How many hours a week do you spend gaming?

Dragonsbane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Hello all,

Im in a stats class for college and I need to gather some data and I would like to ask your help. If you could could you answer honestly with an approximate amount of time you game each week, video games or other wise. I also would need to know your gender for my study. If you dont feel comfortable you can pm me, non of this will leave this site by my hand, Ill just take the raw data of hours and gender nothing else for my report. Unfortunately for my purposes I do need the amount to go with the gender so I cant do a poll, but if you could post here pr pm me that would be great, I need 40 people

Any help is appreciated.

I am a college male. During the school year I get about 20 hours of gaming in per week, all at night. During the summer that doubles. I don't know if this would be part of the study, but during the school year it's all single player; during the summer, there is much more multiplayer involved.

15-20 hours a week in college if I have something to play. Lately I've been pretty unmotivated with gaming, just been browsing the net.

During breaks though I can easily get 40-50 hours a week.

It varies depending on the game and how much time I spend at work. A good rough estimate would be 21, or 3 hours a day between consoles, handhelds, or time wasted on simple PC stuff. I can easily do more during days off. Less if I'm busy all day and one of my few shows is on that night.

Long answer: I've had MvC3 since Sunday and I've been playing 8 hours a day since I got it. If this continues throughout the week then I'd have 56 hours. Since I know I won't be able to play it that much later in the week, I'm gonna say about 40 hours this week with diminishing returns as the weeks continue.

Short answer: About 20?

Male.

5 to 8 hours a week male

Used to be more but between work, wife, and other responsibilities I don't have the time anymore.

I use to play all the damn time...I am talking atleast 10 hours a day....

But now I rarely even turn on anything other than my computer, I just randomly have absolutely no interest in gaming other than on the go (iphone)

Im going to say 15 hours a week.Male.I usually play about 2 hours a day due to school.Then Saturday's about 3 hours.Sunday will be 2 hours.

Between 10 and 12 hours I'd say. Which is actually way more than I should be spending considering all the other things I should be doing. Ugh...

It depends on my work week, so during the holiday season I would naturally get less, but right now averaging 25 hours. I figure...20 hours a week? Maybe a little more, but I think that might be close.

Also, 21 year old male.

If we are talking straight video games on average 15-25 (considering I have something to play, and what's on TV). I am a 24 year old male.

If you factor in other games like pen and paper rpg's, magic the gathering, etc. Then 20-30 hrs.

I don't know the answer, but it's not as much as most here, that's for sure. Male, married, have kids. My job and my family along with other interests take up a lot of my time. I definitely spend the most time playing games on my iPhone, in part because I can fit that in pretty much anywhere when time permits. Plus, often after the kids are in bed, the most I can do is collapse in bed and play some games on my iPhone. :)

Male: between 5 to 10 hours a week if I'm lucky (usually an hour a night starting around 10:30pm). Kids, wife and work take priority.

Male. It varies wildly. The past week I haven't gamed at all. If a new game I'm really into comes out and I can free up time I may put in 10-20 hours a week.

Most weeks I'd say I game 0-5 hours, usually in one or two nightly sessions--often on weekends. Again with the occasional weeks were I game a lot more than that when something like a Mass Effect 2 comes out.

Work and social life takes up a lot of time, and gaming also isn't my top hobby so I spend more time on movies, tv, sports and reading in my free time.

Last edited by a moderator:
On average...
Realistically about 4-5 hours a day for M-F, about 4-5 total on the weekend for a grand total of 25-30 hours. I am a male.

Holy crap guys, thanks for all the responses, Im almost to the amount I need, (although I need a minimum of eight women responses....) This is a HUGE help!!!!!

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Male, 50-60, minimum.[/QUOTE]

Jesus christ!

I don't think I've ever gamed (or spent that much time on any one hobby period) in any one week in my whole life. Even as a kid when free time was nearly unlimited.

To each there own I guess. I've never been obsessively into any one hobby. More a "variety is the spice of life" kind of guy so my free time has always bounced between multiple hobbies.

21 year old male

I average about 3~4 each weekday. Plus, weekends I easily play up to 10~13 hours. So 25~30 hours a week. Wow, I play a lot of games.

35 yo male - wife and kid so not near as much as I use to - I'd say probably 4-5 hrs average. Really just depends on what games are out. Most of that gaming right now is on xbox 360 and my ipod touch.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Jesus christ!

I don't think I've ever gamed (or spent that much time on any one hobby period) in any one week in my whole life. Even as a kid when free time was nearly unlimited.

To each there own I guess. I've never been obsessively into any one hobby. More a "variety is the spice of life" kind of guy so my free time has always bounced between multiple hobbies.[/QUOTE]

I'm a game tester, so my 9-5 is playing video games. Add in that I'm one of the few that also plays them in my free time and it adds up. Hell, during overtime on Forza I was probably putting in close to 80+ hours a week.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm a game tester, so my 9-5 is playing video games. Add in that I'm one of the few that also plays them in my free time and it adds up. Hell, during overtime on Forza I was probably putting in close to 80+ hours a week.[/QUOTE]

Ah. That makes sense.

Im also in the video game industry - so my work playing time would not be fair.

10-20 hours a week at home. I spend about 2 hours a night on average. Sometimes on the weekend, have friends over and do a gaming marathon. For example this weekend...MvsC3 bonanza! :bouncy:

Male - 27

Male - 21 (22 tomorrow)

average 10 - 15 hours a week. That's a rough average. Sometimes I play a good 20 hours/week, and there are times when I play nothing for 2-3 weeks straight. It all depends if there is a game that I just can't put down

Male, 10 hours on average.

Also married with a newborn. I try to sneak in a few hours at night after everyone goes to bed. Only problem with that is I end up stating up too late, then I have to wake up early the next day so I can help take care of the baby. I probably should stop doing it so much since I'm always exhausted.

In case you need a girl's response...

I probably get 2-3 hours of gaming in a day, with much more on the weekend. My husband and I are both gamers, so this helps. I would say about 20 hours a week. If I get that, I'm happy. ;)

[quote name='utopianmachine']In case you need a girl's response...

I probably get 2-3 hours of gaming in a day, with much more on the weekend. My husband and I are both gamers, so this helps. I would say about 20 hours a week. If I get that, I'm happy. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually I did need a female response thank you!

10 hours a week male.

Sometimes less, according to my schedule.

Things like class, studying, working out, seem to be more important.

Male. 0-3 hours.

Work, college, and my girlfriend keep me pretty busy. This is the first whole weekend in two years that we haven't spent together, so I'm playing the fuck outta games right now!

30 male work full time. I get in about 1-2 a night and maybe like 10-15 on the weekend. so almost 20 on average prolly. really depends on the week.

bread's done
Back