How is Amazon for trade-ins?

I've done probably $500 worth of trades to Amazon, not a single problem. It used to take a while when USPS was the only method and I think the worst case I had was it did take a month all said and done. UPS changed all that and now my turn-around time is a week or less. Always get my credit 24 hours after they receive it and there's free tracking at Amazon or the UPS site. They're pretty competitive for trade values, but Gazelle and other places do top them sometimes via promos or just TIV at the time.

Also, don't waste money on boxes from UPS and just use Amazon boxes you have lying around or cheapies from Walmart. Get some good packing material + tape and you're good to go.

The thing is that I recycle all my Amazon boxes. How much are boxes and tape from Wal-Mart compared to UPS? And what aisle can I find those? :lol:

[quote name='RiCeBo1']The thing is that I recycle all my Amazon boxes. How much are boxes and tape from Wal-Mart compared to UPS? And what aisle can I find those? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Office supplies. I may be getting ahead of myself though, since I'm not sure if UPS even charges for boxes. I know for sure you could nab some free from USPS, since it doesn't matter what you ship it in.

[quote name='Jodou']Office supplies. I may be getting ahead of myself though, since I'm not sure if UPS even charges for boxes. I know for sure you could nab some free from USPS, since it doesn't matter what you ship it in.[/QUOTE]

Thnx, I'll definitely look into it :) Cheers!

Amazon is great for trading/flipping. Unless there is a great promo at gamestop, I always use amazon. I have flipped a ton of games on amazon. I just use boxes that I get from amazon when I buy stuff to ship out. I barely put any packing into the box, just a tiny bit to keep it from moving constantly.

I've done it twice. My first time took a while for them to finally register. About 2 weeks after UPS told me that they received the package to be exact. They finally deposited the credit a couple of days after I emailed them about it. Although, they rejected 2 of my games since they didn't have the UPC tag on them(it was copies of the bundle versions of GH:WT and Socom). So keep that in mind if you want to trade in a game from a CE or some kind of bundle.

I did it again last month, and the turnaround time was much quicker this time around. I think it must of been about 5 or 6 days. And that's from me putting in the trade in order to them finally depositing the credit to my account.

Just traded my old college textbooks to them (not video game related, I know) Shipped it out last Monday via USPS Media Mail, and I received payment yesterday (Monday) I was pretty surprised with how fast that was. All in all, I'm thinking about trying it more often later.

I only use Amazon for trade ins now. It's easy for me, as I can drop off a UPS box close to home. Currently I live ~12 miles away from the closest video game store.

I've done about two hundred dollars worth of trades through Amazon since the program began. Again, since I live out in the boonies, I also do a lot of business with Amazon in general, so the credits come in handy. The turn around time is roughly four days in my experience.

I have also traded in games and text books. The turn around for me is usually a week with UPS. The best thing about it is you can use it for anything. It was almost as if my college funded my gaming habits..almost. haha.

Nothing but positive trade in experiences here as well. Ive traded in about $300 worth of games and old accessories.

Im about to trade in $50 worth of DVD's. Does anyone know if there are any current promos for DVD trade ins? I remember seeing one where you get $10 bonus when trading in DVDs. I cant find it anymore.

I'm pretty sure they do. Pretty sure that anything you trade in to amazon must be MINT with original packaging. I contacted them about trading in N64 Games, and they said they require the box, and i only had the cart. :(

[quote name='poker360']I'm pretty sure they do. Pretty sure that anything you trade in to amazon must be MINT with original packaging. I contacted them about trading in N64 Games, and they said they require the box, and i only had the cart. :([/QUOTE]
Srsly. Hmm, who keeps their accessory boxes...

bread's done
Back