How valuable is The Minish Cap?

beane316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
372 (100%)
My local FYE has a sealed LoZ: TMC for $30 and I was just wondering if it's worth buying. I used to have a copy and it's not a bad game, but I'm not a big zelda fan, though I like Link. Just wondering since I could always trade it on here or even decide to keep it.

I'd say just buy it. Zelda game or not, it's one of the highest quality games I've ever had the pleasure of playing on a portable system. :D

Video game as investment? In that case no since Nintendo prints so many copies of each Zelda games that it'll never become rare enough to be worth it. This isn't even factoring in the future ports to newer systems.

Minish Cap is pretty rare, but you'd probably get around MSRP for it, maybe $40.

It's a good game though. I've only gotten an hour or two into it since I have so much other stuff to play, but so far it's great.

Yea, I kinda regret not playing it more when I had it and so I was sort of on the fence. In case I didn't like it, that's why I mentioned it being sort of an investment, like if I'd get it back or not if I didn't like it. Being a Zelda game though, I kinda figured I would ;) I'll still think about it

I dunno. I had planned on playing it unless it was ultra rare or something, which it doesn't seem to be, and then I'd probably just keep it sealed.

You should get it if you want to give the game another shot. Just looking at Ebay, it seems like you could get most of your money back if you don't like it. I've seen a lot of copies at GS/EB/GC, but cart-only, so I think the rarity is more about finding it complete or sealed. A few people have recently found it at Kmart on clearance.

I bought it at FYE for $30 new a few months ago because I really wanted to play it and didn't want cart-only or risk getting a bootleg from Ebay. I ended up finishing it and it's a great game. A few weeks later, I found it at Kmart for $5. :???:

A new sealed copies are going for like $30-$35 currently but seeing as how it's going for that much this many years later, it'll probably increase in value in the future.

I paid like $22 for a new copy back when it came out and it was well worth it. If you really wanna play it, just pick up a cart only copy for cheap.

[quote name='munch']Wait, Minish Cap is rare?[/quote]

You could make an argument that pretty much any boxed GBA game is hard to find, outside of ebay.

I've got a copy with box, manual, cart and everything - just not sealed. I'd take $40 for it... hmmm... eBay here I come!

[quote name='laaj']Video game as investment? In that case no since Nintendo prints so many copies of each Zelda games that it'll never become rare enough to be worth it. This isn't even factoring in the future ports to newer systems.[/quote]

OoT Gold carts aren't even worth more than their grey counterparts, unless you can go back in time to when the game was new then you'll have people scrambling for it.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Yeah, the actual cap itself is quite rare.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I found one on clearance at Wal-Mart. It's annoying like the one in the game.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='munch']Wait, Minish Cap is rare?[/QUOTE]Yeah, the actual cap itself is quite rare.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Yeah, the actual cap itself is quite rare.[/quote]
I actually started making one out of felt. The only thing I have left to do is the weird thing that sticks out of the goose's head.

[quote name='munch']Sweet. I found one on clearance at Wal-Mart. It's annoying like the one in the game.[/quote]Does it look like the hat in your avatar?

Minish has held pretty steady between $30 ~ $40 over the years. No great spikes either way.

Personally, I found the game disappointing. Cute at times, but over all, I thought it pretty dull. I was hoping for a game maybe not as good as, but close to A Link to the Past, but it wasn't anywhere close IMO.

A new sealed copy? Yeah pretty rare. Seems like Nintendo stopped printing 'em after a while or something. I haven't seen any copies in stores since my trip to Oregon last year at a Best Buy. Probably should have bought it then.

bread's done
Back