How many hours per week do spend with friends?

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
So I was thinking about how time I spend with my friends and I started wondering how much time people spend with their friends. So I figured I could start this thread and see. Here is the criteria:

Time in School or At work does not count as time with your friends even if they work there also.
XBL and PSN doesn't count.
Wife/Husband, Live in GF/BF or Partners don't count. Only people who you don't live with.

So How many hours do you spend per week with friends?

i picked 12+, i rarely have friends come over during the week. but people are always coming over on the weekend, and more often than not they stay the night because they arent allowed to drive home drunk

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Somewhere between none and two hours at the most.[/quote]

Agreed. When you have a full-time job and a family there's not much time for anyone else.

12+. Almost all day Friday (after 5) and Saturday are spent with friends. It also adds a lot of time if you're up till 3 getting drunk each of those nights.

[quote name='javeryh']Agreed. When you have a full-time job and a family there's not much time for anyone else.[/quote]And even if you do, no one wants to drive a half hour to hang out after work for an hour.

I guess I'll say 2 or less since an hour every three weeks averages out to more than "None."

I voted 12+. I try to have lunch or dinner a couple times a week with friends, make a decent effort to keep in touch with a certain few and throw in an occasional random in there. Then come the weekend there's always the need to find something to do. If you cut out the weekend I would probably vote 3-5 hours.

Unfortunately, my only real friends are my family and girlfriend.

Lost 3 to the military earlier in August, and the rest drifted away. Hope to change that soonish :)

With work and school though, not exactly hurting for free time nowadays.

More than 12+ but I find it shrinking as many of my peer group (27-30 yr olds) have begun the breeding cycle and spawned some drones for their brood so I find myself starting to hang out w/ my younger friends.

Interesting poll. I don't like the idea of the names being displayed with every vote though.

For me, it varies alot.

[quote name='sonicfreak5']i spend my saturdays and sundays. i have two sets of friends though Gamer and Rockers. lol[/quote]

lol

12+

Besides the fact that I'm in college and am literally surrounded by my friends everyday, I also captain an ultimate frisbee time and spend probably close to 10 hours a week with them alone. Throw in work (I realize it doesn't count) in a computer lab where a few of my friends (comp science) are at 1-3 hours a day and I'm a pretty social guy.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']My only friend is Jesus, and I spend every day with him.[/QUOTE]
You jerk, I was wondering what happened to my best friend!

[quote name='sonicfreak5']i spend my saturdays and sundays. i have two sets of friends though Gamer and Rockers. lol[/quote]

I am pretty much the same way, I have like 2 gamer friends and then a whole bunch of rocker friends.

Overall I said the 3-5. The only real thing I do with friends is go out to eat with them on sundays. Sometimes then(Like yesterday) I will get togther with them and play some games or make some music.

2 or less.

My situation is that while I'm at college, I spend ZERO time with friends. I just spend ALL day inside my apartment when I'm not in class or working in an open lab. I'm just not in any social circle. Instead, I just play with CAG members in online games while being at college, or chat with people on AIM. Only one time during my almost 6 years with college, I went out to eat with friends (I normally eat by myself).

When I go home, I sometimes do something with my old best friend, for around four hours (he just comes by and plays video games with me). He's really the only friend I have, and we aren't that close. Most all my friends come from forums, like CAG, GAF, etc.

Good idea for a thread

I'd say I spend roughly 2-3 hours with friends per week...unless of course its a break or something

[quote name='javeryh']Agreed. When you have a full-time job and a family there's not much time for anyone else.[/QUOTE]

or yourself, too; sad. [same boat here]

It takes effort to make time for friends. Social events become choices.

None to 2 hours.

My best friend recently got married so he has been busy. We go way back and would usually hang out with him and his brother pretty often. Most of my other friends from high school and college moved from this area. Usually I hang out with my brother-in-law more than anyone else now.

3-5 hours a week for me. I usually hang out with my best friend who's like a brother to me. As for the rest, I don't hang around with them much, since all of us branched out to other sets of friends.

The only time I get to spend times with my home boys is on Thursday night and Sunday afternoon. I love Thursday night because it's usually bar hopping or bowling. Sunday is pretty much attending an events such as a laker/clipper game or whatever.

Not much. We get together every once in a while, but aside from the ones that are dead, the ones that work overtime and the ones that became druggies, I at best spend time with one or a few of them once every few months. You sort of drift apart. I dunno if it's for the better, but I'm at peace with it.

on an average week other than at school, none. Ever since I quit my band I basically don't go out too much, but usually about once a month we'll have a marathon videogame night for a few hours.

I voted 12+ hours.

Those 12 hours are spread out from Thursdays to Saturdays of each week. Happy hours, bars/lounges, watching UT or the Rockets play.

bread's done
Back