HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so freaking torn on this right now.

I want one for a comic book reader. I just don't know if I want to spend the money on it since they haven't fully gotten Android on it yet. I'm sure they will, but I dunno. I hate the not knowing.

Ive got them in my cart but it keeps crashing when i go to pay for them. Im doing better than most but I dont think Ill be able to get it. Crashes after about 3 minutes of waiting.

all gone. Didnt get any of them. I tried putting it into my cart and buying initially then when that kept crashing i tried to buy it now on another comp and now it say they are all gone.

I used ebay.ca to checkout a few minutes ago, $125.08 with shipping and tax. Thankfully the thread on SD was moving so fast, I think it got overlooked since I saw it mentioned and was able to check out without any slowdown

I cant figure out how to check out on either of those sites. I shut the browser down so i dont get irritated. Now i gotta find another present.

oh well, i was planning to buy one for my brother so he doesn't buy mines....i fell in love with my HP TP once again when I installed Android on it.

[quote name='ExplodingRat']I'm so freaking torn on this right now.

I want one for a comic book reader. I just don't know if I want to spend the money on it since they haven't fully gotten Android on it yet. I'm sure they will, but I dunno. I hate the not knowing.[/QUOTE]

It's worth every penny at this price just to be a comic reader with the ComicShelf app. The display is awesome and ComicShelf is still regularly updated. It's not like the thing is unusable without Android. You can do normal web, email & document work just fine. Yeah the games and apps selection is sorely lacking in comparison, but if you're mainly looking for a cheap comic reader then you will never do any better than the Touchpad at this price.

one of the auctions had a qty of 2800 listed before it changed back to "limited qty" so dont fret yet if its still hasnt gone through. Ended up using ebay.co.uk myself. Even then it took a few tries, kept saying invalid item when i confirmed payment.

They just got a ton of negative feedback tonight. While I agree the shipping at $19 was overpriced and they should have charged $10 at the most, everyone who bought it saw the shipping charge before they paid so I don't think they deserve all those negatives.

Man, I wanted the 32 GB one. I was waiting at 7:00 PM Eastern. Then Ebay went shit and the pages wouldn't load. Not that big of a loss though. $150 turned into 170 with shipping and 180 with tax. For a refurbished one with 90 day warranty? Feels like a rip off. Especially since a new one sold for the same price a couple months ago.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They just got a ton of negative feedback tonight. While I agree the shipping at $19 was overpriced and they should have charged $10 at the most, everyone who bought it saw the shipping charge before they paid so I don't think they deserve all those negatives.[/QUOTE]

I can kind of understand the negatives for shipping(not that they are deserved), but why are people leaving positive feedback for them already? Not like they magically already appeared at their doorstep.

Managed to get a 32 GB for $168 using the ebay.ca trick.

I have a question for current touchpad owners... is the Cyanogen Mod 7 alpha 3 worth the trouble? Or should I just stand pat with WebOS until ICS come out? Thanks.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Managed to get a 32 GB for $168 using the ebay.ca trick.

I have a question for current touchpad owners... is the Cyanogen Mod 7 alpha 3 worth the trouble? Or should I just stand pat with WebOS until ICS come out? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Alpha 3 for the most part is fine. 100 million times of a better experience then anything webos can offer as far as apps.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']Managed to get a 32 GB for $168 using the ebay.ca trick.

I have a question for current touchpad owners... is the Cyanogen Mod 7 alpha 3 worth the trouble? Or should I just stand pat with WebOS until ICS come out? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blitz6speed']Alpha 3 for the most part is fine. 100 million times of a better experience then anything webos can offer as far as apps.[/QUOTE]I have one stock TP and one CM7 Alpha 2. I have to admit I use the Android boot of the CM7 TP the most, but webOS has some cool stuff to do as well. It just needs more apps. Alot of this may be due to all the .10 android apps during the current sale and free amazon apps, but there is alot more stuff available on Android. However, I really like webos and it has some unique stuff to offer that android doesn't have. Alpha 2 is really stable for an alpha, but there are quirks. Alpha 3 apparently has issues with headphones much like Alpha 1 apparently did (never had 1). There's a walkthrough that someone posted about somewhere in the last few pages. I used it with little trouble and didn't find it to be too bad. If nothing else do it and get apps free and on sale until an acceptably stable version comes out use them.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Alpha 3 for the most part is fine. 100 million times of a better experience then anything webos can offer as far as apps.[/QUOTE]

While that's somewhat true, 98% of the apps in the Android market are about as useful as email spam. The vast majority of what most people will use a tablet to do is surf the web; and webos is more than adequate at that.

I recommend sticking with webos unless there is a specific Android app you can't live without.

Now that WebOS is officially open source, I hope it grows fast and can be put on any device.

[quote name='thrustbucket']While that's somewhat true, 98% of the apps in the Android market are about as useful as email spam. The vast majority of what most people will use a tablet to do is surf the web; and webos is more than adequate at that.

I recommend sticking with webos unless there is a specific Android app you can't live without.[/QUOTE]

kinda agree here. webos almost provides everything I need, and so far I haven't spent hardly any on apps.

I think there are just a few more apps I want, that I'd have to pay for.

Android would be fun, but till it's a solid port with 100% everything working, I'd rather stick with what works.

If you guys are happy with WebOS, more power to you. Its a dead OS and even open source, last time i checked there is already a open source OS that has 550+k devices sold a day worldwide that is growing at record pace. WebOS is dead as a door nail, open source or not.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They just got a ton of negative feedback tonight. While I agree the shipping at $19 was overpriced and they should have charged $10 at the most, everyone who bought it saw the shipping charge before they paid so I don't think they deserve all those negatives.[/QUOTE]

$19 didnt really bother me what bothers me is i ordered 2 and they hit me with $38 shipping then put it in the same box [per the tracking number] i'll definetly be asking for some sort of refund and if that fails will file a paypal dispute.

On one hand i agree people who bought 1 knew what they were getting but on the other hand they really are simply profiting extra off those shipping charges, and in my case i got quite screwed. I'd have less ground to stand on if they shipped them seperate but double charging someone that exorbitant fee only to stick them in the same box is taking the customer for a ride. I mean nearly $40 to ship a 3lb box? Give me a break. And they get corporate shipping rates to boot!

Ebay cracked down on this some time ago, not sure why HP should get a pass.

[quote name='lonesome killer']Man, I wanted the 32 GB one. I was waiting at 7:00 PM Eastern. Then Ebay went shit and the pages wouldn't load. Not that big of a loss though. $150 turned into 170 with shipping and 180 with tax. For a refurbished one with 90 day warranty? Feels like a rip off. Especially since a new one sold for the same price a couple months ago.[/QUOTE]

It took them this long to fix all the broken ones they sent out during the firesale.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Got one. More than I wanted to pay but, eh, it's only money.[/QUOTE]

If you got it for under $200 shipped for the 32gb model, then you still did good. Still much cheaper than plunking down $500+ on an iPad.

I can't believe this thread is still alive and active. It feels like it's been ages since the firesale.

Is there a guide on how to update CM7 (Android?)

Im on 2.1, and the sleep of death issue is becoming more frequent, and apparently version 3 fixes it entirely.

Do I just redo the original installation, or is there a way to "patch" it?

CM7 Alpha 3.5 is out, the new Wifi stuff is from Ice Cream Sandwhich (ICS is being worked on for touchpad, 3.5 is fruit from that work so far). If you already have CM7 installed, download the zip to root of the internal storage, reboot into recovery, wipe dalvik cache 2 times, then wipe cache 2 times, then install the 3.5 zip and reboot.

[quote name='Kerig']If you got it for under $200 shipped for the 32gb model, then you still did good. Still much cheaper than plunking down $500+ on an iPad.

I can't believe this thread is still alive and active. It feels like it's been ages since the firesale.[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking the same thing, lol. I remember I posted when this thread went live. That was six months or so ago.

Very nice of them to refund the full amount, I just left them a positive with all 5 stars. I was originally going to leave a low DSR for shipping. I hope all those people that left negatives revise their comments since I see they lost their top rated seller status because of all the bad feedback they got.

Some good deals here!

Take advantage of lots of great games this week. Gameloft is offering a special price at $0.99 just for you. Play with the whole family and have fun!
space.png
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]App Special Deals[/FONT]
space.png
Try these webOS apps from Gameloft at a special price just for you.

assassin_creed.png
Assassin’s Creed™ Altaïr's Chronicles
Attack. As the Master Assassin, you must end the Crusade. An action-packed game!
Special Price $0.99

nova2.png
N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD
Battle. The ultimate sci-fi FBS is back! Play as a single user or with a group featuring new battlefields.
Special Price $0.99

asphalt6.png
Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD
Race. Feel the thrill of racing—an adrenaline-pumping game!
Special Price $0.99

shrek_kart.png
Shrek Kart™ HD
Win. Shrek and friends race a kart to win Ye Grand Tournament.
Special Price $0.99

title_top.gif
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]App Showcase[/FONT]
title_bottom.gif
Try these webOS apps that are great for downtime to play and read with the family.

mad_maks_3d.png
Mad Maks 3D HD
Defend. Arcade shooting game. Defend your units and dodge the waves of the enemy to victory.
Price $0.99

grimms.png
Grimm’s Fairy Stories
Read. Classic Grimm’s Fairy Tales such as “Cinderella”,” Hansel and Grethel”, “Repunzel” and more.
Price $0.00

swingworm.png
Swingworm
Wiggle. Swing, fling, stretch, and grab your way through this game.
Price $2.99

zite.png
Zite
Read. Delivers all the great news you want, automatically learning what you like and getting smarter as you use it.
Price $0.00

title_top.gif
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Special Feature – App Catalog’s Featured Apps[/FONT]
title_bottom.gif

December App Catalog (US only) launched new Featured Apps content about great apps for the holidays with app discounts and great showcases.

These apps will help you survive the holidays, organize your shopping, spend quality time with family, and help you get around town if you’re traveling.

Update your App Catalog today to check it out.

icon_feature.jpg

Try these webOS apps from Gameloft at a special price just for you.

Assassin’s Creed™ Altaïr's Chronicles
Attack. As the Master Assassin, you must end the Crusade. An action-packed game!
Special Price $0.99

N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD
Battle. The ultimate sci-fi FBS is back! Play as a single user or with a group featuring new battlefields.
Special Price $0.99

Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD
Race. Feel the thrill of racing—an adrenaline-pumping game!
Special Price $0.99

Shrek Kart™ HD
Win. Shrek and friends race a kart to win Ye Grand Tournament.
Special Price $0.99

App Showcase

Try these webOS apps that are great for downtime to play and read with the family.

Mad Maks 3D HD
Defend. Arcade shooting game. Defend your units and dodge the waves of the enemy to victory.
Price $0.99

Grimm’s Fairy Stories
Read. Classic Grimm’s Fairy Tales such as “Cinderella”,” Hansel and Grethel”, “Repunzel” and more.
Price $0.00

Swingworm
Wiggle. Swing, fling, stretch, and grab your way through this game.
Price $2.99

Zite
Read. Delivers all the great news you want, automatically learning what you like and getting smarter as you use it.
Price $0.00

I've located one at a B&M store nearby...I don't know if I should pull the trigger. I was debating on getting a Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook, or now this. Any recommendations?

[quote name='joeyshadows']I've located one at a B&M store nearby...I don't know if I should pull the trigger. I was debating on getting a Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook, or now this. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

I own a Touchpad and hardly gets used. Average hardware, somewhat slow operating system, boot times are atrocious and HP walked away from the device. The Blackberry Playbook is another i'd stay away from as the maker of the Blackberry Playbook is having financial trouble. The device is not bad if you own a Blackberry phone. The Kindle Fire is decent for an Android Tablet but it shines if you buy stuff on Amazon. I also own a Kindle Fire, no regrets but i'm an Amazon whore. :booty:

[quote name='thrustbucket']I love it when I hear this.

I have owned a Touchpad since July and I think I've booted it once.[/QUOTE]

It takes a good couple minutes but if your running strictly webOS. I must agree though, I only restart when I switch to webOS from Android and it doesn't take that long. Honestly guys, it's a $100 amazing tablet. Hell, I would have paid 300 and still been amazed.

bread's done
Back