you more deserving? Try to make explain that one. You HATE ME do ya? Will I hate you too you fucking liar!

Anybody got anymore? Bring it on BABY!

[quote name='sausageman']5 years and counting? You're full of shit cause the game came out five years ago. And just because you've played it before and I haven't makes you more deserving? Try to make explain that one. You HATE ME do ya? Will I hate you too you fucking liar!

Anybody got anymore? Bring it on BABY![/QUOTE]

So she would be full of shit because she's wanted it since it came out? Brilliant! Do not mess with DuelLady, man

[quote name='sausageman']5 years and counting? You're full of shit cause the game came out five years ago. And just because you've played it before and I haven't makes you more deserving? Try to make explain that one. You HATE ME do ya? Will I hate you too you fucking liar!

Dude, just calm the hell down. Do yourself a favor and just shut it.

Most people don't like how you got the game, so acting like a jackass isn't going to help your case...

I thought you said you were done with this thread?

Hmm. This? From the same person who (on this same page, no less) brought you:

[quote name='sausageman']I hate hostility.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. When I was young, I went shopping with my grandparents at a local department store. Walking past the toy aisle, I came upon Transformers. In particular, I saw *SHOCKWAVE*, whom I did not yet have. I had to have it. I laid down there, on the ground, in the department store, screaming my head off, and flailing my arms and legs...kicking and screaming, if you will.

My grandma told me that there was no reason that I needed a toy that day; I had plenty of toys and was in no real need of another. She also said that we were going to leave the store that moment, without buying *anything*, and she was going to take me home and bust my ass.

So, we both have experience whining until we got what we want. You, obviously, were more successful than I was. However, the reason I was kicking and screaming was because I was 4. What's yours?

myke.
...I never behaved that way again. Hooray for manners.

Wow, i've never seen such a nonsensical rebuttal.

"YEAH, I STOLE IT FROM HIM. BUT THAT'S OKAY, BECAUSE YOU'RE IMMATURE AND HAVE AN UGLY fuckING FACE! IM GONNA PLAY VP NOW HAHAHA U STUPID LITTLE DELIQUENT! TALK AGIN WHEN UR BALLS DROP!1!11"

[quote name='postaboy']Bitch, I was the one who call in to hold VK for me! WTF, MAN.

I'm drop by there tomorrow to pick up tales of destiny.[/QUOTE]

Hey postaboy, if it really was you who reserved the game, then I'm sorry this whole thing happened and you didn't get your game. I sincerely hope you're not too pissed off

However, I'm not making some kind of apology because I did nothing wrong and nothing any of you can say will make me change my mind. I had one goal in mind, and that was to buy VP. It wasn't to be a fucking humanitarian and let some other guy have it instead. And remember I didn't break the rules, if I was told to get the hell out of the store because I was bothering the manager, I would have obeyed without a delay. If this makes me immoral, unethical, or just a bad person, then so be it. Judge me all you want.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']Dude, just calm the hell down. Do yourself a favor and just shut it.

Most people don't like how you got the game, so acting like a jackass isn't going to help your case...[/QUOTE]

Now we all see what that GS manager had to put up with. :roll:

I think the manager was lying. He wanted the game and didn't know they had it, so when you brought it up, he said "someone called already" .... cause if someone calls to put something on hold, then your ass puts it on hold!

you title says from poor bastard, I think you need to look in the mirror. good job you stole from another gamer. i think you broke the unwritten law of all gamers respect each other.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']I thought you said you were done with this thread?[/QUOTE]

OK, now I'm done! This is the last post, I swear. Still, feel free to keep insulting me. I can take it.

Oh and for the very small minority of you who actually agreed with me, thanks and congragulations for poccessing common sense.

Have fun at CAG, sausageman. The stink from this is going to follow you. Every reply to your posts will subtly reference it. And good luck if you try and trade/sell anything.

Sometimes, strange things like that happen. I've seen people trade in games numerous times that are rare and I badly want, such as Gunstar Heroes.

Well, I wish I had a "like new" copy of Tales of Destiny because my copy was bought used, but only in okay condition. As for Tales of Destiny II (ToE Japan), I bought a brand new copy years ago for $13.99 and thought that was cheap. Around 2 months ago though, my local K's Merchandise had a brand new copy of the game for $8, so I bought that too and haven't opened it. I'll probably keep it, but we'll see. They also had Dragon Warrior VII for that price too brand new, but I already got it for $20 a month ago there. I don't think they have them anymore, but it was great.

Lucky guy. I probably would have done the same thing if I really wanted it...

but seeing as I really haven't heard of this game or care for having it, I wouldn't have done it.

But, your story is different that's for sure.

And I tihnk people are over-reacting just a bit.

[quote name='sausageman']The manager told me that another guy already called in and reserved it this morning and was coming tonight to get it. He kept telling me that he couldn't sell it to me, but I wouldn't give in. After about 10 minutes of my nonstop pleading, I guess he just kind of got fed up, he was like, "Fine, take it! But the other guy is gonna be seriously pissed off at me." [/QUOTE]Over the last few days, I've been taught that "hoarding is wrong", because I bought $3 games and sold them for ~$30 on Ebay. But I think what you did was FAR more despicable. Yes I prevented someone else from getting a deal, but the games I took were used for a good cause (saving me from bankruptcy), and they had no names on them. Not reserved.

The games YOU took had a name. They were reserved. O.P.P. Other People's Property. That was an assholish thing to do.

And it was assholish thing for the manager to give in to your whining.

If I was that guy, having wasted 2 to 3 dollars on gas, to buy a game that somone else stole from underneath me, I'd be extremely pissed.

Before you judge me, ask yourself what you would've done if you were in my shoes.
Act like a man, instead of a child.
Accept your disappointment, instead of throwing a tantrum.
Say, "Darn... I was too late", and then shrug and drive home.

Go buy it on Ebay, instead of stealing someone's else's reserved game.

Troy

good way to get the manager fired. If they are like you they can go in and complain about the person said they would hold it then sold it behind their back and they want that person fired. Hell if everyone here who had a gamecrazy by them did this we would of got tons of good games since a lot of the good stuff was on hold and no1 put money down on those games.

maybe i should of done this and i could of got

Breath of fire 4
Legend of mana
Lunar 1

and tons of other Good rpgs at gamecrazy that was on hold

[quote name='sausageman']Hey postaboy, if it really was you who reserved the game, then I'm sorry this whole thing happened and you didn't get your game. I sincerely hope you're not too pissed off

However, I'm not making some kind of apology because I did nothing wrong and nothing any of you can say will make me change my mind. I had one goal in mind, and that was to buy VP. It wasn't to be a fucking humanitarian and let some other guy have it instead. And remember I didn't break the rules, if I was told to get the hell out of the store because I was bothering the manager, I would have obeyed without a delay. If this makes me immoral, unethical, or just a bad person, then so be it. Judge me all you want.[/QUOTE]

If you're so sorry... 1-Why are you in the bragging thread and 2- why did you say you're not going to apologize? Isn't saying sorry apologizing anyways? However, I suppose we are to expect that type of ass backwards logic from someone calling us children when we don't support his whining for a videogame.

Additionally, how fucking stupid do you plan to be in this thread? You say you'd be pissed off if someone pulled this shit on you, but then you say you hope postaboy isn't mad.

I'm sorry Sausagefest, but DumbAssGamer is down the hall on your left. :roll:

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Usually, it's the little kids who steal and do other underhanded things, the adult thing would be to say "hey, someone else has it reserved, guess I'm out of luck" just like you do when finding a parking spot "hey, someone else signalled for that spot first, guess I'll keep looking". [/QUOTE] Well said. The original poster is still in the "child mentality" stage:
- He wants.
- He takes.
- Doesn't care if his actions hurt someone else (ego-centric).
- Lashes out against his elders ("FU!") when he's corrected.

He hasn't matured into an adult yet. The body of a man, but still the brain of a little boy.

As for the manager, here's what I would have done:

(1) Told the original poster that the game is reserved, but take his name/number with the explanation that he can have the game, if Customer #1 doesn't dhow up.
(2) Sell the game to Customer #1 who reserved it.
(3) If customer #1 doesn't appear by close-of-business, call the original poster & offer to sell it to him.

Troy

i got a story like this about gamecrazy i just remember. When i walked in the first day i was like Do you have xenogears for the ps1. The person working there said they had one but it was on hold for another worker but they would sell it to me. i said nevermind (cause that other worker put 5 games the day before on hold for me) I said that is kind of rude to be selling that workers games and they go they cant stand him and that is why they was doing it. was sort of funny to know how those co workers get a long so great : )

Hell I would've done what Sausageman did if I was in his shoes. Theres nothing wrong with being selfish once in a while.

Well I know the GameStops in Southern California (Redlands in particular) just have the PSONE games in a big bin, and they say they don't have them in their computer systems. I wish we could call and see what they have in stock.

[quote name='sausageman']Before you judge me, ask yourself what you would've done if you were in my shoes. I've been wanting this game for like a year now and I have checked GS.com for store availability on a regular basis. Finally, there is one in stock, and I go to get it, but I find out some guy reserved it and I can't buy it? What do you expect me to do? Just say oh well, maybe next time when there might never be a next time?[/QUOTE]

ebay

Cough up the money.

If not -

Too bad, no one cares about you or your pathetic need for this game. If you wanted it bad enough, you would have spent the money for it on ebay.

I had mine for three years, played ten minutes of it, then traded it to Sm04s for some games. The game isn't that great.

You were an ass. If the game was truley on hold for a customer, you were just being an asshole. I only wish the guy showed up as soon as you paid for it so he could kick your ass.

[quote name='postaboy']Bitch, I was the one who call in to hold VK for me! WTF, MAN.

I'm drop by there tomorrow to pick up tales of destiny.[/QUOTE]

First of all I'm not Sausageman, I'm just a fan of his. Second, You sir are a fuckin idiot for reserving the game and not picking it up on time. Go fuck yourself silly you $$$$$$ bastard.

I hate little whiny assholes like you that reserve games and block casual buyers from purchasing available games. Stop being a COCK Block, its your fault that you missed out. And everybody who hates Sausageman on this board needs to suck a fat one because its really gay to expect a store to hold a game for you without down payment. Its a free world bitches, I do what I want and so does Sausageman. If you reserve any game in the future you deserve to get it bought from underneath you for being a fucking moron.

Go play Barbies Dream house and stop crying over your stupid mistake. fuck you all that think that reserving a game makes it yours. You are the babies not Sausageman. He just wanted to buy a game that the store advertised was being sold. The manager did the right thing in selling the game to the beloved Sausageman. :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty: :booty:

I don't want to hear your gay ass pussy complaints about sausagman anymore. He's a good man and everybody should be try to be more like him. Heil Sausageman! GO! Sausage GO!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

fuck all you videogame nerds. I hope he sells the game on Ebay for $150!

You assholes are all fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! and fuck off!

and BTW I'm buying up all copies of Tales of Destiny so you cant have it bitch!

[quote name='SausageMAN FAN!!!']First of all I'm not Sausageman, I'm just a fan of his. Second, You sir are a fuckin idiot for reserving the game and not picking it up on time. [/QUOTE]

Where in the first post does he mention anything about the guy NOT showing up on time?

[quote name='sausageman'] The manager told me that another guy already called in and reserved it this morning and was coming tonight to get it.[/QUOTE]

If you really really really wanted the game, you would've just waited in the store and when/if the guy never showed up -- ask the manager to sell it to you. It seems likes that's the sort of mentality you have.

Alright, son. Sit here in the corner, drink your juice. Don't bother the other customers now. :whistle2:D If the other guy doesn't show up -- IT'S ALL YOURS......weeeeeeeee, then you can get the fuck out of my store, BITCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back