How many console games have u bought and own?

gq5986

CAG Veteran
I consider myself a very hardcore gamer. i have almost every kind of game genre out there except strategy, can't stand em. all together i own almost 40 games. being that i have bought them almost all at full price, i've almost spent 2 G's on these games. just wondering if im the only one out there with these many games. how many games do U own?

Full price? You've come to the wrong website. Anyways, I've probably owned about 1000+ console games. How many I own right now? About 100+

I just hit around 115 for XBox, I have 50+ for PC, 20 or so on N64, 30 or so on SNES, around 75 NES games, 4 Gamecube games and 15 Game Gear games.

If you call yourself a "very hardcore" gamer, you're about to get owned by other people of this website.. the collections here are unreal.

I'm not that big on games, but I have about 45 for XBOX, 20 of which I've never played longer than 15 min.

[quote name='gq5986']I consider myself a very hardcore gamer. i have almost every kind of game genre out there except strategy, can't stand em. all together i own almost 40 games. being that i have bought them almost all at full price, i've almost spent 2 G's on these games. just wondering if im the only one out there with these many games. how many games do U own?[/quote]

I think around here you'd be hard pressed to find someone with less than 40 games.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']40? Wow, when you put them in your console, does it ask "Is it in yet?"[/quote]

Nice, :lol:

I spent 2G in 5 months and I am a poor college student and I just got into videogames like 5 months ago, my got first system was 7 months ago, i got from a friend and did not open it till like 2 months later

[quote name='zewone']Full price? You've come to the wrong website. Anyways, I've probably owned about 1000+ console games. How many I own right now? About 100+[/quote]

lolz. yeah that was me when i had a job and wasted my weekly paycheck on stupid games. i've stopped. b4 i used to buy at least 4 games a month, now i've only bought about 3 games since sept. '04. no more money and i've grown out of it.

I own a total of 534 games, 352 of which are PS2 games. I don't play PC games so those are all console games. I know that there are people on this site that make my collection look miniscule.

EDIT: Oh and for the record (not directed at OP), a "hardcore" gamer is not defined by how many games they have. There are a lot of people on this site that are much more hardcore than me that only have a fraction of how many games I have. The term hardcore in my opinion defines how you play your games, not how many you have.

at least i dont feel like a geek with no life anymore. i was kinda ashamed at having ppl come over and then see my game collection. lol... not anymore tho. i cud care less wat ppl think.

I have most of my games in my IGN collection in my sig, but I don't have all of them in there. I still need to put in the rest of my PC games, along with almost all of my SNES, N64, and GB games.

40? even little girls will say that collection is puny. I have well over 500 games maybe even more.

Just kidding. It's small, not terrible though.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy'][quote name='gq5986']I consider myself a very hardcore gamer. i have almost every kind of game genre out there except strategy, can't stand em. all together i own almost 40 games. being that i have bought them almost all at full price, i've almost spent 2 G's on these games. just wondering if im the only one out there with these many games. how many games do U own?[/quote]

I think around here you'd be hard pressed to find someone with less than 40 games.[/quote]

i'm one of the only few...maybe 40 total games including pc, etc....but that's it :?

Considering that I don't own one PC game, my whole collection is console games. Therefore, I have a little over 120.

I have 368 games, I think. I think 30 or so might be PC. I don't know. I haven't bought (or stolen) a PC game in years, so consoles are pretty much the heart of my gaming existence.

I have no clue how much money I've dropped on my horrible gaming addiction, but I know it is too much.

wow... people here are nuts with their collection size-mania... I have 140 cross-platform, and I have way too many unfinished.

EDIT: I think to call oneself a "hardcore" gamer, one would have to beat hundreds of games, not possess them. To possess many games is to be a hardcore collector.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']wow... people here are nuts with their collection size-mania... I have 140 cross-platform, and I have way too many unfinished.

EDIT: I think to call oneself a "hardcore" gamer, one would have to beat hundreds of games, not possess them. To possess many games is to be a hardcore collector.[/quote]

Well I've beaten at least a third of my collection, but I'd consider myself more of a hardcore collector than gamer at this point.

current collection is roughly
300 xbox games
25 gamecube games
25 PS2 games
70 N64 games
60 SNES games
60 3DO games
40 genesis games
90 dreamcast games
130 NES games
110 atari 2600 games
30 PS1 games

Plus I have owned the atari jaguar with 20 games, turbografx 16 with 30 games, sega saturn with 30 games, around 70 more SNES games, around 100 more genesis games, sega CD with 30 games, colecovision with 25 games, around 150 PS1 games

I'm closing in on 200 games that I currently own. However, I did get rid of 80-90 games when I sold my NES, Genesis, 32X, and Saturn 3 years ago.

I dont have many, probably around 90, but I would consider myself a hardcore gamer, because I have beaten atleast half of my games fully, as in unlocked everything and such....

I've owned just under 100 games for the Xbox. But I sell them as I play them so I currently probably have about 45.

Spent an average of $9 per game ($850 total) and so far recouped just over $400 from the ones I've sold.

I also have a bunch of Genny, SNES, NES, 2600, PSX, etc games. Many of those I've picked up in lots or with a system for cheap.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']40, and you're a hardcore gamer? I've bought almost 40 this year (including PC).[/quote]

Seriously, there have been several times within the past few years where I've bought 40 unique games within a single month (just for myself, not as gifts or trade-in fodder). I guess you've got to start somewhere though.

i didnt know xbox had so many good games?? ive only got a handful. i think most of the xbox games suck with a few exceptions like ninja gaiden and of course halo 1 and 2!!

I owned XBOX, GC, GBA SP, DC, N64, PS2

all A++ titles for all systems & I have alot copies still brand new/seal ;)

GC = 40 games
GBA = 70 games
PS2 = 190 games
DC = 80 games
N64 = 30 games
XBOX = 50 games

wow the amount i have alone on the NES 450 PS2 20 GAMECUBE 15 DREAMCAST 50 SNES 15 SEGA GENESIS 13 PS1 15 GBA 5 SEGA SATURN 9 PC 10

all yall can kill yourself after this post. the envy will be too much too handle.
i've got about a dozen for xbox
less than a dozen for n64
snes and nes are the other systems i've owned, but i have no idea the quantity of games my mommy and daddy bought for me...i do remember my nes advantage joystick.

man, i just dont understand you people at all. ive got about 150 games max, and thats across 8 platforms over the last 17 years since i got my nes. i dont really consider myself a hardcore gamer or hardcore collector, i just buy what i like, i try to beat them all, i know i have beaten about 2/3 of the games i own, but definatly not all (i mean come on, some nes games are simply unbeatable).

but seriously, what is the point of buying 200 ps2 games, or 150 xbox games, or even 300 nes games? sure there are some truly awsome titles on every system, but come on, 80% of it is crap and filler, just to say you have a big collection, not because you actually care about what you buy. its excessive and senseless to waste money like that.

i dont konw, maybe im old fashioned and too cheap, but you shouldn't just buy anything just because its on sale or to increase the size of your collection. i mean, thats what seperates us from our girlfriends who buy shoes every fucking time they go to the mall for no reason...
that and the boobs.

[quote name='gaelan']all yall can kill yourself after this post. the envy will be too much too handle.
snes and nes are the other systems i've owned, but i have no idea the quantity of games my mommy and daddy bought for me...i do remember my nes advantage joystick.[/quote]

btw, this is a TRUE CAG, because a real CAG wouldnt have hundreds and hundreds of games on each system, he would be too much of a cheap ass to waste money on anything not worthy of it.

[quote name='scargums']but seriously, what is the point of buying 200 ps2 games, or 150 xbox games, or even 300 nes games?[/quote]

"Did we ever find out why Norman Bates kills? (Nope.) Did we ever find out why Hannibal Lector likes to eat people? (Don't think so.) You see it's a lot scarier when you don't know the motive." Skeet Ulrich, Scream

[quote name='scargums'][quote name='gaelan']all yall can kill yourself after this post. the envy will be too much too handle.
snes and nes are the other systems i've owned, but i have no idea the quantity of games my mommy and daddy bought for me...i do remember my nes advantage joystick.[/quote]

btw, this is a TRUE CAG, because a real CAG wouldnt have hundreds and hundreds of games on each system, he would be too much of a cheap ass to waste money on anything not worthy of it.[/quote]

some people collect comics...some beanie babies...some video games and on and on...

pre CAG, I'd buy a game on sale of course, play it. once it sat untouched for X amount of time, I'd ebay it, then use the funds to purchase another game. Rinse and repeat. Now I just put it on my trade list and hopefully trade it. That's basically what I did on ebay only I was paying to do it...here it is free (not including shipping fees).

true, i'm a cheap ass...partly by choice and partly not. i mean its pretty damn tough to tell my 3 year old that she can't eat this week cause i cleaned 8 TRU's out of their clearance stock across the state. honey, i know your hungry but check out how much EB credit i have.

if i had the $ and time, i'd probably buy more games. luckily the good lord has blessed me with other things to spend my money and time on...he also gave me video games.

btw, i'm impressed at some CAG collections. i wish i had kept up with all my atari2600, nes, snes gear, then i could show it off like others do on CAG.

WHERE DOES EVERYONE KEEP THESE GAMES?!
250+!
DAMN THATS CRAZY
I dont think i have over a hundred including nes, snes, N64, saturn, ps1, ps2 , xbox, GBC, GBA

[quote name='Scorch']I just hit around 115 for XBox, I have 50+ for PC, 20 or so on N64, 30 or so on SNES, around 75 NES games, 4 Gamecube games and 15 Game Gear games.

If you call yourself a "very hardcore" gamer, you're about to get owned by other people of this website.. the collections here are unreal.[/quote]

Thats awesome, but seriously, how can you find the time to play all those games for Xbox? There's no way you can actually finish many of those games. It takes me a few months to finish a game like KOTOR if i'm playing a few other titles at the same time.

oh, and i have about 7 NES games, 6 Sega Master System games, 5 Genesis, 6 SNES, 6 Playstation, 8 PS2, 13 Xbox games, and a zillion PC games over the years (ok more like 35).

For the earlier systems before playstation i was just a kid so i just rented a lot of games.

bread's done
Back