How much do you think Halo 3: ODST will cost?

KingBroly

CAGiversary!
So I've kind of been wondering about this myself. Bungie said the game is not going to be a full game of Halo, but more of an expansion. This makes me think that ODST will not have a campaign as long as Halo 3, which would mean it'll cost less. However the difference here is that it'll have every Halo 3 map on the disc, including 3 exclusive ones. Then the fact that it's Halo, and Microsoft owns it now and will probably jump on the chance to charge full price on it.

So the question I'm asking is how much do you think they'll end up charging for it, and if you'll buy it at said price?

$50 Release.

$10 DLC one month after.

$30 me purchasing it.

.... oh and lets not forget the $170 Super Legendary Heroic Spartan Limited Edition that comes with a model of Master Chief's left leg.
Pre-order it soon at a 7-11 near you.

I believe Bungie said it would not come out at full price. ODST is basically a 3-5 hour campaign expansion, 24 maps (Halo 3, Heroic, Legendary, Cold Storage, Mythic), and a different gametype compatible with Halo 3 (ODST Multiplayer).

I'd wager $30-40.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I believe Bungie said it would not come out at full price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember that also, they said they didn't feel this was a full retail price game or something similar. I'd guess 40 bucks. Maybe 30 if they are feeling charitable, but I'm not counting on that.

Microsoft knows it'll sell simply 'cause it's a Halo game. $50.

$40 would be more reasonable, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping for $40, maybe $50, definitely won't be $60

Bungie already said that the game is more like an expansion and will cost less than a full game
Either way I'll be getting it. Also wish they would've kept it as Recon.
It flows much better than ODST coming out of your mouth.

I didnt know it comes with all the maps, now thinking about selling my copy. All I play is multiplayer anyways

Probably $40, if that high. Defiantly waiting on it to be on sale.

I would guess 49.99, especially if it is 3-5 hours. I hope though they get a good 8-10 hour campaign out of this, and sell it for 60 bucks. People love to hate on Halo 3 (anything that gets popular enough is going to get attacked) but for me the three Halo games all represent the pinnacle of console shooters. This team has yet to let me down, so I am expecting a lot. If word confirms the 3-5 hour campaign I will wait until it falls under 30. The great thing about Halo, is the multiplayer will still be strong LONG after the price drop, unlike a lot of other games.

I'd say standard price. I heard it will have all of the Halo 3 maps and packs, and some new maps.

$40 is the new $30/$20 from the PS2 era. So I can't see it being higher then $40. Even Bungie themselves said it wouldn't be full priced.

I'm hoping to God It's $40 considering how short the campaign will be, hell probably 2 hours if it allows four people again.

[quote name='GundNataku']Gamestop.com and Bestbuy.com both have it listed for $59.99.[/quote]

They probably have no clue what the price will be so they put it at the default 360 game price.
Because with pre-orders it would be much easier to lower the customer's bill when final price is released rather than increasing it if they guess too low.

bread's done
Back