How to sell demo discs for more than $50.

I don't know what's worse, the seller's description or people stupid enough to bid on the auction with the sellers horrible 93.5% feedback and complaints about them selling burned CDs

This is awesome. And this guy can get away with it because of how he listed the item.

I have about 50 demo discs... ;)

Can someone copy me the description? I can't get to ebay at work, but I still wanna laugh at stupid people.

Holy balls. I hate eBay.

[quote name='Kayden']Can someone copy me the description? I can't get to ebay at work, but I still wanna laugh at stupid people.[/QUOTE]
Here ya go:
YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE FOLLOWING GAMES- GOD OF WAR, MLB 2006, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM,FLATOUT,FINAL FANTASY X-2,ARC THE LAD.DEMO YOU ALSO GET TIPS,HITS AND CHEATS. BIDDING STARTS AT .01 CENT CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTIONS!!

Winning bid: US $45.00
Ended: Jun-11-05 22:15:19 PDT
Start time: Jun-08-05 22:15:19 PDT
History: 11 bids (US $0.01 starting bid)
Winning bidder: kinensai ( 12)
Item location: grants pass, OR
United States
Ships to: Worldwide
Shipping costs: US $8.00 - Other (see description) (within United States)

I believe the latest OPM had all those demos because I remember something on the back about classic RPG demos (FFX2 and Arc the Lad) and I know it had GOW.

That is really shit.. I read it as 6 games and Arc the lad demo. The other games should be complete. I hate how so many people are scam artists on ebay these days.

Shouldn't the buyer think something is up when they wint he auction for $45 when all of those games go for way more than that?

[quote name='fieldkillah']I believe the latest OPM had all those demos because I remember something on the back about classic RPG demos (FFX2 and Arc the Lad) and I know it had GOW.[/QUOTE]
You are correct. The auction listing is the contents of this month's OPSM demo disc. This isn't even a lot of several demo discs; it's just one.

There's no doubt about it. The poor high bidder just paid $53 shipped for this month's OPSM demo disc. The magazine, with the disc, retails for $7.99, I believe, and I think is $39.99 for a year subscription.

[quote name='eldad9']when you see something like this, the right thing to do is contact at least the high bidder, but it's too late now.[/QUOTE]

Close... the right thng to do is find the winning bidder, and all other bidders, and castrate them to keep them from producing little stupid people.

[quote name='Kayden']Close... the right thng to do is find the winning bidder, and all other bidders, and castrate them to keep them from producing little stupid people.[/QUOTE]
It's the sellers fault for such a misleading listing. I feel sorry for the winner. I bet they thought they just got the deal of the century...sad.

The seller listed the item correctly.

"...FINAL FANTASY X-2,ARC THE LAD.DEMO YOU ALSO GET TIPS,HITS AND CHEATS..."

He ended the sentence on what games are contained on the disc, and then said it was a demo. How is it considered a scam?

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a scam. I agree with you. But his item is listed so that bidders should be able to figure out that it's only a demo disc.

...Wow. That's actually pretty smart; to me anyway. E-bay's full of dumb sh*t, though. I had some guy from China try to sell me a new X-Box and five games for $100. Upon checking his feedback ratings, only three other people had rated him, and positively. Their spelling was very similar and guess where they were from. Their comments were one sentence long and stated things like: "he is very goo.d you should by fr om him"

[quote name='Blade']The seller listed the item correctly.

He ended the sentence on what games are contained on the disc, and then said it was a demo. How is it considered a scam?

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a scam. I agree with you. But his item is listed so that bidders should be able to figure out that it's only a demo disc.[/QUOTE]
How about because it's not clear at all that he's selling demos?

Reading that description, I sure couldn't tell that it was a demo disc. It looked more like he was either throwing in a demo disc with the games or that just Arc the Lad was a demo. Grammar helps immensely, as does using the plural forms of words when they should apply...

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a scam. I agree with you. But his item is listed so that bidders should be able to figure out that it's only a demo disc.[/QUOTE]
Here's the big problem I have with his listing:

YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE FOLLOWING GAMES- GOD OF WAR, MLB 2006, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM,FLATOUT,FINAL FANTASY X-2,ARC THE LAD.DEMO
I guess it shouldn't require much brainpower for a bidder to figure out, from the "demo" part, that these are all demos, or at least get the idea to ask, but it's quite obvious to me that the seller was hoping and intentionally trying to fool someone. If he hadn't been trying to mislead people, he would have said "You are bidding on a PS2 demo disc containing demos of the following," or something to that effect, not "You are bidding on the following games."

It doesn't look like he's quarrelsome about ripping people off. Look at the mentions of "burns" among his negative feedback.

It's always a scam when the title is misleading. Does the title describe what's being auctioned?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']How about because it's not clear at all that he's selling demos?

Reading that description, I sure couldn't tell that it was a demo disc. It looked more like he was either throwing in a demo disc with the games or that just Arc the Lad was a demo. Grammar helps immensely, as does using the plural forms of words when they should apply...[/QUOTE]

There's no grammar problem. What he obviously means is:

...FINAL FANTASY X-2,ARC THE LAD.
DEMO YOU ALSO GET TIPS,HITS AND CHEATS..

These are the full games. In addition, the demo version of the winning bidder will also receive those tips, hi[n]ts and cheats. Now, I for one don't have a demo version of myself, so I probably wouldn't have received that extra bonus.

No, he said you are bidding on the following GAMES: GOW, etc., then ends the sentence, and in the next sentence, types DEMO. It is clearly a case of being misleading. I stopped shopping on Ebay because of stuff like this, as well as bootleg and horribly scratched games listed as new or mint.

this guy is definitely deceiving the buyers. he makes it sound like the whole games are included except arc the lad. an ebayer who is selling copied games and putting up deceptive auctions should be banned from ebay period.

It's always a scam when the title is misleading. Does the title describe what's being auctioned?
Oh, yeah, I hadn't even thought of that. The title of the auction is total BS. It advertises "PS2 GAMES." This is a rip-off, 100%. The seller should get kicked off eBay. Anyway...

[quote name='eldad9']There's no grammar problem. What he obviously means is:

...FINAL FANTASY X-2,ARC THE LAD.
DEMO YOU ALSO GET TIPS,HITS AND CHEATS..

These are the full games. In addition, the demo version of the winning bidder will also receive those tips, hi[n]ts and cheats. Now, I for one don't have a demo version of myself, so I probably wouldn't have received that extra bonus.[/QUOTE]
Took me a second to catch on to the joke there, but yeah, that's pretty funny. :D

I sent the buyer a message telling him what we think and giving him a link to this topic.

This guy's going to be taken off ebay. We'll see to that. ;)

Without having time to read all of the other posts, I hope I'm not the only one amused by the fact that listed among his other auctions is a Hank Williams Jr. Greatest Hits cd.

[quote name='Kayden']Close... the right thng to do is find the winning bidder, and all other bidders, and castrate them to keep them from producing little stupid people.[/QUOTE]

Why do you feel the need to hurt people who have done nothing illegal, and nothing wrong except for paying a little less attention than they should have? Without dishonest sellers this wouldn't even be an issue. Take it out on the sellers if you must.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I don't know what's worse, the seller's description or people stupid enough to bid on the auction with the sellers horrible 93.5% feedback and complaints about them selling burned CDs[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='Samurai X']I'm pretty sure the buyers contacted the seller to verify all this prior to bidding ![/QUOTE]
Probably not, or else they wouldn't have agreed to pay $53 for a demo disc.

I don't know whether to think the $8 shipping is just a general ripoff, or to help the impresssion that he is sending six separate games in DVD cases.

Dude, I thought you posted that before. Did you delete it and repost it so people would notice? You sneaky snake. ;)

[quote name='eldad9']Why do you feel the need to hurt people who have done nothing illegal, and nothing wrong except for paying a little less attention than they should have? Without dishonest sellers this wouldn't even be an issue. Take it out on the sellers if you must.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply I'd let the seller go unscathed either.

Dishonest people die immediatedly. Honest -but stupid- people should just be disallowed to breed.

[quote name='Death2Sanity']Without having time to read all of the other posts, I hope I'm not the only one amused by the fact that listed among his other auctions is a Hank Williams Jr. Greatest Hits cd.[/QUOTE]

Or is it supposed to be "Hank Williams Jr. Greatest Hints cd"

[quote name='electrictroy']When I sold this disc, all I got was 1 lousy cent.

Man, honesty just doesn't pay.

;-)[/QUOTE]

3rd time's a charm ;)

lol@spreadtheword's reply :D

some of you guys are way off base with this one. It's just some lady that sits around all day selling everything she can get her hands on. she probably did not mean to rip anyone off. she's probably just not very bright.

[quote name='polaricecaves']some of you guys are way off base with this one. It's just some lady that sits around all day selling everything she can get her hands on. she probably did not mean to rip anyone off. she's probably just not very bright.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i hope you're not serious.... :lol:

did you read everybodys replies? the evidence is overwhelming against this seller. first off, this seller has poor feedback. on more than one occasion, they have sold burnt cd's! secondly, these games just happen to be the same one's listed on an opm demo disc. third, the wording is extremely suspicious. fourth, i don't think anybody in their right mind would sell all those "full" games for $50. :lol: X2

if you really believe that this person isn't ripping the buyer off, i suggest you don't buy anything on ebay LOL.

[quote name='polaricecaves']some of you guys are way off base with this one. It's just some lady that sits around all day selling everything she can get her hands on. she probably did not mean to rip anyone off. she's probably just not very bright.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: lemme guess... you're the seller?

bread's done
Back