HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
So how accurate is bestbuys store tracker? Mine says in store only but going to the store i didn't find any and the employees said there were none. Was I lied to or?

[quote name='Chris249942']So how accurate is bestbuys store tracker? Mine says in store only but going to the store i didn't find any and the employees said there were none. Was I lied to or?[/QUOTE]

It's hard to honestly say... (maybe someone can do better) I mean in theory if someone is holding it but isnt checking out because idk they want to know if they should get the 32 or not... then while they're sold out it wont be out of the system. I can say after I went to a store which "had them" they claimed they sold them all. This took another 40 mins to change from in store to nothing. (after getting there) and 1.5 hours if you include my time since calling.

[quote name='Strigol']...HP customer service sucks....Currently at 1hr 32 minutes and still waiting to speak to someone...Why did they have to schedule my delivery while I was out of town :([/QUOTE]
I waited for over 2 hours and gave up the other night. I was pretty disgusted, I keep reading around the net that people have been able to get through. . . .who knows how long they're waiting.

[quote name='joshrocker']I waited for over 2 hours and gave up the other night. I was pretty disgusted, I keep reading around the net that people have been able to get through. . . .who knows how long they're waiting.[/QUOTE]

2 hrs 12 minutes and counting now, and from what I understand HP's customer service closes in 30 mins

[quote name='Chris249942']So how accurate is bestbuys store tracker? Mine says in store only but going to the store i didn't find any and the employees said there were none. Was I lied to or?[/QUOTE]

I tried to go buy a touchstone today because it said in store only. They were all out of stock, so I don't think it means anything

[quote name='Strigol']2 hrs 12 minutes and counting now, and from what I understand HP's customer service closes in 30 mins[/QUOTE]

I really need to try and get through again but don't want to subject myself to the torture of their hold music. not to mention them constantly telling me someone will be with me shortly when no one was going to be with me.

[quote name='joshrocker']I really need to try and get through again but don't want to subject myself to the torture of their hold music. not to mention them constantly telling me someone will be with me shortly when no one was going to be with me.[/QUOTE]

Equal parts speaker phone and bluetooth are the only things keeping me going...Every time I get the "please hold and someone will be with you shortly" followed by the click click...I get my hopes up I'll hear a voice instead of that crappy elevator music

Edit: Icing on the cake. My other order is from DataVis, which is apparently half retarded at the moment as well. I'm so waiting to see what this mass email "later tonight" will say

I'm about ready to cancel them both and tell my mother and cousin to find their own damn touchpads

[quote name='shrike4242']I gave up trying to figure out where the break between the 1/5 reviews and the non-1/5 reviews end up, and I stopped looking at 67 pages in. :lol:

Also, I expect their Amazon rating to take a similar hit very shortly.[/QUOTE]

its possible that the score is divided by 6. So if you rate everything 1 star then its a score of .4 making .4 the lowest possible score. Though I could be mistaken.

[quote name='SynGamer']http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Onsale - Holy shit, their rating is at 0.65 now :D[/QUOTE]How do you get below 1? Wow. They look like a new outfit and before this week, had a respectable rating and in one ill-considered move, blew themselves up on a single product. Harsh.

Q: If they had notified people within 24 hours that they were OOS instead of waiting three days and not having a clear statement of how they were handling things, would everyone be howling for their scalps and wiping their reputation out?

[quote name='shrike4242']I gave up trying to figure out where the break between the 1/5 reviews and the non-1/5 reviews end up, and I stopped looking at 67 pages in. :lol:

Anyone have a link for their Amazon page/account?

I had it on speaker phone the whole time and was carrying it around in my pocket after while. For the first hour or so I kept getting excited every time the recording would come on thinking someone was going to answer. . . . Of course they never did. Its hard for me to believe they actually have that many calls holding. I really want to know how many people they have answering the phones.

[quote name='DirkBelig']How do you get below 1? Wow. They look like a new outfit and before this week, had a respectable rating and in one ill-considered move, blew themselves up on a single product. Harsh.

Q: If they had notified people within 24 hours that they were OOS instead of waiting three days and not having a clear statement of how they were handling things, would everyone be howling for their scalps and wiping their reputation out?[/QUOTE]
I think that if they had sent out a mass email within 24 hours that there had been some sort of error, and they could in no way handle all the orders they received, that people would be much more forgiving.

[quote name='DirkBelig']How do you get below 1? Wow. They look like a new outfit and before this week, had a respectable rating and in one ill-considered move, blew themselves up on a single product. Harsh.

Q: If they had notified people within 24 hours that they were OOS instead of waiting three days and not having a clear statement of how they were handling things, would everyone be howling for their scalps and wiping their reputation out?[/QUOTE]Probably not, though they've done some other big screw-ups in just fulfilling orders.

They seem to have no rhyme or reason to which orders were fulfilled, so their line of "first come, first serve" is complete crap.

They also removed negative posts from their Facebook page since it would tarnish their image.

Q: If they had notified people within 24 hours that they were OOS instead of waiting three days and not having a clear statement of how they were handling things, would everyone be howling for their scalps and wiping their reputation out?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't. I would have been pissed but they made us wait 3 days and then we received cancellation notices from Amazon I believe. It's the 3 days of no communication that did them in. I know for a fact they could have sent a mass e-mail, but they didn't. Shame on them :)

[quote name='DirkBelig']

If they had handled this the way you mentioned, I would say no.

Case and point: Barnes and Noble

[quote name='Maskim']I think that if they had sent out a mass email within 24 hours that there had been some sort of error, and they could in no way handle all the orders they received, that people would be much more forgiving.[/QUOTE]
Considering how the general public/scumbag slickdealer acts when they don't get what they want (see Youtube video of that German kid freaking out) I highly doubt the public would've been very forgiving. People like to overreact.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I feel bad for them.[/QUOTE]

I dont see how you can... While this is WAY larger than they deserve; I did give them a .4 (my theory is that every start is actually worth .8 and is then averaged out between all your stars.) you have to remember how EASY it would be to resolve. 1 mass email saying there was a glitch and orders will be handeled as best we can... would have saved them. Some people might vote them badly, but many will let it be and the winners will most likely void the losers.

However posting vague stuff on a facebook page and giving people them at seemingly random ratios makes this deserved. The scale was too large for them to do so poorly.

[quote name='DirkBelig']: If they had notified people within 24 hours that they were OOS instead of waiting three days and not having a clear statement of how they were handling things, would everyone be howling for their scalps and wiping their reputation out?[/QUOTE]

I think they would have been ok. Look at all of the other retailers that over sold. I'm pretty sure every retailer has at this point from HP to best buy and everyone in between.

[quote name='shrike4242']They seem to have no rhyme or reason to which orders were fulfilled, so their line of "first come, first serve" is complete crap. .[/QUOTE]
Exactly! I didn't leave a crappy rating because my order was cancelled. It was because there were people that ordered after me and their orders were fulfilled.

Looks like the bottom is starting to come out of the resale market on ebay. Several going off without a bid starting at 240 with fs. Any CAG wanna trade a 32 gb for 4 years of live? I also will foot the shipping.

Did ANY PLACE alert buyers within 3 days,though?
Zones didn't. Still hasnt.
Insight took 3 days.
B&N took some. What about HP? They took FOREVER...and they own the damn product.

It's lame to single out some of these companies. Point your finger at HP and leave it at that. It's much easier than destroying the rep of 5 companies.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I feel bad for them.[/QUOTE]

i do also, they shipped my order, i'll be giving them a positive review even tho it wont mean much.

[quote name='kklems']Looks like the bottom is starting to come out of the resale market on ebay. Several going off without a bid starting at 240 with fs. Any CAG wanna trade a 32 gb for 4 years of live? I also will foot the shipping.[/QUOTE]

Looking for anything else besides XBL?

The op on slickdeals said that his/her Zones.com order shipped, but mine is marked as in process still. Called and the rep just said they were out and my order would be canceled. fuck.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Quick question. When everyone is talking about tickets from BB, what exactly are they talking about? Is it like black friday where you stood in line and the first X number of people got a ticket/number and then when the store opened, they were redeemed?

The reason I ask is because I just received an unexpected call from my BB that my Touchpad is ready. they said I am number 3 and I need my ticket to pick it up. I placed an order for store pickup on Sunday, but it was cancelled since they did not have them in store. I have not received any ticket or waited in line. This is very odd.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so an update to my own post. I decided to print out my original store pick-up order from Sunday and take the 10 min ride to my local BB. Explained the situation to CS about the phone call and lack of number. She told me that they filled the in-store-pickup orders before the numbers were handed out this morning to the mob-line that was waiting outside the store.

Technically, my order was cancelled, but the Touchpad was set aside and I was number 3 - even though I didn't wait this morning.

Cool...

[quote name='McNutsack']Did ANY PLACE alert buyers within 3 days,though?
Insight took 3 days.
B&N took some. What about HP? They took FOREVER...and they own the damn product.

It's lame to single out some of these companies. Point your finger at HP and leave it at that. It's much easier than destroying the rep of 5 companies.[/QUOTE]

B&N didnt take 3 days only like 1, they sent $20 GC to orders canceled.
Zones and Insight are not as respectable as OnSale. Since OnSale is from Macmall we expect much better. HP actually notify people on the situation.

[quote name='McNutsack']It's lame to single out some of these companies. Point your finger at HP and leave it at that. It's much easier than destroying the rep of 5 companies.[/QUOTE]
How is it HP's fault? Their own fowl-ups in stock and overselling, definitely their own fault. Everyone else not being able to manage their own stock is not HP's fault.

Basterds deserve it onsale one way or another is going to learn

[quote name='IronZombie']Considering how the general public/scumbag slickdealer acts when they don't get what they want (see Youtube video of that German kid freaking out) I highly doubt the public would've been very forgiving. People like to overreact.[/QUOTE]
People do like to over react. The thing is, with how OnSale did handle this, trying to cover it up and ignore it, randomly fulfilling orders instead of first come, first served, etc etc only fueled the flames of a mob mentality. Their ratings are the equivalent of the internet putting their homes to the torch while hoisting pitchforks.

If they had, quickly, taken responsibility for what happened, gotten in front of it, and apologized, people couldn't do much. People might be angry still, but there simply isn't much left for people to say once they've owned up to the issue. It's like the Gamestop/Onlive thing. People are still pissed at Gamestop (hell, people are looking for reasons to be pissed at gamestop), but now that GS has said they regret their actions, and are giving $50 and B2G1 coupons to anyone their actions affected, the griping has just died down immensely. There just isn't much left to complain about.

[quote name='McNutsack']HP didn't notify me until lastnight. Well after the fire sale began. HP should be held to a way higher standard.[/QUOTE]

If you think about it HP had been bombarded since Friday and their site was so beat up with orders even through the glitched SMB while OnSale amazon, how could you get beat up while on Amazon server? The server Amazon was on held up to many attacks of SD while OnSale thing got beat up? From my POV i say OnSale actually updated the quantity themselves without realize that they had none. Its their fault

[quote name='Maskim']People do like to over react. The thing is, with how OnSale did handle this, trying to cover it up and ignore it, randomly fulfilling orders instead of first come, first served, etc etc only fueled the flames of a mob mentality. Their ratings are the equivalent of the internet putting their homes to the torch while hoisting pitchforks.

If they had, quickly, taken responsibility for what happened, gotten in front of it, and apologized, people couldn't do much. People might be angry still, but there simply isn't much left for people to say once they've owned up to the issue. It's like the Gamestop/Onlive thing. People are still pissed at Gamestop (hell, people are looking for reasons to be pissed at gamestop), but now that GS has said they regret their actions, and are giving $50 and B2G1 coupons to anyone their actions affected, the griping has just died down immensely. There just isn't much left to complain about.[/QUOTE]

Exactly...OnSale hasn't offered us anything for their fuck up. I'm HP Touchpad-less and I have nothing after 3 days of waiting without any communication. They screwed up and thankfully their ratings are reflecting that :)

[quote name='McNutsack']Did ANY PLACE alert buyers within 3 days,though?
Insight took 3 days.

It's lame to single out some of these companies. Point your finger at HP and leave it at that. It's much easier than destroying the rep of 5 companies.[/QUOTE]

just called zones.com and they said if your order isnt marked as shipped then it got canceled.

[quote name='seether254']just called zones.com and they said if your order isnt marked as shipped then it got canceled.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured so.
They havent emailed me,though. That was my point. I'm not gonna send them a nasty email or review because of the s**tstorm that is the Touchpad craze. I'm more than understanding.

[quote name='Maskim']People do like to over react. The thing is, with how OnSale did handle this, trying to cover it up and ignore it, randomly fulfilling orders instead of first come, first served, etc etc only fueled the flames of a mob mentality. Their ratings are the equivalent of the internet putting their homes to the torch while hoisting pitchforks.

If they had, quickly, taken responsibility for what happened, gotten in front of it, and apologized, people couldn't do much. People might be angry still, but there simply isn't much left for people to say once they've owned up to the issue. It's like the Gamestop/Onlive thing. People are still pissed at Gamestop (hell, people are looking for reasons to be pissed at gamestop), but now that GS has said they regret their actions, and are giving $50 and B2G1 coupons to anyone their actions affected, the griping has just died down immensely. There just isn't much left to complain about.[/QUOTE]

First come first serve is what bothers me. I ordered within the first minute of them dropping the price for a relative who could really use a TP because of a medical condition. But people who ordered 30 minutes later got theirs? I mean OnSale should have realized to least have taken it off within the first 5-10 minutes for obvious stock control.

As to GameStop, I don't know why anyone would want to shop there. Every time I go in there just to browse (my GS is at my local mall) I ask the employees why they are working there. I hated GS. After watching Zero Originality, I want to pull my hairs out when I see someone with an EDGE card or see them reserving games. I always want to say "Why sir, WHY DO YOU SHOP HERE?! :wall:"

Holy jeez. So I've been online all week trying to pick one of these up, getting less sleep, but still coming up short. I wake up this afternoon (I work a night shift) and see my store says (In Store Only) at Best Buy. My girlfriend works right next to the BB so I tell her and she goes over on her lunch.

Their truck apparently had just arrived. She must've had that cute girl charm or something because the manager went on the truck and dug one out for her. He then told her that they weren't selling them today, as their stockers and truck unloaders weren't even scheduled to come in until later in the night. Instead they were taking them out of inventory and selling them first thing tomorrow morning.

I feel incredibly lucky and relieved to have something to finally show for all of this time invested. My girl and I both wanted one so if we're going to get the second one, I'm camping out tomorrow morning. Something I wanted to avoid, but at least I know they'll have it available.

Thanks OP for having the BB inventory checker readily available.

[quote name='McNutsack']Yeah, I figured so.
They havent emailed me,though. That was my point. I'm not gonna send them a nasty email or review because of the s**tstorm that is the Touchpad craze. I'm more than understanding.[/QUOTE]

yeah i didnt get a email yet either, but nor is my account charged so iv'e given up hope from zones. Now all i have left to go on is my relatively shady order from krumputers.com.

[quote name='Strigol']2 hrs 12 minutes and counting now, and from what I understand HP's customer service closes in 30 mins[/QUOTE]

i calld right at 7am CST and still waited a half hour, they told me my order was goin through financial department still no wrd ordered 1030am sunday

[quote name='SynGamer']Exactly...OnSale hasn't offered us anything for their fuck up. I'm HP Touchpad-less and I have nothing after 3 days of waiting without any communication. They screwed up and thankfully their ratings are reflecting that :)[/QUOTE]
They don't even need to offer you anything, except an apology, as long as they do it quickly. It's not like consumers are entitled to a gift card or anything because of an error. It'd be nice, but they don't owe you; I was just using gamestop as an example of a company apologizing and putting out the fire.

If they knew they only had enough to fulfill 1/10 orders, they could have mass emailed everyone the next morning, and safely cancelled half of their orders they had received, notifying those who were left that their orders were pending and they would sort who was receiving their order, and which orders would be cancelled as soon as they were humanly able to.

They should have owned up to it, immediately, but I don't think they should have to buy you off.

[quote name='Nagasami']OnSale made me lost my sleep while waiting to see if i would still able to get my hand on the TouchPad >.> Nough say!!![/QUOTE]

lol, no matter where anyone ordered from, or if we got one or not, pretty sure we all lost a lot of sleep over this. My body was waking up every 30 minutes to stare over at my HP webpage(which was on autorefresh)

bread's done
Back