How to ignore DenisDFat forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='"defender"']Also DDF can get himself banned through poor decisions on his posting. It has happened in the past and it can happen again. Someone feels all ticked off and looses their cool and suddenly they post something extremely inappropriate and get banned.

It really boils down to IF you want to be here or not. Some members get fed-up and decide to lash out. The lashing-out is the problem. No one says we have to like each other...just be civil. Personal attacks aren't something we need to do. I always find personal attacks on the web rather dumb considering usually people don't know each other beyond the forums. What's the point of that?[/quote]

I reported an obviously extremely inappropriate post last night, and that poster isn't banned.

Either tell us not to bother you with these problems, or ban these troublesome posters. Both isn't working.

Geesh...is it something about vBulletin that's causing everyone to freak the fuck out? The "personalities" that seem to be catching all the heat are not new to the forums, yet now that we have an ignore function, everyone's flipping about them.

You can't expect to report someone and they will get banned. That's not how it works.

Also you should report posts that you feel are a problem. I do no want to discourage that function as it is really important but sometimes the ignore feature will just take care of the problem. We have gotten some really odd post reports but CheapyD recently changed the text in the report page and even added a link to the ignore list.

So at least things are getting adjusted.

btw lina- nice kitten

That post was about as offensive as can be, however.

Ignoring someone isn't always the solution, because then someone else argues with that poster about their idiocy, and it keeps going and going and going...

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Geesh...is it something about vBulletin that's causing everyone to freak the fuck out? The "personalities" that seem to be catching all the heat are not new to the forums, yet now that we have an ignore function, everyone's flipping about them.[/QUOTE]
That probably is the problem.

Of course, the irony is that we don't NEED to ban them now that we can just ignore them. That hasn't been enough to calm the bloodlust, though.

[quote name='Lina']That post was about as offensive as can be, however.

Ignoring someone isn't always the solution, because then someone else argues with that poster about their idiocy, and it keeps going and going and going...[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am wrong but isn't it you that argues about their idiocy over and over? Also you seem to offend easily. Is it possible that you just can't stomach CAG? I ain't even complaining about a DDF as a whole..I am just ignoring him and stating my view about his poor post quality. You however seem to take offense and cause a lot of contraversy around you? Are you called a drama queen often in real life? Is that your personality? I am just wondering.

I am easily annoyed but it's incredibly hard to insult or offend me. Don't be offended by my post...we all have personalities I am just curious on how you see yourself. I know how I am and I am honest about it. You can look at my self-title for proof. :)

Defender, I agree with you 100%. Why should a member who only posts 'blank sucks' ' your a whore' numerous times a day be allowed here? What is that person adding to this site? As-is, I wish this site was limited to people the age of 16 or older, and alot of the poster's seem like middle-schoolers with nothing else to do.

I also say we should change the wording of 'Ignore Option' to 'DDF Function'.

[quote name='gizmogc']I also say we should change the wording of 'Ignore Option' to 'DDF Function'.[/QUOTE]

Now that made my laugh..thanks I think we all needed a laugh out of this thread.

No, I don't. Notice that I don't reply to these posts. I bitch to you first through reported posts. Then, I bitch here. ;)

I don't like reading how some guy wants to jizz on me. I hope you can understand that.

[quote name='defender']Now that made my laugh..thanks I think we all needed a laugh out of this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Ive had that comedy gold saved up for a while...just waiting to use it. SERIOUSLY, I think on the ignore function page, it should automaticly list DDF and all you need to do is click 'Add'. I think the reason the board has been down so much is an overload in the 'I'm adding DDF to ignore' function. When you have 1,000 members adding him at the same time, the board goes nuts!

[quote name='gizmogc']Defender, I agree with you 100%. Why should a member who only posts 'blank sucks' ' your a whore' numerous times a day be allowed here? What is that person adding to this site? As-is, I wish this site was limited to people the age of 16 or older, and alot of the poster's seem like middle-schoolers with nothing else to do.

I also say we should change the wording of 'Ignore Option' to 'DDF Function'.[/QUOTE]

You've made quite clear your feelings for DDF in past posts. I've seen flames, flame bait, and even an entire thread devoted to insulting him.

I'll be the first, well, maybe not THE first, to admit that his posts are annoying. I'll even say that he is very repetitious. I could not support in an argument that he has ever added anything erudite, or really anything more than juvenile, to this site.

However, I firmly stand up for his right to speak his mind, regardless of what he is saying. He doesn't need to be educated, mature, intelligent, or articulate to have a voice. Unless he is posting deliberate threats and personal attacks, his ability to post should not be inhibited. You can ignore him all you want. But please, point the fount of hatred and intolerance somewhere else.

"I disagree with what you say, sir, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire

[quote name='fanskad']However, I firmly stand up for his right to speak his mind, regardless of what he is saying. He doesn't need to be educated, mature, intelligent, or articulate to have a voice. Unless he is posting deliberate threats and personal attacks, his ability to post should not be inhibited. You can ignore him all you want. But please, point the fount of hatred and intolerance somewhere else.

"I disagree with what you say, sir, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire[/QUOTE]
Even though I agree with you, we've got to remember that the message board doesn't have the First Amendment rights attached to it. If he angers the mods or CheapyD - which it seems that he did - then none of us can protect him.

[quote name='fanskad']You've made quite clear your feelings for DDF in past posts. I've seen flames, flame bait, and even an entire thread devoted to insulting him.

I'll be the first, well, maybe not THE first, to admit that his posts are annoying. I'll even say that he is very repetitious. I could not support in an argument that he has ever added anything erudite, or really anything more than juvenile, to this site.

However, I firmly stand up for his right to speak his mind, regardless of what he is saying. He doesn't need to be educated, mature, intelligent, or articulate to have a voice. Unless he is posting deliberate threats and personal attacks, his ability to post should not be inhibited. You can ignore him all you want. But please, point the fount of hatred and intolerance somewhere else.

-Voltaire[/QUOTE]

That fact is, he has NOTHING to say. If he would leave today, knowone would care, nor notice. Its not like there are a few people that dislike him, nearly EVERYONE does.

[quote name='Lina']No, I don't. Notice that I don't reply to these posts. I bitch to you first through reported posts. Then, I bitch here. ;)

I don't like reading how some guy wants to jizz on me. I hope you can understand that.[/QUOTE]

whole lotta bitchin going on

and please if your going to complain about something dont make up serous shit like that, there may be assholes on CAG, but there are certainly no sex deprived inmates lookin for a cellmate

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Even though I agree with you, we've got to remember that the message board doesn't have the First Amendment rights attached to it. If he angers the mods or CheapyD - which it seems that he did - then none of us can protect him.[/QUOTE]

The only mod I noticed expressed displeasure was defender. He then stated that he didn't want to take the role of a moderator.

I understand that we do not have First Amendment rights here. That's why I didn't quote the amendment. I focused on the history and the reasons for free speech.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']whole lotta bitchin going on

and please if your going to complain about something dont make up serous shit like that, there may be assholes on CAG, but there are certainly no sex deprived inmates lookin for a cellmate[/QUOTE]

She didn't make that up. JimmieMac was the one who said that. I think that post has since been removed though.

[quote name='gizmogc']That fact is, he has NOTHING to say. If he would leave today, knowone would care, nor notice. Its not like there are a few people that dislike him, nearly EVERYONE does.[/QUOTE]

Because someone doesn't have a coherent message, or even a message at all, does that marginalize his ability to make a statement?

If you don't like what he is saying, don't listen.

If you don't like him, click ignore.

If you don't like the fact that he is on this site even after you have ignored him, leave.

Don't attempt to force someone out through your own intolerance.

[quote name='fanskad']Because someone doesn't have a coherent message, or even a message at all, does that marginalize his ability to make a statement?

If you don't like the fact that he is on this site even after you have ignored him, leave.

Don't attempt to force someone out through your own intolerance.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='fanskad']Because someone doesn't have a coherent message, or even a message at all, does that marginalize his ability to make a statement?

great stuff, i think that should be on the forum rules or something, but i also think that if someone is being a problem, in general, and on purpose, they should be removed, if just to make a better place out of cag, instead of bulletproofing your car as your drive through queens, get rid of the criminals.

Got you. So at school there is a bully. Every day he punches you and 10 out of 20 of your classmates. We should not listen, right? Ignore him? At that time, the school would do what, just say 'Well, just ignore him and he'll stop'. No, the school would kick him out. Which is what should be done is this case. Its not like all he says is 'blank sucks', he has made racist remarks, as well as sexual remarks. That shouldn't be tolierated here considering this site has members 13 and under. When a respected moderator comes out and lets us know how many times members are reporting posts made by DDF, then action HAS to be taken.

[quote name='KrazyKefka']She didn't make that up. JimmieMac was the one who said that. I think that post has since been removed though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was deleted. And most posts that I have reported have been handled eventually.

I'm just not understanding what the admins/mods are doing here.

They have made it quite evident that they don't want to be annoyed with people reporting posts.

From the admins themselves:

"Someone feels all ticked off and looses their cool and suddenly they post something extremely inappropriate and get banned."

I've reported 5 posts. 3 of which were constantly harassment and fighting towards me... 2 were extremely sexually degrading posts.

Yet, I'm being called a "drama queen" and "starting trouble" for reporting them, and not even replying to these posters when they say this stupid shit... and the thought of banning them is a joke.

Either:

1) Don't let us report anything.

2) Don't say you're going to ban anyone.

I'm not trying to start an argument... I'm just trying to figure out how this board works. Thanks.

Has anyone here ever been banned? I noticed in the Trade forum there are some members who have ripped off others, yet they still post here.

[quote name='Lina']Yes, it was deleted. And most posts that I have reported have been handled eventually.

I'm just not understanding what the admins/mods are doing here.

They have made it quite evident that they don't want to be annoyed with people reporting posts.

From the admins themselves:

"Someone feels all ticked off and looses their cool and suddenly they post something extremely inappropriate and get banned."

I've reported 5 posts. 3 of which were constantly harassment and fighting towards me... 2 were extremely sexually degrading posts.

Yet, I'm being called a "drama queen" and "starting trouble" for reporting them, and not even replying to these posters when they say this stupid shit... and the thought of banning them is a joke.

Either:

1) Don't let us report anything.

2) Don't say you're going to ban anyone.

I'm not trying to start an argument... I'm just trying to figure out how this board works. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This is what I posted in the OTT, but not everyone reads that so I thought I should post this here as well:

I don't get why the mods get mad that people complain, when right afterwards they complain about the job they were asked to do. If you didn't want to do it, you shouldn't have took it. Its your job to listen to the community and do what you deem neccesary. It seems as though you guys only want to do the "do what you deem neccesary" part without listening to the community since it bothers you so much. You say its one useless post that you can skip over, but then complain about the one email you get. You probably get as many reported posts as there is annoying posts we have to read.

[quote name='gizmogc']Got you. So at school there is a bully. Every day he punches you and 10 out of 20 of your classmates. We should not listen, right? Ignore him? At that time, the school would do what, just say 'Well, just ignore him and he'll stop'. No, the school would kick him out. Which is what should be done is this case. Its not like all he says is 'blank sucks', he has made racist remarks, as well as sexual remarks. That shouldn't be tolierated here considering this site has members 13 and under. When a respected moderator comes out and lets us know how many times members are reporting posts made by DDF, then action HAS to be taken.[/QUOTE]

you can ignore posts, to the point where you cant even see em, but how the hell to you ignore a punch, tell me that, bad analogy, and your just mimicing what i said

[quote name='zewone']I agree. This is what I posted in the OTT, but not everyone reads that so I thought I should post this here as well:

I don't get why the mods get mad that people complain, when right afterwards they complain about the job they were asked to do. If you didn't want to do it, you shouldn't have took it. Its your job to listen to the community and do what you deem neccesary. It seems as though you guys only want to do the "do what you deem neccesary" part without listening to the community since it bothers you so much. You say its one useless post that you can skip over, but then complain about the one email you get. You probably get as many reported posts as there is annoying posts we have to read.[/QUOTE]

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I couldn't agree with you more zewone.

[quote name='gizmogc']Has anyone here ever been banned? I noticed in the Trade forum there are some members who have ripped off others, yet they still post here.[/QUOTE]
There have been bans before. MWL, Cloudspekk, and antonio are the three that come to mind, but I know that there have been others too.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']There have been bans before. MWL, Cloudspekk, and antonio are the three that come to mind, but I know that there have been others too.[/QUOTE]
cloudspekk, isnt that mighty slackers old name

Wow, I missed a lot. :shock:

Masha calm down if DDF was actually speaking his mind he'd have something to say, a few of his posts are funny but 90% of them are the same three lines again and again and as far as your other problem goes like I said wait 3 weeks patterns aren't easily broken.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']cloudspekk, isnt that mighty slackers old name[/QUOTE]

No it isn't mighty slacker busted cloudspekk screwing people

and also bobbin and No!, I am William H Macy's earlier screen names are also banned, as well as dozens of spammers who pop up at 12pm PST and dump referall links.

[quote name='gizmogc']Got you. So at school there is a bully. Every day he punches you and 10 out of 20 of your classmates. We should not listen, right? Ignore him? At that time, the school would do what, just say 'Well, just ignore him and he'll stop'. No, the school would kick him out. Which is what should be done is this case. Its not like all he says is 'blank sucks', he has made racist remarks, as well as sexual remarks. That shouldn't be tolierated here considering this site has members 13 and under. When a respected moderator comes out and lets us know how many times members are reporting posts made by DDF, then action HAS to be taken.[/QUOTE]

First, younger than thirteen year olds should not be on a website unsupervised. I do believe that was one of the components of the CDA and why all the sites now ask to make sure you're older than 13 before allowing you to register.

Second, your analogy is off. A punch is a violent act. An insulting comment is not. Words have no power if you do not give them power. A better analogy would be abortion clinics. When people stood outside and yelled at the ladies going in, the Supreme Court ruled that the protesters had to stay seven feet back, but could shout anything they chose.

The ignore button is your seven feet.

Thirdly, racist and sexual remarks. I believe that would fall under the canopy of obscenity. "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it." Don't force everyone to accept your definition of obcenity. I've already adressed the issue of the quality of his speech.

Finally, defender is not a moderator. He could take on the role, but he refuses to accept the responsibility. Perfectly understandable. But, I will not substitute his judgement for my own. No other moderator complained about the increased number of reports. Defender is allowed to take action to see that he doesn't have to read the speech. The ignore button.

The moderators should police the use of the report feature to make sure it is not over/misused.

[quote name='fanskad']The only mod I noticed expressed displeasure was defender. He then stated that he didn't want to take the role of a moderator.

I understand that we do not have First Amendment rights here. That's why I didn't quote the amendment. I focused on the history and the reasons for free speech.[/QUOTE]

I understand you showing your displeasure toward me but in no way have I used my moderator/admin powers in this. I just made a post in OT. So I am not sure why I have to be singled out as a displeasing mod. As much as I have gotten the reported posts..I don't think even one time have I made an action as a moderator. There are enough good mods here to do that. Punqsux, Casey and the rest do a VERY good job of moderating imho.

Also I expressed my opinion to CheapyD about starting an adult only forums where anything would go. A forums like that would be rather fun imho as I prefer to say what I want and I do not believe in censorship. I do believe in rules though and also being civil to each other.

[quote name='fanskad']First, younger than thirteen year olds should not be on a website unsupervised. I do believe that was one of the components of the CDA and why all the sites now ask to make sure you're older than 13 before allowing you to register.

Second, your analogy is off. A punch is a violent act. An insulting comment is not. Words have no power if you do not give them power. A better analogy would be abortion clinics. When people stood outside and yelled at the ladies going in, the Supreme Court ruled that the protesters had to stay seven feet back, but could shout anything they chose.

The ignore button is your seven feet.

Thirdly, racist and sexual remarks. I believe that would fall under the canopy of obscenity. "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it." Don't force everyone to accept your definition of obcenity. I've already adressed the issue of the quality of his speech.

Finally, defender is not a moderator. He could take on the role, but he refuses to accept the responsibility. Perfectly understandable. But, I will not substitute his judgement for my own. No other moderator complained about the increased number of reports. Defender is allowed to take action to see that he doesn't have to read the speech. The ignore button.

The moderators should police the use of the report feature to make sure it is not over/misused.[/QUOTE]

damn are you in like law school or something, thats some good stuff man

That's a very poor analogy.

[quote name='defender']I understand you showing your displeasure toward me but in no way have I used my moderator/admin powers in this. I just made a post in OT. So I am not sure why I have to be singled out as a displeasing mod. As much as I have gotten the reported posts..I don't think even one time have I made an action as a moderator. There are enough good mods here to do that. Punqsux, Casey and the rest do a VERY good job of moderating imho.

Also I expressed my opinion to CheapyD about starting an adult only forums where anything would go. A forums like that would be rather fun imho as I prefer to say what I want and I do not believe in censorship. I do believe in rules though and also being civil to each other.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like an excellent idea.

I wasn't singling you out as a moderator. I was responding to the claim that all the moderators are complaining about the number of reports.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']damn are you in like law school or something, thats some good stuff man[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just trying to deconstruct her argument intelligently. I only studied legal stuff for a quarter. I love the law to death, but I would not want to be a lawyer.

Well maybe I overstated the complaint of the mods and reported posts. Let's say instead that it has been discussed and CheapyD has made appropriate adjustments. I do know that some mod agree with me and some don't. That's fine because that's life and how opinions work.

Nice posts btw fanskad. I really love a good debate so much better than a flame war. I actually prefer to read posts by guys like you and JSweeney than DDF. I don't mind those that disagree with me.

I went back and read the first 2 pages of this topic and really is my posts all that bad? I didn't call him out for a flame war. The topic is simply titled "How to ignore DenisDFat forvever" which is rather funny imho....I am suprised he didn't get a kick out of it. He has to know how many people don't like his posts here. It shouldn't be anything new to him. Just like I know who does and doesn't like me here and the reasons why. Not until page 3 did I mention that I wished DDF was banned and that was only after it was discussed a couple times.

To be fair..maybe DDF shouldn't be banned. Let's say I did have the power to ban (like I do at all my other sites). Would I ban DDF? Nope...and you know why!! Because he sparks topics, discussions, and debate. We have all just spent our time at CAG just because of DDF. Personally as an official troll I think DDF should be rather happy with himself. Normally when I have a user that the members don't like I send a PM to that user about calming his posts down or possibly changing his post style. I certainly make sure the user doesn't personally attack anyone. On my forums I have zero tolerance to personal attacks and generally so does CheapyD. I have not witnessed myself DDF personally attack anyone.

As a member and forum reader I wish DDF wasn't here. If I owned this site I wouldn't ban him.

I hope this clarifies some of my positions on this. I really don't want to appear to be the bad guy here calling out a ban on a user. That's not the topics intention despite what some here may think.

[quote name='fanskad']Nope. Just trying to deconstruct her argument intelligently. I only studied legal stuff for a quarter. I love the law to death, but I would not want to be a lawyer.[/QUOTE]
someone who knows law, loves it, but doesnt want to be a lawyer, america needs more of you my friend, and less of the people who sue coworkers for saying "you look nice"

[quote name='Ozzkev55']someone who knows law, loves it, but doesnt want to be a lawyer, america needs more of you my friend, and less of the people who sue coworkers for saying "you look nice"[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that.

It's good to hear kind words.

Thanks!

I absolutely love watching this kinda stuff unfold, human personalities clashing in a common place like this is classic. Cheers and on with the fight.

P.S. Thanks for the entertainment while I am rebuilding a SQL server with my NA.

[quote name='JSweeney']You two refereing to Masha and Kayden, or you two refering to Kayden and myself.

If it's the latter, I'm rather sorry for creating extra work for you, but with all the crap she's having to take, someone has to be a rather vocal advocate for Lina in things like this.[/QUOTE]

haha, not you sweeney. how could i ever be angry at the knight in shining armor? (perhaps its time for that avy to come back?)

[quote name='Lina']

I don't like reading how some guy wants to jizz on me. I hope you can understand that.[/QUOTE]

...i guess you and are are just different people :lol:

[quote name='defender']Well maybe I overstated the complaint of the mods and reported posts. Let's say instead that it has been discussed and CheapyD has made appropriate adjustments. I do know that some mod agree with me and some don't. That's fine because that's life and how opinions work.

Nice posts btw fanskad. I really love a good debate so much better than a flame war. I actually prefer to read posts by guys like you and JSweeney than DDF. I don't mind those that disagree with me.

I went back and read the first 2 pages of this topic and really is my posts all that bad? I didn't call him out for a flame war. The topic is simply titled "How to ignore DenisDFat forvever" which is rather funny imho....I am suprised he didn't get a kick out of it. He has to know how many people don't like his posts here. It shouldn't be anything new to him. Just like I know who does and doesn't like me here and the reasons why. Not until page 3 did I mention that I wished DDF was banned and that was only after it was discussed a couple times.

To be fair..maybe DDF shouldn't be banned. Let's say I did have the power to ban (like I do at all my other sites). Would I ban DDF? Nope...and you know why!! Because he sparks topics, discussions, and debate. We have all just spent our time at CAG just because of DDF. Personally as an official troll I think DDF should be rather happy with himself. Normally when I have a user that the members don't like I send a PM to that user about calming his posts down or possibly changing his post style. I certainly make sure the user doesn't personally attack anyone. On my forums I have zero tolerance to personal attacks and generally so does CheapyD. I have not witnessed myself DDF personally attack anyone.

As a member and forum reader I wish DDF wasn't here. If I owned this site I wouldn't ban him.

I hope this clarifies some of my positions on this. I really don't want to appear to be the bad guy here calling out a ban on a user. That's not the topics intention despite what some here may think.[/QUOTE]

bravo defender, thats one hell of a post.

id also like to add that even though often i has a complete opposite opinion as other vocal mods, and members of this site, i have a good deal of respect for most everyone here.

[quote name='punqsux']...i guess you and are are just different people :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Agreed. I missed that in the earlier exchange.

[quote name='Kayden']:whistle2:k A notable loss to the boards, or to you? I really don't see any great contribution on her behalf... I see random posts, but nothing significant. I'm not saying I'm anything special. Do you want her to stay because she makes some contribution I'm missing, or is it just because shes female?[/QUOTE]

Both. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss Lina if she stopped posting.
However, she's been just as active and productive in many, many threads as just about any other poster. If you question my bias, ask Shrike4242 or multitudes of the other posters. I have a feeling the results would surprise you.

[quote name='JSweeney']Both. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss Lina if she stopped posting.
However, she's been just as active and productive in many, many threads as just about any other poster. If you question my bias, ask Shrike4242 or multitudes of the other posters. I have a feeling the results would surprise you.[/QUOTE]

It's not my place to judge the quality of another poster.

But I would miss her, if for no other reason than I wouldn't ever get to look at that supremely beautiful face ever again.

Although she's replaced it of late with a kitten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back