How much have You Made with TRU90%+EB 2=$10...?

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Post your proffets from your "games that you got 90% off and traded in at EB for +$10 extra every 2 games". Just say how much store credit it has earned you. I'm curiouse to see what other people have made it to.

Paid: little over $50
EB Proffets/Credit: $152 :D

4 wipeouts = 10.00
4 primals = 6.00
1 universal studio=2.50
1 blacknbruised=2.00

total paid=20.50
total credit=~58.00

[quote name='Rig']$0.00 spent at TRU (they had nothing!)
$0.00 credit at EB[/quote]

:(
*hugs rig*

Hey man... stop grabbing my ass! :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']160 spent + 450 credit at FYE= cheapest PSP on cag ^_^[/quote]

I paid off my PSP with jumpacks. Beat that! :twisted:

hey, I know how you feel... the legendary CC sale didn''t do much for me. After spending an entire week searching almost all CCs in south Florida, the only item I ever got that was worth anything to me was Ape Escape 2... and that's out of 2 items i found :cry:

so don't worry... something better will come down your alley... just don't go down the alley on the left. I heard it has giant hairy groping men in there. :?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'][quote name='Rig']$0.00 spent at TRU (they had nothing!)

hey, I know how you feel... the legendary CC sale didn''t do much for me. After spending an entire week searching almost all CCs in south Florida, the only item I ever got that was worth anything to me was Ape Escape 2... and that's out of 2 items i found :cry:

so don't worry... something better will come down your alley... just don't go down the alley on the left. I heard it has giant hairy groping men in there. :?[/quote]

yeah with mann boobs and goes by the name DLF

Spent $30...Made $120 ($50 is on a presell for SW: Republic Commando and $70 in store credit.)

Come to think of it...I could cancel my SW if I don't like the game, add my $70 and a $30 preorder I have on the PSP, and end up paying $100 for it on the 24th. That I might have to consider...

I didn't pick up a great deal from TRU...but I traded in two Drakes and a Primal that cost me about 10 bucks total for 40 bucks worth of credit at FYE. Which...at FYE...that doesn't amount to much, but I finally picked up Mr. Show Season Four and a spindle of blank CDs, so it wasn't too bad for what I paid.

I can't allow myself to exploit this deal, because I would feel like a horrible douchebag. How on Earth do you people justify this to yourselves???

...If you can tell me how you can justify it, I'll probably start doing it too...

tru $26
eb (-$10)

there weren't any non sport titles for current generation systems :( and eb had a complete saga frontier 2 for $10. oh well gonna go try again tommorow at a different TRU

[quote name='bowsernieb']I didn't pick up a great deal from TRU...but I traded in two Drakes and a Primal that cost me about 10 bucks total for 40 bucks worth of credit at FYE. Which...at FYE...that doesn't amount to much, but I finally picked up Mr. Show Season Four and a spindle of blank CDs, so it wasn't too bad for what I paid.[/quote]

How much Primal trade in at FYE?

[quote name='c']I can't allow myself to exploit this deal, because I would feel like a horrible douchebag. How on Earth do you people justify this to yourselves???

...If you can tell me how you can justify it, I'll probably start doing it too...[/quote]

Well for one thing, I talked to the EB employees about the whole deal while they were scanning my items. I even pointed out to them what I was doing, how much I paid for the items they scanned, and how much i proffeted. They liked it.

And if THAT dosn't convince you, all the TRU employees have been practictly shoving this deal into my face as soon as I start talking about it with them. they love it.

so enjoy the deal, or you'll have a hard time considering yourself a CAG

[quote name='c']I can't allow myself to exploit this deal, because I would feel like a horrible douchebag. How on Earth do you people justify this to yourselves???

...If you can tell me how you can justify it, I'll probably start doing it too...[/quote]

Its not like we are bending the rules or anything. We are kinda helping them by providing them with mint games. They would give the same credit for our mint games that they give to some people who have the exact same game by is worn.

I'm not going to go overboard and build up thousands of dollars worth of credit though. I just went to a few TRU's and helped them clean out their iventory (the purpose of the sale) and spent about $15. Then traded those games in and got about $60 in credit.

If EB didn't want all those crap games, they would not have done a deal like this. Giving an extra $5 on ANY game.. what did they think would happen.

[quote name='c']I can't allow myself to exploit this deal, because I would feel like a horrible douchebag. How on Earth do you people justify this to yourselves???[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Spent $95, received 285, 190 profit...not to shabby.

Primal is fetching .50 cents masha at eb[/quote]

10 at FYE.

I don't feel bad about this deal at all. I asked at TRU if I could buy what ever I wanted and the guy told me to get rid of them.
I even left the price tags on the games. The FYE MANAGER rung me up and asked if I hit somekind of TRU super sale. I told him everything was 90% off and he said cool!

[quote name='Xtreme331']you suck... all of you. found absolutely nothing at TRU when i went. zero zip zilch nada nein nuttin bullsh*t. :whistle2:( oh well.[/quote]

remember, this is a very YMMV intensive deal

i'm so jealous.. i'm an hours away from a TRU... i guess i'll have to get a few days off from work next time theres something like this..

heh o well.. nice people.. looks like it worked out.

I do it mainly b/c i hate these corporations. Hastings had a similar deal where i was trading $15 of used games for $50 dollar new games. I did feel like a douche at first, but after thinking of all the times that Hastings screwed me over, it felt good getting even.

So find a reason to hate the FYE corp, or EB corp, or whatever, and stick it to the man.

I got a profit of over $210 and I paid $0. That's because I use the magic coupon instead of waiting for the 90% sale.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']in my opinion the best thing to do with the store credit is to pre-order the PSP so that when you pick it up, you pay ALOT less than $250[/quote]

Looks like I'm taking girlfriend for a trip to Toy's R US on our day off tomorrow.

[quote name='injun'][quote name='c']I can't allow myself to exploit this deal, because I would feel like a horrible douchebag. How on Earth do you people justify this to yourselves???

I do it mainly b/c i hate these corporations. Hastings had a similar deal where i was trading $15 of used games for $50 dollar new games. I did feel like a douche at first, but after thinking of all the times that Hastings screwed me over, it felt good getting even.

So find a reason to hate the FYE corp, or EB corp, or whatever, and stick it to the man.[/quote]

I used to think of it like that too. But then again, if you think about it, if it weren't for people taking advantage of deals like these, they wouldn't need to recoup thier losses by ripping people off.

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='injun'][quote name='c']I can't allow myself to exploit this deal, because I would feel like a horrible douchebag. How on Earth do you people justify this to yourselves???

So find a reason to hate the FYE corp, or EB corp, or whatever, and stick it to the man.[/quote]

I used to think of it like that too. But then again, if you think about it, if it weren't for people taking advantage of deals like these, they wouldn't need to recoup thier losses by ripping people off.[/quote]

Yeah they would.

ok nother question, is ebgames selling just the psp pack alone for 250ish or do you have to get their bundle for 400 cuz that would mean like 30 trips back n forth n i dont wanna bother

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='dpatel'][quote name='injun'][quote name='c']I can't allow myself to exploit this deal, because I would feel like a horrible douchebag. How on Earth do you people justify this to yourselves???

I used to think of it like that too. But then again, if you think about it, if it weren't for people taking advantage of deals like these, they wouldn't need to recoup thier losses by ripping people off.[/quote]

Yeah they would.[/quote]

Not as much. Look at GR. They had some great deals at first. Then they started putting limitations like "no sports titles" or "no PS1 games". Because people kept abusing the trading deals.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='jputahraptor']Spent $95, received 285, 190 profit...not to shabby.

Primal is fetching .50 cents masha at eb[/quote]

10 at FYE.

I don't feel bad about this deal at all. I asked at TRU if I could buy what ever I wanted and the guy told me to get rid of them.
I even left the price tags on the games. The FYE MANAGER rung me up and asked if I hit somekind of TRU super sale. I told him everything was 90% off and he said cool![/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name='phatbunbao']ok nother question, is ebgames selling just the psp pack alone for 250ish or do you have to get their bundle for 400 cuz that would mean like 30 trips back n forth n i dont wanna bother[/quote]

Yeah, they should have the $250 PSP value pack available for preorder, I preordered one today at EB.

Same here. I couldn't find anything. Oh well...you win some, you lose some.

bread's done
Back