HP custom PC (i7-6700, 980Ti, 16GB Ram, 2TB HDD, 500W) for $1127 with coupon

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!
Great deal for these specs with a 980Ti. The coupon code is good for 30% off any custom PC over $1199.00 or more. Personally I'd recommend upgrading to the i7-6700k. If you're looking for a great deal on a PC for playing games, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal even building it yourself. The last time this deal was live it didn't last terribly long, as they ran out of 980Ti cards, so jump on it if you need the upgrade.

Main page for the 750se: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/deskto...-n3g97av-aba-1
Customization page: http://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureV...657&quantity=1

Coupon Code: spring2016

Wondering if it's worth waiting on the 1070/1080 cards coming out the end of the month...
That's where I'm at too. I've been following this deal for months but haven't pulled the trigger yet. There will always be new cards coming out but the 980ti is still top of the line and will be for a while. I've been reading about this 750se deal on several forums and everyone says its a great rig.

If you believe nVidia, the 1080 that comes out the end of the month will pass the 980 for the same MSRP.

NDA is up in several days so we should start seeing real life stats.

That's where I'm at too. I've been following this deal for months but haven't pulled the trigger yet. There will always be new cards coming out but the 980ti is still top of the line and will be for a while. I've been reading about this 750se deal on several forums and everyone says its a great rig.

If you believe nVidia, the 1080 that comes out the end of the month will pass the 980 for the same MSRP.

NDA is up in several days so we should start seeing real life stats.
If only we had time to wait and see. This deal ends in less than six hours lol

I took advantage of this deal in April and no regrets here. I'm finally playing through my massive Steam catalog and everything I've played has been a blast of this rig. Everything looks and plays incredible, whether it's something from 10 years ago or something new like Doom or The Division.

I took advantage of this deal in April and no regrets here. I'm finally playing through my massive Steam catalog and everything I've played has been a blast of this rig. Everything looks and plays incredible, whether it's something from 10 years ago or something new like Doom or The Division.
How loud is it? I've heard people say the fan gets pretty loud.

How loud is it? I've heard people say the fan gets pretty loud.
I have my PS4 hooked up to the same monitor and it's actually louder than the PC when I plan Uncharted 4. That said, this PC can get fairly loud, especially since I use a custom Afterburner setting that keeps the fan pretty high so I don't fry the GPU. It's loud, but it's not a huge distraction and I don't notice it at all when I use headphones (which I do a lot).

In all seriousness though I really couldn't recommend anyone spending $1200 on a PC right now. The big next gen hardware is supposed to be later this year and the performance upgrade over the current (and mostly 3+ year old hardware) is supposed to be quite significant.

It's a good deal if you have to buy now but if you can wait you'll probably be better off if you're not replacing or rebuilding fairly often.
Isnt it almost better to just build a custom pc? You have the parts you want and cant anyone make something that can match these specs or better?

Ya this thing been running a while. It was on neogaf and like others said for this much youre way better off builiding it yourself and not getting shit oem motherboard and generic ass memory. Not to mention the shit oem psu and fans. Cmon. Be the pc master race not the put two high end components in a plastic box full of shit and sell it as a gaming pc.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will never build it yourself for that price.

It's a cheaper prebuilt monster gaming PC.  Which pretty much never happens....

Go ahead and try to build it yourself for that price.  Won't happen ;)

You don't have to do any work and it comes with a warranty.  Still a great deal.

Also, the PSU and Fan are fine.  I'm not sure where the misconception that all prebuilts come with crap PSU and other components comes from.

It's a standard, reliable Bronze PSU.  The Fan is just a fan.  It works.  It blows air.  The system doesn't overheat.  

And really?  Memory?  You're going to complain about arguably the least important functional part of a gaming PC?  The timings matter so little.... it doesn't even compute.....    The RAM is standard.  It's been tested to not be dead on arrival.  If you care about the RAM that much, you might as well spend $2,000+ on a machine you build yourself.  

I mean... I love PCs.   But the stupid things PC "elitists" say are absurd at times.    The PC is a steal for what you're paying.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back