How much does Madden Make

Logg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Me and my dad are watching the NFL pregame shows, and he talks about how much makes a game. He says he makes at least 2% a sale I said no way. I can't find out any info so far, so I thought CAG would know for sure.

I thought someone would not know kinda of cut he gets. Everytime I need to know something about videogames this site seems to know.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How the hell are we supposed to know?[/quote]

Are you trying to imply that a forum viewed by thousands of video gamers is not a good place to ask a question about a video game? Don't be such a dick.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Are you trying to imply that a forum viewed by thousands of video gamers is not a good place to ask a question about a video game? Don't be such a dick.[/quote]So, gamers are supposed to know about confidential endorsement agreements?

Hey gamers, how much did Billy Dee Williams get paid to be in the new Command and Conquer game!?

Hey gamers, how much does Greg Oden get for being on the cover of College Hoops 2K8!?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']So, gamers are supposed to know about confidential endorsement agreements?

Hey gamers, how much did Billy Dee Williams get paid to be in the new Command and Conquer game!?

Hey gamers, how much does Greg Oden get for being on the cover of College Hoops 2K8!?[/quote]Great job of being such a douchebag. I cant think of any other place that would be more fitting to ask that question. And dont lump yourself in with 'we' seeing that most of the members of this site wouldnt like you being such a cock burglar then being guilty by association.

Id say its a lot more then 2%. EA pays a sick ammount of $$ to the NFL, Madden, and NFLPA for licensing fees. I'd prolly venture to say in the area of 10-15% of profit dollars go towards John Madden. I read an article recently about how EA is trying to change business models and move away from big licensing fee games like LotR, Harry Potter, Madden and the sports games. True in house games that dont have licensing fees are where all the big $$ are made.

That guy is ANCIENT btw... watch sunday night football in HD.. he looks like he is on his death bed. Why he is still going from network to network anymore is beyond me. He prolly makes a cool 10million a year just from the game, why keep going on the road like that?

[quote name='Lupuri']He prolly makes a cool 10million a year just from the game, why keep going on the road like that?[/quote]
Ten years ago, Madden was making around 20 million per season as color commentator for Fox, IIRC.

He isn't paid per sale, he's contracted by EA for his likeness and as an advisor to the series. He renewed a couple of years ago, and judging by his telecasting contracts (4 years for $32 mil in 1994 with Fox O_O), my guess is he probably makes around $10-$15 mil per year for the game.

Gorilla - Why you so stiff? You need to smoke more brethren.

[quote name='slimpip']He isn't paid per sale, he's contracted by EA for his likeness and as an advisor to the series. He renewed a couple of years ago, and judging by his telecasting contracts (4 years for $32 mil in 1994 with Fox O_O), my guess is he probably makes around $10-$15 mil per year for the game.

Gorilla - Why you so stiff? You need to smoke more brethren.[/quote]It was a dumb question. His salary isn't made public, so unless someone here works for EA, and wants to violate an NDA, you won't be getting the right answer.

[quote name='Lupuri']Great job of being such a douchebag. I cant think of any other place that would be more fitting to ask that question. And dont lump yourself in with 'we' seeing that most of the members of this site wouldnt like you being such a cock burglar then being guilty by association.

Id say its a lot more then 2%. EA pays a sick ammount of $$ to the NFL, Madden, and NFLPA for licensing fees. I'd prolly venture to say in the area of 10-15% of profit dollars go towards John Madden. I read an article recently about how EA is trying to change business models and move away from big licensing fee games like LotR, Harry Potter, Madden and the sports games. True in house games that dont have licensing fees are where all the big $$ are made.

That guy is ANCIENT btw... watch sunday night football in HD.. he looks like he is on his death bed. Why he is still going from network to network anymore is beyond me. He prolly makes a cool 10million a year just from the game, why keep going on the road like that?[/quote]

And you are a dick bag for acting like you know anything about the situation, yet add nothing to the question at hand. Speculation is all you are going to get. Way to point out someone being a douche, yet not looking in the mirror. Yeah, I know. Irony is hard to stop.

I bet he does it for free now. You know, cause it is football! FOOTBALL! *waves hands in your face* FOOTBALL!!

[quote name='Kendal']And you are a dick bag for acting like you know anything about the situation, yet add nothing to the question at hand. Speculation is all you are going to get. Way to point out someone being a douche, yet not looking in the mirror. Yeah, I know. Irony is hard to stop.

I bet he does it for free now. You know, cause it is football! FOOTBALL! *waves hands in your face* FOOTBALL!![/QUOTE]

And you're the bitch jerking your pencil dick inside of a douche bag because your a fan of Manu

OP, did you think that he makes more or less than 2%? just wondering..

ive also wondered how much money the players association makes off of these sports games.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']And you're the bitch jerking your pencil dick inside of a douche bag because your a fan of Manu[/quote]

How astute. Actually, I am not a fan of Manu. I just find the picture funny. You didn't complain about my pencil dick inside your ass last night. Neither did your mom. Happy holidays dicklips, and have a happy new year. Hope you can get better insults.

Many of these endorsements figures not shown in public, unless they get pay a lot. Like, those Micheal Jordan nike deals or Kobo Bryant with Mc Donalds and Sprite. According to Kotaku, players get around 200k and they have to make public appearance to "pimp the game". That's chump change compare to sneaker deals, fast food or large corporations, these companies may offer $3 million or more for superstar players.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/madden/tomlinson-turned-down-madden-cover-feared-work-not-curse-253496.php

edit- oops, I thought you meant the players. I remember an old article that he get 6-10 million per year. Royalties per game? I'm not 100% sure. i think they pay him a small percentage

[quote name='Kendal']How astute. Actually, I am not a fan of Manu. I just find the picture funny. You didn't complain about my pencil dick inside your ass last night. Neither did your mom. Happy holidays dicklips, and have a happy new year. Hope you can get better insults.[/quote]You wonder why not even your dog will lick the peanutbutter off your balls.

Braintrusts, where should he have asked this question? I never said I knew the answer, or that this site would be the place to get the answer. But its a good way to start.

Nevermind, Im cool cause I talk trash about people on the interweb, where I dont have to wear my glasses or put on pants.

bread's done
Back