How many times did you take your road test before you got you passed?

Nirvanaguy777

CAGiversary!
When I took my first road test I failed for a bullshit reason, I took it in staten island and I wasnt used to the roads w.o having lines and my driving instructor told me like on the last minute I realized the street was on was a two way and i was in the wrong lane so outloud I said oh shoot and moved to the other lane, then I saw the stop sign and was about to hit my break rather a abrupt stop than no stop but the proctor hit it for me since she was a nervous bitch and was like you were about to run the stop sign and I just put my head on the wheel and knew it was over, did my K turn perfectly and parked perfeclty, we drove back to the site and she looked over at me and said "what were you thinking, if you hadnt done what you did at the stop sign you would have passed your good enough of a driver", then she sighed and I felt like shit the rest of the day. Next time I took the test in sheepshed bay I think it was near a sewage factory, aced that test probably because my proctor wasnt a nervous nelly and I had street lines. So how many times did it take you, did anyone have it as bad as I did on the first try?

Once. I can't see how people fail the road test. Is it just anxiety or something or what?

[quote name='jmcc']Once. I can't see how people fail the road test. Is it just anxiety or something or what?[/quote]

yes and not being used to the process

[quote name='JimmieMac']It took me one time, mainly because I'm not a retard.[/quote]

well you are definatly an unfunny douche bag

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']When I took my first road test I failed for a bullshit reason, I took it in staten island and I wasnt used to the roads w.o having lines and my driving instructor told me like on the last minute I realized the street was on was a two way and i was in the wrong lane so outloud I said oh shoot and moved to the other lane, then I saw the stop sign and was about to hit my break rather a abrupt stop than no stop but the proctor hit it for me since she was a nervous bitch and was like you were about to run the stop sign and I just put my head on the wheel and knew it was over, did my K turn perfectly and parked perfeclty, we drove back to the site and she looked over at me and said "what were you thinking, if you hadnt done what you did at the stop sign you would have passed your good enough of a driver", then she sighed and I felt like shit the rest of the day. Next time I took the test in sheepshed bay I think it was near a sewage factory, aced that test probably because my proctor wasnt a nervous nelly and I had street lines. So how many times did it take you, did anyone have it as bad as I did on the first try?[/quote]

i think what scarys me the most is that you dont know the right line if they are not marked... I passsed on the first time but then again i think they pass everyone cause i almost got the person killed. They said go its your turn and i turned in front of a semi

the test is by far harder in Jersey and New York since we have some of the hardest areas to drive in, so the test is much harder for us

I failed my first (and only so far) time because I scraped the bumper doing a k turn. I also got a ton of bullshit stuff though. I need to take that again.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Alot of people dont under stand that it is MUCH harder in NY. Almost EVERYONE fails it the first time up there.[/quote]

dude i just said that, these people dont know man, NY REPRESENTIN

Don't get mad because The Man is keepingyou down with his bull shit "rules" and "laws" You don't know how to drive and shouldn't have a license.

regular license, one time, then I had to get a CDL for work, took that one time and passed. You think a regular road test is nerve racking, try the CDL for transporting hazardous material one, so many things to remember to do and not to do.

It took me one time...and thats all it should take. I'm guessing most people fail because of nerves??
If that is the case, they shouldn't be allowed to drive.
If I had it my way, anyone who failed would be forced to take drivers education over again, unless you had some kind of appeal process for a bullshit reason (of failing).
I don't mean to be a dick, but if you were driving in the wrong lane, you should have failed automatically...I can see why the person was nervous.

OOO i forgot to add. I got it the first time right , well my parents let me drive home from taking the test and wanted to stop at the store and i hit the wall of the store pulling up to park... IT was so freaking funny didnt even have it for an hour and already hit a wall

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I took it twice.[/quote]

how did you fail the first time[/quote]

I don't remember exactly, but I think it had to do with not knowing where the controls were at the begining of the test and not knowing which way to turn the wheels on a hill. :(

yea, im glad i dont live in one of the big cities...i wouldnt drive in the big cities anyway...bus would be good enough for me in NY...but i live in NC and cars are the ONLY way to go...

[quote name='JimmieMac']Don't get mad because The Man is keepingyou down with his bull shit "rules" and "laws" You don't know how to drive and shouldn't have a license.[/quote]

i have my liscense, i did fail because of bullshit last time, second time it was perfect, the instructor even said wow that was perfect, and he passed me, so ha

[quote name='chrisp450']It took me one time...and thats all it should take. I'm guessing most people fail because of nerves??
If that is the case, they shouldn't be allowed to drive.
If I had it my way, anyone who failed would be forced to take drivers education over again, unless you had some kind of appeal process for a bullshit reason (of failing).
I don't mean to be a dick, but if you were driving in the wrong lane, you should have failed automatically...I can see why the person was nervous.[/quote]

have you ever been to staten island, the lanes are narrow as hell, its nearly impossible to tell if its a two way street in some suburban areas, there were no cars parked on the opposite side for me to tell either, dude dont talk if you dont know alright.

I took my road test three times. I think the tester just had something against me (no idea what), because she couldn't tell me anything that I did wrong either time.

Once...but that would be because of Michigan's driver's ed system. It requires a lot of practicing, which is the only reason why I didn't fail completely.

96 on my english regent, was in AP english in highschool, got i think 680 on the english portion of the SATs, was going to major in it but decided to go with psychology in the end. I just dont feel I need to be proper and gramatical on a fucking message board.

Passed my test the first time. The guy basically had me drive around a neighborhood, told me I did good, and passed me.

I live in Ohio and passed it on the first try.

I guess I had a really nice instructor compared to who my friends got.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']
have you ever been to staten island, the lanes are narrow as hell, its nearly impossible to tell if its a two way street in some suburban areas, there were no cars parked on the opposite side for me to tell either, dude dont talk if you dont know alright.[/quote]

How are you gonna try to tell me something? "Don't talk if you don't know all right(alright is not a word ;).
No I haven't been to Staten Island....that isn't my point.
My point is, if you don't know the area you are driving in, you should PROBABLY pay MUCH more attention to your surroundings.
If you are driving down the wrong side of the road, that is your own fault, and you should not be allowed to drive.
You had to know when you posted asking how many times it took people to pass their driving test, you were gonna probably get some shit....especially if you explain that YOU DROVE DOWN THE WRONG SIDE OF THE STREET. YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ON THE ROAD IF YOU DO THIS...Obviously that is something you learned from, and it probably hasn't happened since...but your driving test should have been over RIGHT THEN.

I passed it the first time though I was incredibly nervous. I remember trying to start the car from a stop and my foot was trermbling over the accelerator.

Now, how many people failed the written test? Lol, I'll laugh if you got the "what is red and has eight sides" question wrong.

When I was at the BMV waiting for my test to be graded, a woman abut 35 failed her test and started freaking out and said "Not Again!" :shock:

I passed mine on the first try. I don't know about other states, but Ohio had a lot of funny questions on theirs...

I passed on my first try. It just... went well.

The instructor did take off points for a couple really dumb things though(one of them I am almost sure is total crap).

[quote name='SadieDee']Now, how many people failed the written test? Lol, I'll laugh if you got the "what is red and has eight sides" question wrong.

When I was at the BMV waiting for my test to be graded, a woman abut 35 failed her test and started freaking out and said "Not Again!" :shock:

I passed mine on the first try. I don't know about other states, but Ohio had a lot of funny questions on theirs...[/quote]

Yeah, I remember those. There was one about the speed limit if you're going down a dirt road with a truck with someone in the back. Another about how far your horn should be able to be heard. Those made me question if they seemed too easy and were a trick.

"have you ever been to staten island, the lanes are narrow as hell, its nearly impossible to tell if its a two way street in some suburban areas"

Isn't it usual to assume you are on a two-way street?

I took it thrice.

The first time, I had this fucking ASSHOLE guy who had something against me because I am a skinny dude with a decent car. He was this obese asshole, when he came out and saw my convertible, he rolled his eyes at me. So I did everything perfect, and I was like "fuck yeah, this asshole can't flunk me." and I roll into the parking lot, and he's like yeah, you were using the brakes too hard, and I think you rolled through a stop sign. Learn to stop and ease the brakes.. I'm like "WTF? I stopped for too long, if ANYTHING. And since when is smooooooth riding a requirement?"

Anyway, the 2nd time it was raining, and my car is a convertible, as I said, so it has a really tiny back window, and I clipped a cone on the parallel parking cuz I couldn't see it, heh.

Third time was fine, and I've only been in one little minor fender bender after about 15,000 miles. Go me.

Heh, first time. We took four rights and then back into the parking lot. Didn't make me park or anything. But what do you expect for Valdosta, GA...? Damn glad I got out of that place.

Actually, Bemiss Road (the main drag leading to Moody AFB) has the highest per capita death toll in the state. I guess no one at the DOT thought to link that stat to the ease with which one gets a license.

They even named it the Highway of Death in '97.

Only took me one try but a lot of my friends has to take it a few times. Here in MA you go out with a state trooper, and the one at the DMV in my town is known for his sadistic driving tests that are purposely designed to make people fail on obscure stuff.

bread's done
Back