How will the world end?

a stupid thread will start a flame war that will expand to riots and after much civil unrest the military will step in and counties will take sides and then MAD

The world has a ways to go, at least another billion or two billion years. People on the other hand, nuclear holocaust.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']a stupid thread will start a flame war that will expand to riots and after much civil unrest the military will step in and counties will take sides and then MAD[/QUOTE]

Probably a thread about how the world will end, no doubt.

BTW, I can't wait to see all the disappointed and stupid people on December 23, 2012.

Scientists believe the end of the world will look something like this:

longcat.jpg

Define end. Does anything really end? Does what we see as an end really become the end? How does the end of one effect the end of another? Will my answer ever end?

[quote name='keithp']
BTW, I can't wait to see all the disappointed and stupid people on December 23, 2012.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'll end up having to go Christmas shopping, after all.

Oh, and this is how we kill ourselves Half Life style.
demo-hadron_collider.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Not with a bang, but a whimper.[/quote]

Bastard! You beat me to it.

[quote name='keithp']

BTW, I can't wait to see all the disappointed and stupid people on December 23, 2012.[/QUOTE]

not sure how many people would be disappointed by the world not ending.

Do you mean how humanity will end or how the world itself will end?

Humanity = evolution into a creature that won't be man as we know it now but will still be humanoid

Earth = pulled into the sun billions of years from now

people will kill themselves off with war and pollution. with the way things are going in the world i dont really think the end is too far off.

Microsoft will run the world on one HUGE ASS operating system in the sky. One day we will look up, and the term "blue screen of death" will have a whole new meaning.

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Well, Ramstoria said it first and Sofa King Kool just accentuated it.

Think: the future leaders of this world are brought up in the internet flame war and stupidity of the internet. I'm guessing that statistically, we could probably guess that at least one future politician/leader will have been a 4chan /b/tard.

Game Over.

[quote name='Scorch']Not with a bang, but a whimper.[/QUOTE]

That's how the universe ends, not the world. There is a difference. Not a huge one, but still.

Unregulated genetic engineering/biotech or unregulated nanotechnology.

Someone will develop a bacteria or nanomachine that does something useful or benign, but when it gets out into the wild, by accident or otherwise, it turns out the side effect is that it destroys all life.

Example: A bacteria that secrets ethanol as a waste product, but it gets out and it turns out it inhibits root function in plants and destroys all plant life, with animal life to follow shortly.

With nanotech you've got the grey goop doomsday scenario.

Technology will kill us.

[quote name='lilboo']
sarah-palin-1.jpg
[/quote]

I still would.

In 3-4 Billion years, the Sun will have consumed all it's own energy and look for something else to feed itself...First Mercury, then Venus and then Earth, and so on until there is nothing else in the Milky Way. Then it will Red Dwarf.

Either that or he will find us:

92105-67800-galactus_super.jpg

bread's done
Back